+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Thanks for that shell, sunshine still isnt appealing to me, but with the wait times it was the same at the Mercy in heidelberg. I think the whole health system is up the creek in that regard anyway.

Oopadayz.. I'll friend request you & get em to add ya. I'll inbox u the info. And anyone else whos interested & due in sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Seems this has turned more into a due in group my baby days are over, my dp doesn't want any bio children of his own and I don't want anymore either.
    I came from Ballarat which in my opinion being a westy is still a step up from that lol I was born and raised there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not at all a due in group lol! Im in enough already haha! I thought i'd just let oopa know about the fb dig im in seeing shes only a couple of weeks behind me :-)

Temet .. Has DP lived in werribee long? I lived in hoppers around 15 years ago now but its changed so much, the whole area is so big now! Its hard to meet people in similar situations in such a big place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Twinkling

LOL Temet, No, not a due in group here. I just wanna meet other mummies and mummies to be. And maybe complain about the local area sometimes, b!tch about that, whinge about that, poke fun at the other LOL. You know. Just chatter and have fun

Oh and temet, never say Never, you may end up with an Oppsie baby like we did! My man never would have opted for kids either, but here we are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yeah he's lived here for around 20 years now so grew up here it does seem to be getting built up alot, there's the new estate thing they're building down in Werribee south and there's another area being built up in Wyndham vale/manor lakes area. I sometimes go to point cook shopping centre but I'll only go with dp driving, I Hate driving in the traffic lol. My ds's kinder is near hoppers crossing and I hate the traffic there right on school pick up hours too I not long got my licence so being thrown into Melbourne suburb traffic was a shock

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and I hope there's no surprises for us I have the copper iud which is a fairly low chance of unexpected pregnancy, and in 4 years time when it's time to come out dp is going to get the snip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh well there you go then, sounds like you'll be safe from the 'Oh crap' moment that I wasn't spared from LOL

Gotta love how all this area is being built up, yet the roads can't hold the traffic and you can barely get cable even in parts of Hoppers or Werribee that have been there for yonks!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Yeah he's lived here for around 20 years now so grew up here it does seem to be getting built up alot, there's the new estate thing they're building down in Werribee south and there's another area being built up in Wyndham vale/manor lakes area. I sometimes go to point cook shopping centre but I'll only go with dp driving, I Hate driving in the traffic lol. My ds's kinder is near hoppers crossing and I hate the traffic there right on school pick up hours too I not long got my licence so being thrown into Melbourne suburb traffic was a shock
    Likewise Temet, I only got my licence last year. As soon as I found out that I was pregnant I started lessons- there was no way I was going to have a newborn and a teenager without a licence or my own wheels. Now that I have it I don't know myself, such freedom! Don't know how I ever lived without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shell Somer View Post
    Hey there, I'm 33 and ftm to my beautiful 14 day old boy Lachie. I didnt find out I was preggers till 28 weeks so had no choice but to go to sunshine, which I really wasn't happy about at all!!!! I found the pre-natal care a little questionable, I had to ask if I should be having more regular appointments-had one at 32 weeks then the next one wasn't scheduled till
    I was nearly 39 weeks!!!
    Congrats wow, how did you not know until 28wks? You should be on that foxtel show, ha!

It also does seem strange that you only just found out you were pregnant, then they were happy for you to go 7wks without a check-up?? That's part of the 'bad' news I hear about the place, they are so busy that you don't seem to get the pre-natal care you should.

I'm glad everything worked out for you and your bub though! Send a pic if you are comfortable

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Congrats wow, how did you not know until 28wks? You should be on that foxtel show, ha!

It also does seem strange that you only just found out you were pregnant, then they were happy for you to go 7wks without a check-up?? That's part of the 'bad' news I hear about the place, they are so busy that you don't seem to get the pre-natal care you should.

I'm glad everything worked out for you and your bub though! Send a pic if you are comfortable
    Yeah I know, I always used up watch that show on foxtel & pick on them thinking-how could they not know? Well, it can happen! My hubby and I went on a health kick & both lost around 30kgs since May, (still a long way to go but ill be back on track soon!) so we were eating well and exercising 7-8 times a week. I honestly had no idea, always had dodgy periods so wasn't unusual to not get one for that time! We pretty much had ten weeks to get used to the idea and set up our whole house! I had no symptoms and everything was going really well till I was admitted!

Yeah I think the pre natal care was a bit iffy, I got admitted with gastro on Boxing Day, just had to stay and get some fluids, but my first and only ob appointment was on that same day-despite being in there overnight the appointment went for 10 mins & pretty much consisted of the obs going through a weight management pamphlet, no blood pressure check or anything, we felt rushed and after 1.5 hours of waiting for the obs on 2 hours sleep we wished we hadve stayed in bed! Even though as 'high risk' due to high bmi, they would not accept shared care-I still went to my gp so felt she was in control of my pre natal care.

I've heard bad stories as well but have had other friends go to sunshine who had good experiences as well. One of my friends had a still birth and had to labour there and said the care she received was excellent, her family was allowed in and they were really attentive. She is now pregnant again and as high risk has really regular appointments and has received good care.

Some of the staff could do with some customer service/patient relations training especially the radiology ladies. (Sorry!! Just my opinion)