+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so a little about me now since everyone has shared a little on them.

I'm 31, been solo parenting pretty much since birth untill near on two yrs ago, and my autistic (low end of scale) son is 8yrs old. The sperm donor has nothing to do with us, which works fine for us. He pays his child support but it's not the full amount. I don't bother chasing it.

I've lived all up and down the east coast of Oz, but Melbourne is always home. Since the massive tragic fires a few yrs back in Gippsland where my home was threatened once again (seemed to be a yearly thing with a diff level of threat) I decided to get back to the city, I'd had enough of it, so I ended up in the Western Suburbs. Spent a year in Derrimut (dirtymutt) and now I'm in Hoppers. I don't mind it here. I'm in a nice cozy area, and as much as this place has a rep for being rough, i really think it's who you know and what you do as to how rough you will experience or see. I see the odd derelict and such but you'd see them anywhere really. I just keep to myself and do my own thing. (unless you pee me off then I erupt)

I don't really know anyone around the area. Although I've worked the entire time, I never connected as a real friend with work mates as I was the mummy with responsibilities and they were young and care free. Oh well.

Aside from meeting my partner, life has been rather boring and lonely here, but at least that also means drama free LOL. I have one best friend who also ended up moving here, and only a few blocks away but she is pregnant also and she never gets out, which I prefer to do, even just to walk around the park or shops or have a hot chocolate somewhere, I don't like being home all the time. So even though she's only a few blocks away, most of the time it's like being in another country from her.

I am 9 weeks preg with an EDD of Sept 21st. This pregnancy is a surprise, but in all honesty, my partner never would have 'planned' to have a kid, he is a golden child and has not been out of the family home too many years. He seems to think everything has to be perfect and money great and such to have a kid and I keep telling him Life waits for no one, and there is never a perfect time, you just get on with it, like everyone else.

Never the less, he is happy now, after the shock wore off and he calls the bump by a boys name already, so oh dear wont he crumble if it's a girl. (i think it's a boy though but not 100% as I was with my son so we will see)

I recently just quit my fulltime job because I wasn't handling pregnancy well till recently and also I hate hate hate what that place has become. The new owners have destroyed a well known company with many awards. I'll never eat their products again or go back there.

I work for a dog rescue group and that fills my heart with happiness. It's not paid but I love it and do anything and everything I can to help the paws!

Anyhow thats about it for me.. sorry to bore you.. but yea, look forward to getting to know you all so much more and one day, we can all catch up and do stuff too, that'd be great! Can never have enough friends.... right? LOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oopadayz For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-02-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    From what I've heard with sunshine "the noisy wheel gets the worm" if you are meek and mild and let them have their way you could easily get lost in the machine. I don't feel they managed my previous baby loss very well (unexplain inter uterine fetal demise at 17 w 4 d) they kept putting off my induction (as they have to prioritise live births... Fair enough) but I was given no emotional or social support either before or after my son's birth. The midwife who helped birth my baby boy and washed him and dressed him and photographed him was absolutely lovely but I found the obstetrician on duty absolutely horrible, without a compassionate bone in her body. We had literally moved here exactly 2 weeks prior and knew nobody here at all, nor were we clear on the way the health system works here. Nobody took the time to explain what was happening or what our options were following the birth, I never understood it was possible to have my boy cremated, they just said we could take him home and bury him under a tree if we wanted (not bloody likely- and especially not in a rental house!). I never received any follow up care from the hospital apart from a 15 minute consult about 6 weeks later with an unknown Dr who dispassionately detailed the tests we'd had done and that nothing unusual was found. And that was it! Left floundering with a 2 year old and no support network- hence I will never go back there, I need to go somewhere that they'll treat me as an individual
    **(Note, possible trigger warning in my reply for anyone else reading)

That is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry that that happened to you, I can't imagine my reaction at being told to bury my child under a tree in the garden, that would leave me gutted and speechless, especially when the option of cremation was available. i didn't know that hospitals told people to do that? Maybe a memorial in their gardens but surely not actual burial? You must have been feeling so lost at that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post
    My DH has just moved out - im now doing it alone with 3 boys plus this belly bean, ages 13,12 & 3. The older two also live with my Ex some of the time & that arrangement is fairly flexible now that they're older. I just cant believe im doing this alone all over again.

Not sure who asked me - I havent been back through from the start, but this separation isnt the first, its been coming for a while, DH has a substance abuse problem thanks to his previous association with a bikie gang & basically im done with it. Im sick of coming second to this crap. Im sick of living in it. He gets off it for awhile and then its back. It never leaves for good.
    Doing it alone will be tough at times, but like Pesca77 said, you have to do what's right for yourself and kids. You don't need that crap in your lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I am moving to Williams Landing in two weeks. I am 26yrs, married and have a 3yr old DD and am due with our baby boy on 1st June. We moved here from Canberra 10months ago and I don't know a single peron here.
    I am not sure what hospital I will be having him at yet as I have currently been with the Northern at Epping and am having an elective c section due to internal issues from endometriosis and organ binding from adhesions (DD was an emergency c section also).
    I am hoping the Northern will just let me stay with them as I am already over halfway through my pregnancy and from what I hear won't get into Werribee hospital. but it would mean DH and DD traveling 45mins to and from the hospital to see me and I assume with a cesarean I will be I hospital for 3-5days. the Northern is shocking for wait times for Obs though. I usually wait about 2hours at each appointment.
    Hi Jez

I'm getting clucky lol... everyone is pregnant! I miss it so much, loved it so much. But DD is not even 7 mths old, so..
    Yeah you should try and call the Mercy, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Twinkling - I'm being induced in 2 weeks today! I can't wait to get this heat over and done with a big belly, but I'm excited/nervous now too.
    How exciting! I was induced with DD as well because my waters broke but labour didn't progress. Looking forward to hearing all about everyone's new lil' bundles soon!

It does feel good to see everyone posting on here. Oopadayz thanks for starting this thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Oopadayz  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopadayz View Post
    Ok so a little about me now since everyone has shared a little on them.

I'm 31, been solo parenting pretty much since birth untill near on two yrs ago, and my autistic (low end of scale) son is 8yrs old. The sperm donor has nothing to do with us, which works fine for us. He pays his child support but it's not the full amount. I don't bother chasing it.

I've lived all up and down the east coast of Oz, but Melbourne is always home. Since the massive tragic fires a few yrs back in Gippsland where my home was threatened once again (seemed to be a yearly thing with a diff level of threat) I decided to get back to the city, I'd had enough of it, so I ended up in the Western Suburbs. Spent a year in Derrimut (dirtymutt) and now I'm in Hoppers. I don't mind it here. I'm in a nice cozy area, and as much as this place has a rep for being rough, i really think it's who you know and what you do as to how rough you will experience or see. I see the odd derelict and such but you'd see them anywhere really. I just keep to myself and do my own thing. (unless you pee me off then I erupt)

I don't really know anyone around the area. Although I've worked the entire time, I never connected as a real friend with work mates as I was the mummy with responsibilities and they were young and care free. Oh well.

Aside from meeting my partner, life has been rather boring and lonely here, but at least that also means drama free LOL. I have one best friend who also ended up moving here, and only a few blocks away but she is pregnant also and she never gets out, which I prefer to do, even just to walk around the park or shops or have a hot chocolate somewhere, I don't like being home all the time. So even though she's only a few blocks away, most of the time it's like being in another country from her.

I am 9 weeks preg with an EDD of Sept 21st. This pregnancy is a surprise, but in all honesty, my partner never would have 'planned' to have a kid, he is a golden child and has not been out of the family home too many years. He seems to think everything has to be perfect and money great and such to have a kid and I keep telling him Life waits for no one, and there is never a perfect time, you just get on with it, like everyone else.

Never the less, he is happy now, after the shock wore off and he calls the bump by a boys name already, so oh dear wont he crumble if it's a girl. (i think it's a boy though but not 100% as I was with my son so we will see)

I recently just quit my fulltime job because I wasn't handling pregnancy well till recently and also I hate hate hate what that place has become. The new owners have destroyed a well known company with many awards. I'll never eat their products again or go back there.

I work for a dog rescue group and that fills my heart with happiness. It's not paid but I love it and do anything and everything I can to help the paws!

Anyhow thats about it for me.. sorry to bore you.. but yea, look forward to getting to know you all so much more and one day, we can all catch up and do stuff too, that'd be great! Can never have enough friends.... right? LOL
    I am in the exact situation with my "best friend", she only lives up the road but she might as well live in another country- she's not pregnant but has some stuff going on in her world and she has only seen DD twice since I had her- in almost 7 months.
    I don't have any other friends around here either, since I stopped working and had DD, I don't see anyone anymore- but I must admit that it's partly my fault, my old collegues always ask me to catch up but it's like you said, I never really felt the connection with them so I avoid seeing them socially. I've become a bit of a hermit lately, which I hate! I often pop DD in her pram and we go for walks or I'll jump in the car and window shop at the plaza.. but it's always by myself as DH works. I'm getting bored, there's only so much you can do by yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it, and only so many conversations you can have with a baby or young kiddo.

Parenting has become such a controversial and lonely thing, it's terrible. We women need to band together and support each other again, and that includes all the differences in our styles and ways of life.

I know I'm not the only chicka here looking to make new mates, both online and in real life, and to learn, care and share!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oopadayz For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

^^ amen to that oopadayz! I know zero ppl in Derrimut! I dont mind it here in dirtymutt though - lol - but ive also lived in hoppers, altona meadows, williamstown (where i was born) newport & yarraville before moving to Craigieburn with my almost-semi ex for 8 years.

Now im back in the wild west i dont see anyone from my previous life - and if their facebook updates are anything to go by i dont want to either! They're forever b*tching & backstabbing and fighting with each other just like in high school 15 years ago.

I work part time in a male dominated construction place & they arent really appealing to me in the friendship stakes. I have one other close friend with young kids in Melton but thats about it, except for the mothers group i joined after having ds3 in craigieburn, theres about 5 of us that still catch up once a month or so.

Oopadayz & anyone else due in september - there is a fb due in group im in if you wanna join! Its a pretty cool group actually. Any opportunity to talk to other pregnant ladies due around the same time and im in lol - i never know anyone thats pregnant in my life while im pregnant. Always when im not but never when i am lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkling For This Useful Post:

Oopadayz  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Quote Originally Posted by Oopadayz View Post
    Has ANYONE previously birthed at Scumshine (sunshine)
    Last pregnancy I was at RWH and this time my only option has been scumshine.

Is there any GOOD news stories from there?
    Hey there, I'm 33 and ftm to my beautiful 14 day old boy Lachie. I didnt find out I was preggers till 28 weeks so had no choice but to go to sunshine, which I really wasn't happy about at all!!!! I found the pre-natal care a little questionable, I had to ask if I should be having more regular appointments-had one at 32 weeks then the next one wasn't scheduled till
    I was nearly 39 weeks!!!!!!

But anyway...apart from that and the endless waiting (which I get cos they are so busy but it's really the last thing you want to be doing) the care I received in hospital was good. I got admitted with pre eclampsia at 38 weeks and had to stay in and be induced. The midwives (except for one very grumpy one who made me cry) were fantastic, they had a lot of grad students starting so lots of staff around, it also helped that the head midwife was explaining things to the grad. As a ftm I felt supported, and they even understood when I got grumpy with them because I had been in for a week! Hope your experience is a good as mine.

It's great to see local mummies on here!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shell Somer For This Useful Post:

Oopadayz  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post

Oopadayz & anyone else due in september - there is a fb due in group im in if you wanna join! Its a pretty cool group actually. Any opportunity to talk to other pregnant ladies due around the same time and im in lol - i never know anyone thats pregnant in my life while im pregnant. Always when im not but never when i am lol
    that'd be great actually, I tried to involve myself in the thread here but was ignored generally so I gave it up, but I kept reading and then I saw all the losses so i didn't stick my nose in again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Shell Somer! Every bit of personal experience is great to hear!

Are you a local boganite too? LOL
    Hope no one takes offense to that term, Bogan, it's just a joking term I use with my partner, the western Bogans!