+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Pesca77.. Ahhh my goodness, i seem to attract men like this too. Does he have/want to have anything to do with bub or your LO??

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol havent considered that combo oopz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post
    Pesca77.. Ahhh my goodness, i seem to attract men like this too. Does he have/want to have anything to do with bub or your LO??
    When he first left, he hardly saw DS1. But now he lives closer and is actually wanting to see more of him finally, which is great for DS. At the moment he sees him for 1 day a weekend.

He does plan on being a part of DS2's life too, however since I plan on b/f again, it will be a long time before this happens. He will have to visit him here only in short bursts, so lets see what eventuates.

Thanks
    Reviews

GonnabeaGR8, WTF @ sunshine. Shame on their lack of basic regard for you as a human being :-( "..take him home and bury him under a tree.." Seriously?? I am so sorry you were treated like that. And for your loss xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Pesca, thats about all you can do hey. Im already beginning to see my LO wont be a priority to DH, he was supposed to take him out today, didnt turn up, the excuse being he fell asleep. Same crap yesterday. Promises him things & doesnt bother. Speaks for itself. And he calls tonight at 8.45pm wanting to say goodnight to DS - who goes to bed at 8 - then accuses me of making it up & keeping him away from him on purpose. WTF??? This guy is 40.

How long till you're due?? This heat must be killing you. Im only 11wks & im already uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi everyone.
    I am moving to Williams Landing in two weeks. I am 26yrs, married and have a 3yr old DD and am due with our baby boy on 1st June. We moved here from Canberra 10months ago and I don't know a single peron here.
    I am not sure what hospital I will be having him at yet as I have currently been with the Northern at Epping and am having an elective c section due to internal issues from endometriosis and organ binding from adhesions (DD was an emergency c section also).
    I am hoping the Northern will just let me stay with them as I am already over halfway through my pregnancy and from what I hear won't get into Werribee hospital. but it would mean DH and DD traveling 45mins to and from the hospital to see me and I assume with a cesarean I will be I hospital for 3-5days. the Northern is shocking for wait times for Obs though. I usually wait about 2hours at each appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi jez and welcome to the area. You can always try ringing the mercy, I know some ladies who've moved here mid pregnancy and managed to secure a place due to patients moving away or pregnancy loss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    Hi jez and welcome to the area. You can always try ringing the mercy, I know some ladies who've moved here mid pregnancy and managed to secure a place due to patients moving away or pregnancy loss.
    Thanks for the tip. I will try to give them a call this week. They can only say no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Twinkling - I'm being induced in 2 weeks today! I can't wait to get this heat over and done with a big belly, but I'm excited/nervous now too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK here goes, I've got a lot to catch up on, so Hopefully I don't miss anything and sorry if I do

Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    Oopadayz, I had the exact same concern about the big age gap between mine but so far DS has been amazing with his baby sis. The love he has shown for her has just blown me away, he is completely besotted with her! As for them growing up together in the classic sense it wont happen obviously but they have already formed a fantastic bond and I'm sure that their relationship will be solid when they're both older.

Sunshine hospital- I haven't had any of my babies there but DS did have 2 operations on a badly broken wrist there and they were terrific, we had no problems. Actually, in that situation they were better than Werribee Mercy who originally treated him but screwed up the positioning of the bones when they first plastered him and Sunshine fixed it.
    I had my son have his medically needed circumcision there, and they were great too, so when all I hear is bad, I think surely I wasn't a lucky one. I'm never lucky. In fact, I am known as the bad luck child! I have my first appointment this coming weekend with them and I will need to see them more often then regular for others due to my own medical issues but time will tell how it all goes I guess. I'm deff no push over, deff not like I was as a first time mother.

I hope my son bonds with his new sibling just as well as yours have. I will be trying to involve him as much as I can in helping with baby too.

Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    Both my boys were at sunshine so was my nephew, only problem I had with DS1 he was a little over 1day and we were discharged, but DS2 was about 3-4 days I fell in love with the staff so helpful and friendly
    Thanks for your feed back! Being that I have a child already, if things go well, I will be pushing to get out rather fast. it will be different then last pregnancy when I birthed at RWH and my son needed extra care and I refused to leave until they discharged him also, despite them trying to evict me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    My sister had a baby at Sunshine 13yrs ago - that's my only experience with it! But I've always heard bad stories so not sure if its just perception or not to be honest, but I'd never plan to go there if I can avoid it.

I had DS1 at Frances Perry and about to check in to there awesome service in another 2 weeks time!

I'm the opposite to many of you ladies - my age gap is going to be very small - 18 month I'm freaking!

This belly bean wasn't planned, was a huge shock after being told we couldn't have kids naturally (IVF for DS1) and for it to happen so fast too. Part of the reason DH split, couldn't handle the thought. Turns out I married a weak selfish pr*ck!

Yes, the bad news always travels fast doesn't it, but good goes no where. I guess thats why I asked on a thread out on the forum also, trying to get some good news out there also.

Good luck for two week... what are you having, do you know? Have you picked a name?

P.S, I never wanted an age gap of more then 3 yrs, but alas, here I am. At least your youngens will entertain each other and give you some hands free time when they are both on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post
    My DH has just moved out - im now doing it alone with 3 boys plus this belly bean, ages 13,12 & 3. The older two also live with my Ex some of the time & that arrangement is fairly flexible now that they're older. I just cant believe im doing this alone all over again.

Not sure who asked me - I havent been back through from the start, but this separation isnt the first, its been coming for a while, DH has a substance abuse problem thanks to his previous association with a bikie gang & basically im done with it. Im sick of coming second to this crap. Im sick of living in it. He gets off it for awhile and then its back. It never leaves for good.
    HUGS sweety... It must be all a jumble for you right now, but at least you know how to get on with things as unfortunately you've been there done that before.
    I also understand the impact the 'gangs' can have on family, regardless how far back in the past it is, I was once involved with a feller with the same history and issues. Wasn't good. Good on you for doing whats best for you and the kids though hunny and remember, the best way to parent, isn't always together!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    From what I've heard with sunshine "the noisy wheel gets the worm" if you are meek and mild and let them have their way you could easily get lost in the machine. I don't feel they managed my previous baby loss very well (unexplain inter uterine fetal demise at 17 w 4 d) they kept putting off my induction (as they have to prioritise live births... Fair enough) but I was given no emotional or social support either before or after my son's birth. The midwife who helped birth my baby boy and washed him and dressed him and photographed him was absolutely lovely but I found the obstetrician on duty absolutely horrible, without a compassionate bone in her body. We had literally moved here exactly 2 weeks prior and knew nobody here at all, nor were we clear on the way the health system works here. Nobody took the time to explain what was happening or what our options were following the birth, I never understood it was possible to have my boy cremated, they just said we could take him home and bury him under a tree if we wanted (not bloody likely- and especially not in a rental house!). I never received any follow up care from the hospital apart from a 15 minute consult about 6 weeks later with an unknown Dr who dispassionately detailed the tests we'd had done and that nothing unusual was found. And that was it! Left floundering with a 2 year old and no support network- hence I will never go back there, I need to go somewhere that they'll treat me as an individual
    Oh my goodness, thats terrible and I have a tear on my cheek for you just reading that. I am so sorry. I have no words now. Just many

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I am moving to Williams Landing in two weeks. I am 26yrs, married and have a 3yr old DD and am due with our baby boy on 1st June. We moved here from Canberra 10months ago and I don't know a single peron here.
    I am not sure what hospital I will be having him at yet as I have currently been with the Northern at Epping and am having an elective c section due to internal issues from endometriosis and organ binding from adhesions (DD was an emergency c section also).
    I am hoping the Northern will just let me stay with them as I am already over halfway through my pregnancy and from what I hear won't get into Werribee hospital. but it would mean DH and DD traveling 45mins to and from the hospital to see me and I assume with a cesarean I will be I hospital for 3-5days. the Northern is shocking for wait times for Obs though. I usually wait about 2hours at each appointment.
    Hi Jez, my partner owns a home and lived in Williams Landing, so I frequent there a lot, although I'm in Hoppers Crossing, 10mins away. We love feeding the swans and walking the dogs there.

Since you had a C/S you may be able to apply to go to the RWH, good chance they will take you. It would be hard getting into werribee at this late stage but always worth a try, whats the worst they can say, sorry we are full? They are not a fully functioning large hospy like the rest so they do limit intake. Mostly they refer to Sunshine but as you can see, its very black and white with that hospital, some have a fantastic time and others tragically terrible, there doesn't seem much inbetween. Another member has mentioned baccas marsh, maybe that could be worth looking at also?

Anyhow great to meet you and look forward to getting to know you more

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Twinkling - I'm being induced in 2 weeks today! I can't wait to get this heat over and done with a big belly, but I'm excited/nervous now too.
    All the best with your induction. I had a failed induction, worst time of my life, will never do it again. But as I said before, I am a bad luck child and stuff never goes right or smoothly for me LOL so you should be fine!!