+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    Werribee os very hard to get into as with cost cuts they are having they are closing beds down in all areas including maternity and special care as well. So you need to be really quick to grt in there.
    We had our twins at sunshine due to being over werribees bmi limit. Alot of people say alot of things about sunshine and to tell u the truth I used to be one of them. But from the minute we rang them to book in to the day our twin boys were born they were above average and we wouldnt hesitate to go back there

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    I hope I have a good experience. I had my first at RWH years ago, and that was crappy, so I have my hopes that it can't be any worse

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oopadayz For This Useful Post:

jbr  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Oopadayz - I had DS3 in the neonatal ward at scumshine when he was 7 days old as he developed an infection in his eye and started losing weight, then he suddenly turned all floppy & sunshine was the closest hospital. To say they were fantastic in there would be an understatement. We were given a private room in the NICU with him so we could stay -i was breastfeeding- they helped me with that and were just awesome. As for the normal maternity ward and staff im not sure.

Im having my fourth c-section due to having monster babies (11lb or 5kg in metric was my biggest) and i have a small pelvic outlet :-( so im gonna be high risk & nervous to say the least about sunshine's reputation. Im going to do some digging around about it. I'll let you know.

I'll go through and do personals to you all when kiddies are in bed later, but im pretty happy to have found this thread by total chance this morning xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad people are seeing and replying now! Starting to feel less lonely out here~

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oopadayz, I had the exact same concern about the big age gap between mine but so far DS has been amazing with his baby sis. The love he has shown for her has just blown me away, he is completely besotted with her! As for them growing up together in the classic sense it wont happen obviously but they have already formed a fantastic bond and I'm sure that their relationship will be solid when they're both older.

Sunshine hospital- I haven't had any of my babies there but DS did have 2 operations on a badly broken wrist there and they were terrific, we had no problems. Actually, in that situation they were better than Werribee Mercy who originally treated him but screwed up the positioning of the bones when they first plastered him and Sunshine fixed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oopadayz View Post
    Has ANYONE previously birthed at Scumshine (sunshine)
    Last pregnancy I was at RWH and this time my only option has been scumshine.

Is there any GOOD news stories from there?
    Both my boys were at sunshine so was my nephew, only problem I had with DS1 he was a little over 1day and we were discharged, but DS2 was about 3-4 days I fell in love with the staff so helpful and friendly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My sister had a baby at Sunshine 13yrs ago - that's my only experience with it! But I've always heard bad stories so not sure if its just perception or not to be honest, but I'd never plan to go there if I can avoid it.

I had DS1 at Frances Perry and about to check in to there awesome service in another 2 weeks time!

I'm the opposite to many of you ladies - my age gap is going to be very small - 18 month I'm freaking!

This belly bean wasn't planned, was a huge shock after being told we couldn't have kids naturally (IVF for DS1) and for it to happen so fast too. Part of the reason DH split, couldn't handle the thought. Turns out I married a weak selfish pr*ck!

This heat is killing me, so I can't wait for it to be over so I can just get over the anxiety too and move on with my 2 little boys

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH has just moved out - im now doing it alone with 3 boys plus this belly bean, ages 13,12 & 3. The older two also live with my Ex some of the time & that arrangement is fairly flexible now that they're older. I just cant believe im doing this alone all over again.

Not sure who asked me - I havent been back through from the start, but this separation isnt the first, its been coming for a while, DH has a substance abuse problem thanks to his previous association with a bikie gang & basically im done with it. Im sick of coming second to this crap. Im sick of living in it. He gets off it for awhile and then its back. It never leaves for good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post
    My DH has just moved out - im now doing it alone with 3 boys plus this belly bean, ages 13,12 & 3. The older two also live with my Ex some of the time & that arrangement is fairly flexible now that they're older. I just cant believe im doing this alone all over again.

Not sure who asked me - I havent been back through from the start, but this separation isnt the first, its been coming for a while, DH has a substance abuse problem thanks to his previous association with a bikie gang & basically im done with it. Im sick of coming second to this crap. Im sick of living in it. He gets off it for awhile and then its back. It never leaves for good.
    Twinkling. Sounds as though you're doing the right thing by your boys and yourself.

Doing it on your own is hard, there's no point saying its anything but! Hopefully you have wonderful support around you. Focus on your new baby and the exciting parts of bringing new life in to this world - that's what I'm currently telling myself. Are you hoping for a girl this time around?

PM me anytime you want a private chat too X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

From what I've heard with sunshine "the noisy wheel gets the worm" if you are meek and mild and let them have their way you could easily get lost in the machine. I don't feel they managed my previous baby loss very well (unexplain inter uterine fetal demise at 17 w 4 d) they kept putting off my induction (as they have to prioritise live births... Fair enough) but I was given no emotional or social support either before or after my son's birth. The midwife who helped birth my baby boy and washed him and dressed him and photographed him was absolutely lovely but I found the obstetrician on duty absolutely horrible, without a compassionate bone in her body. We had literally moved here exactly 2 weeks prior and knew nobody here at all, nor were we clear on the way the health system works here. Nobody took the time to explain what was happening or what our options were following the birth, I never understood it was possible to have my boy cremated, they just said we could take him home and bury him under a tree if we wanted (not bloody likely- and especially not in a rental house!). I never received any follow up care from the hospital apart from a 15 minute consult about 6 weeks later with an unknown Dr who dispassionately detailed the tests we'd had done and that nothing unusual was found. And that was it! Left floundering with a 2 year old and no support network- hence I will never go back there, I need to go somewhere that they'll treat me as an individual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will be back in the morning to catch up personally, but just rushing in right now to let you ladies into heaven!

Sour Jelly Beans mixed into your ice cream!

Oh Em Gee x Infinity