+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This has been a rather tame summer I think. I lived out in Gippsland when we had those major bush fires a few years back, if you know/remember those, and that was a summer to me LOL. Not that I'm complaining about it being tame though, I hate heat and if I could move to tassie for the summers I would - the southern tip of! lol

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    The mercy is very popular! Is it hard to get because of the renos?
    I think it's popular because of the midwifery program they have there- but that fills up very fast. To the best of my knowledge the Mercy has two different things set up for maternity- you either make it into the midwife program which is lead by a senior OB (Dr Jacki Van Dam) and you will see her for I think it's 3 major visits (she will do mini ultrasound scans in her office which I always looked forward to!) and the rest of your visits are with the midwives who work for her. And it's free. Or if that is booked out then you attend the hospital's private suites for your visits and I think you will see the same OB or doctor throughout your pregnancy. And from what I've heard you pay for each visit and you pay for your labour etc... whereas with Dr Jacki everything is bulk billed. It's a strange arrangent for a so called "public" hospital. Luckily I made it into the midwife program.
    But either way the wards and birthing suites are beautiful,the reno's were fantastic and like I said, every woman has a private single room and partners stay too. The rooms are so nice! I wish I was back there now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Bacchus marsh sounds like its similar to the Werribee midwife program. I have a team of midwives who I have seen my whole pregnancy and one of those will deliver me. I then also see one Ob for about 3 or 4 appointments but she only delivers me if something goes 'wrong'. I haven't seen the hospital but I gather its a typical smaller country hospital (which hopefully means it will be quieter) and partners can stay. There is only one room where two ladies have to share if it's busy. Best of all- its all free
    Last edited by bubbert; 10-11-2013 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I'm a 26 yr old solo mum to 2, dd 5 yrs & ds 3 yrs, living in Werribee I have a partner we've been together for almost 18 months but we don't live together yet, probably wont make that move for a couple more years yet for alot of reasons, it works for us right now I'm also new to this area, I moved here about 6 months ago and don't really know anyone here except for dp and an old school friend.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, Im in Derrimut just next to Point Cook, im 11wks pregnant with no 4, i have a 3 yr old with my current DH and two older boys from my previous marriage.

Im currently going through a mini-separation type arrangement/nightmare with DH. This bub was a surprise, and im facing the possibility of going it alone as I just cant take the unsupportive & generally bad attitude from him a moment longer.

Anyway, it might all work itself out, it might not but in any case i am in need of a little bit of space instead of getting upset about his general lack of concern or regard for me or his Son.

Thats enough about that, I too missed out on Werribee Mercy and Heidelberg - where i had DS 3 yrs ago - and instead ive had to go to Sunshine. Ive heard some bad things about it from friends, anyone else had any experiences.. Good or bad??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has ANYONE previously birthed at Scumshine (sunshine)
    Last pregnancy I was at RWH and this time my only option has been scumshine.

Is there any GOOD news stories from there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbert View Post
    Bacchus marsh sounds like its similar to the Werribee midwife program. I have a team of midwives who I have seen my whole pregnancy and one of those will deliver me. I then also see one Ob for about 3 or 4 appointments but she only delivers me if something goes 'wrong'. I haven't seen the hospital but I gather its a typical smaller country hospital (which hopefully means it will be quieter) and partners can stay. There is only one room where two ladies have to share if it's busy. Best of all- its all free

A little about me- been on basic bed rest since finishing up work at 34weeks- pelvis/hip/disc issues- soooo I'm very, very ready for this baby to come. I'm normally a physical person with a very physical job so I'm going a bit bonkers.
    My DP and I moved to Melbourne from qld in April, 2010 then bought a house out here in July 2011. Weren't going to start 'trying' for a bub until June last year but went on a 6week holiday through april/may- and well, we were very relaxed and now bub is due tomorrow We consider ourselves very lucky.
    We don't have any family or close friends down here (except who we have now met through work) - my mum has come down now to patiently wait for bubs arrival and keep me sane.
    Umm I can't think of anything else right now- I look forward to 'meeting' you all.
    Have a good day all.
    Hmm maybe I can look into Baccas?
    At least April-May wasn't a far move from mid years plans to TTC
    How are you enjoying our weather, vastly different then QLD hey. Hope all your family and friends have been spared from the floods and such up north recently.

I too have no family around - in fact I don't talk to or see ANY OF THEM at all and haven't for years and don't think it's likely I will ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    I'm a 26 yr old solo mum to 2, dd 5 yrs & ds 3 yrs, living in Werribee I have a partner we've been together for almost 18 months but we don't live together yet, probably wont make that move for a couple more years yet for alot of reasons, it works for us right now I'm also new to this area, I moved here about 6 months ago and don't really know anyone here except for dp and an old school friend.
    I was in similar sitation to you... been with my feller 2 yrs and have a son from a previous r.ship, who is now 8. Now we've had a surprise pregnancy, we have to start looking at option of living together... scares the crap out of me to be honest, I do not know how it's going to work without me killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling View Post
    Hi ladies, Im in Derrimut just next to Point Cook, im 11wks pregnant with no 4, i have a 3 yr old with my current DH and two older boys from my previous marriage.

Im currently going through a mini-separation type arrangement/nightmare with DH. This bub was a surprise, and im facing the possibility of going it alone as I just cant take the unsupportive & generally bad attitude from him a moment longer.

Anyway, it might all work itself out, it might not but in any case i am in need of a little bit of space instead of getting upset about his general lack of concern or regard for me or his Son.

Thats enough about that, I too missed out on Werribee Mercy and Heidelberg - where i had DS 3 yrs ago - and instead ive had to go to Sunshine. Ive heard some bad things about it from friends, anyone else had any experiences.. Good or bad??
    Hi twinkling.
    Sorry to hear about your trying time right now. Was this behaviour just since this current pregnancy, was it this that has sparked this hurtfulness in him toward you? Men hey!

All I can say is if you do go it alone, you never are alone. I've done it alone for yrs and 90% of my 1st pregnancy also. You will make it through, no matter what happens! Believe in you and respect yourself, and demand the same from everyone else in your life, including him. HUGS

P.S - i lived in Derrimut a little bit ago, but we call it DirtyMutt LOL

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hoppers/Point cook/ Areas

Werribee os very hard to get into as with cost cuts they are having they are closing beds down in all areas including maternity and special care as well. So you need to be really quick to grt in there.
    We had our twins at sunshine due to being over werribees bmi limit. Alot of people say alot of things about sunshine and to tell u the truth I used to be one of them. But from the minute we rang them to book in to the day our twin boys were born they were above average and we wouldnt hesitate to go back there

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jbr For This Useful Post:

Oopadayz  (17-02-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had no idea that there were so many of us on here, this is great

I've bee with DH since I was a teenager (well, I call him DH even though we aren't officially married, but we have been living like any other other married couple so it'd feel so weird to call him my BF or whatever) and had DS when I was 17.
    I grew up in Keilor Downs and DH in Newport/Altona. When we first moved in together we had a little flat in Seaholme and I really love that area near the beach but due to rental costs being sky high we keep finding ourselves drifting further out and have ended up here in Hoppers. Want to eventually move back to Altona area one day but DS in in year 8 now and I'm kind of stuck in this area now because of his school being here and I don't want to move him around.

Fast forward 12 years from giving birth to DS, we finally had bub number 2, my now 7 month old DD

I absolutely LOVE being a mum to a baby again- I never thought it'd happen again but it has and it feels like going back in time to when DS was born and it's so awesome.

I was working in childcare and had just completed my cert 3 in childrens services when I fell pregnant and I'm now a SAHM. I don't even know whether I'll go back to childcare again- I'm kind of over it and might try for an admin type job eventually- I like working in an office and worked in an accounting office years ago and also as a receptionist and I liked it.

Gah- hows this weather? Too hot!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-02-2013 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Plexus, how do you find your 1st born goes with your new born?

I'm worried that my 8yr old son won't really connect with the baby to be, due to that age difference. My older brothers are 8yrs older then me and we never did much as siblings together, didn't grow together, but I did with my younger brothers, 4 yrs younger then me. I worry it'll be that distant with my son and baby, and I'd hate that to be, as my 8yr old only has me, and my new partner, and the baby to be. If I'm gone, I want him to know he has that sibling to fall back on and have that love and support with and that connection you can only get from a sibling.

I over think too much

doesn't help this heat has restrained me to my reclining desk chair and computer lol