+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell Somer View Post
    Congrats!!!! Beautiful name how is everything going? I'm slowly settling in my DS is 4 weeks old, the time has gone so quickly!!! Haven't chatted to my maternal child health nurse about mothers groups in the area-does anyone know how it works? I'm keen to chat with others, being a ftm it would be good to learn & share others experiences! Hope you're all going well
    Thank you! he is going great and I'm slowly recovering after the birth and post birth infection. He is feeding great which is definitely a help.
    My nurse is coming for the home visit today so she might give me some info about mothers groups, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone else hanging till Thursday when this heat should let up?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    Yes! Just watched the weather forecast and groaned- I can't stand this heat, it's just relentless. And DD gets so crabby in this weather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! It's so hard with a newborn too (esp at feeding time). At least we have a cooling system inside. But we had our first visitors yesterday over for a BBQ- I couldnt have my DS outside for long (under cover) cos he went red as a cooked lobster!
    Other than the heat- hope everyone is havin a good weekend. Anything exciting happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbert View Post
    Yes! It's so hard with a newborn too (esp at feeding time). At least we have a cooling system inside. But we had our first visitors yesterday over for a BBQ- I couldnt have my DS outside for long (under cover) cos he went red as a cooked lobster!
    Other than the heat- hope everyone is havin a good weekend. Anything exciting happening?
    It's soooo hot!! We don't have cooling except for fans, thankfully we borrowed a portable air con for our bedroom so DS can sleep in cool climate. Totally forgot it was a long weekend!! Easy to do when your on leave. We had some amazing friends come over take over our house, cook & clean for us. Left a freezer and fridge full of food, it was exactly what we needed as Friday was a tough day! Hope everyone is enjoying the overnight cooler weather..even though its 6:10am and 24 degrees still!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot it was a long weekend too. Thanks for the reminder
    I forgot to mention Shell Somer- I had my health nurse check the other day and she didn't mention mothers groups. I have another appintment on tues so I'll ask (if I remember with my silly baby brains ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pesca- thanks for the tip on Tasman meats. We went there yesterday and can't believe how cheap the meat was for such good quality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    We are so happy we have just moved right now. The house we moved from had no air con or ceiling fans. Being pregnant without air con was killing me, I was getting nothing done, just laying around like a blimp and feeling awful. I am loving the air con in this house. It has a split in the living area and a small split in our bedroom. Not looking forward to our electricity bill but right now it's worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any baby friendly cafes over in your area Jez? Kinda sick of going to the same one! Trying to make myself get out and about a bit more, which hopefully now the weather is cooler won't be as taxing!!! Hope you're all enjoying the cool change ⛄

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell Somer View Post
    Any baby friendly cafes over in your area Jez? Kinda sick of going to the same one! Trying to make myself get out and about a bit more, which hopefully now the weather is cooler won't be as taxing!!! Hope you're all enjoying the cool change ⛄

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    If you don't mind a drive, there are 2 in Altona and an excellent 1 in Newport. It has a play area out back specifically for little kids too.