+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Car seat help please!!

I have been looking at the CREP results and am wanting to get a SnS compaq because it rated much better then the meridian which I was originally going to buy.

Problem is on the CREP website it says that they reviewed the 2004 series and I can only find a 2010 series to buy so does this mean the compaq currently on the market is one that hasn't actually been tested? Or is it the same?

I do not want to buy it and be stung by a very poor review like I did with the Maxi rider.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd be looking for a newer review. 2004 is ages ago and things would have changed since then I'm sure.

If it helps, we looked at the compaq for DH's car and its not nearly as padded as the meridian. Maybe I'm biased as I love our Meridian and it's done 2 kids! I also love the Maxi Rider. The reviews I read on them were very good and said they exceeded all the Australian Safety Standards (which was backed up by the lady at the shop).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I'd be looking for a newer review. 2004 is ages ago and things would have changed since then I'm sure.

If it helps, we looked at the compaq for DH's car and its not nearly as padded as the meridian. Maybe I'm biased as I love our Meridian and it's done 2 kids! I also love the Maxi Rider. The reviews I read on them were very good and said they exceeded all the Australian Safety Standards (which was backed up by the lady at the shop).
    I'm going by the new CREP results that have just come out.
    Maxi rider didn't do too well and the meridian did very poorly, especially for a $500 carseat.

The compaq still has very high scores but it say its for the 2004 Series which they have only recently upgraded from but for some reason no CREP results.

I loves my old meridian for DD especially since it blitzed all safety reviews but unfortunately the new model has tested poor. The compaq have outdone it in every scoring criteria.

Safety is very important to me and I don't want to make the wrong choice and they only thing that has helped make my decisions has been the CREP ratings. Now I'm so confused!!!

Argh why is it soo hard!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had the same dilemma (lots of sleepless nights) but i ended up just going with the new Compaq even though it has not been CREP tested. The seat is different to the 2004 model as it has to meet 2010 standards (I know it has larger side impact wings).

I had it fitted and installed by my state motoring group. They told me they expected it to still get a CREP result around the same or higher than the 2004 model.

I really wanted the SnS platinum but it just wouldn't fit in my car. Plus the current CREP results for that seat make me question why it has such a high retail price?

I want to rear face for as long as possible which is why I like the SnS seats. I should be able to get 12 or more months of rear facing out of that seat, which I have read is much safer for babies. They rear face for a lot longer in US and Europe.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 12-02-2013 at 17:09.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks!

I'm actually seriously looking into the luxi crown by infa secure. It rated very highly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was going to go for the luxi crown but after reading it only rear faces until 6 months, it definitely turned me off. I'm still leaning towards the meridian ahr myself.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    I was going to go for the luxi crown but after reading it only rear faces until 6 months, it definitely turned me off. I'm still leaning towards the meridian ahr myself.
    Oh really? Well that would be a massive turn off for me. DD RF till 18 months and I want to do the same for this coming bub.

I just don't want to spend $500 on a carseat that only got 3 stars when there are cheaper models that got 4.

I just want to be told this is the safest seat so I can go "okay yep, I'll get that"

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I subbing because I've been looking at the Compaq too!
    I'm also thinking of the Infa Secure Kompressor XT but it's pretty new so don't know much about it
    WHY ARE CARSEATS SO CONFUSING?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing as well! Carseats are wayyy to confusing :s thought my sister had a SnS which I really liked, turns out it's an infasecure. Clearly wasn't looking at it properly...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (12-02-2013)