+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Righto - why are my 15 month olds not eating and throwing food on the floor?

Afternoon Hubbers

I've tried to ignore it and i've also gotten cross with the two of them. Makes no difference, they will not eat whatever is put in front of them! They throw just about everything on the floor, grapes, apple, cruskits, toast.

The other thing that is driving me mad is when we are having dinner and they decide to ward off the spoon full of dinner with their hand and it lands on me/the floor/the dog/themselves x 2 = one frustrated mum!

They are teething yes I'm aware of this, it seems just as soon as they turned 14 months (now 15.5 months) they had this real attitude of we will do what we want, when we want.

Ideas, suggestions ... anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Righto - why are my 15 month olds not eating and throwing food on the floor?

My 14 month old does the same with a spoon. I give him a spoon and put the bowl of food on the highchair in front of him. He dips his spoon in and sometimes gets some in his mouth. I spoon feed him at the same time.
    Finger food is trial and error ATM. Sometimes he eats, sometimes he chucks. Now if he chucks, I throw it away and take it from him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because that's what 15 month olds do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Have you tried more finger foods so they can feed themselves? This age they do throw food but they get over it and eventually eat when they are hungry! Also hard food is good for their teeth - cruskits, rice cakes , apples etc as by biting down it breaks the gum so the teeth can pop through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find I have to put a little bit out at a time. Too much and it gets 'sorted through' and turfed.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD 16 months is like this but will eat everything if I give her a fork to use. It is easier than a spoon and she loves to eat her fruit and meat this way. Is also a good distraction if I am trying to get yogurt or pasta into her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Food always got taken away if it got chucked around here. Didn't continue to get chucked much. Sounds like your 2 are having a great game together and with a pair it must be twice as fun to play that game.