+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2nd year student midwife looking for women to support in Melbourne!

Looking for women to support in eastern, north-eastern and inner city suburbs of Melbourne.

Hello!

My name is Amanda and I’m a student midwife at ACU. We have a Continuity of Care program that engages pregnant women from the community. At its core the program aims to facilitate relationships between student midwives and women, that follow through from the antenatal to postnatal period. This is because the latest research indicates that these relationships are beneficial for both the woman and baby.

As a student midwife I can support you through your pregnancy by being there for you at appointments, discussing issues with you, listening to any concerns and helping you create questions for your care provider. I can provide research on any issues as I have access to all the latest research through university databases. I can also provide support at your birth in any capacity you need ie I can provide direct support to you or I can provide support to you partner/birth support person while they are supporting you. I cannot provide advice.

This service is completely FREE. The benefit to me is that I get to be a part of your pregnancy journey and learn all I can from the experience. I am supported through my university by my lecturers who are all midwives as well as by a midwife mentor. You are also free to discontinue the program at any time.

A bit about me: I completed a degree with honours in French translation before I felt the call to midwifery. I love learning about different cultures and have lived in both France and Vietnam. I hope to use my midwifery skills to work overseas- especially in developing countries where they are so badly needed. I grew up in NZ where my mother had two homebirths, so my ideas around birth culture are quite different to the prevailing attitudes in Australia. I believe that women should have the right to choices about what is best for their bodies and their babies and should be supported in these choices eg financially with homebirth. I like to keep fit and active and to challenge myself in life.

If you would to meet up and discuss the program some more I would be more than happy to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping up my post- looking for 5 lovely ladies to follow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amanda,
    I was wondering if you still need anyone to follow? I have just found out that I am pregnant, due in August, and I would be open to having a student widwife.
    Thanks,
    Erin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin!

I have sent you a private message,

from Amanda

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Now in 3rd year and still looking for women to follow through their pregnancy!

Bumping up my post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Amanda. I'll send you a MP