+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Induced at 37 weeks

I have a friend who is pregnant, 2 months ahead of me.

Granted she has had a terrible pregnancy with morning sickness and GD but the public hospital are not planning a 39 week inducement due to her GD like what she has researched and instead said she will progress as normal and be induced at 40+10 if she doesn't go on her own.

My friend has no confidence in her ability to birth, resents the pregnancy and baby in the first place and no longer wants to be pregnant.

She has convinced the hospital to admit her for steroids at 37 weeks and induce 3 days later.

Is there any other problems other then lungs that can still be an issue from being induced early?

Does anyone have any positive stories of being induced that early that I can share?

I'm worried for my friend.
    Last edited by Astraamy; 03-05-2013 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 36wks and my baby didnt have steroids or anything and he was fine when born but the next day had to go to special care as he developed a chest infection so spent a week in there then i got to take him home and all was well. Alot of people have babies around 37wks so im sure all will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I fear that if her baby isn't ready to be born, the induction will not work and she will most likely have a csection.
    At 37 weeks a normal growing baby will be fine, as long as there are no underlying medical conditions.
    Sorry I cannot answer your other question, except to say that I would recommend she waited to see if her body can birth naturally, I feel that she may have more resentment if she has no have an unplanned csection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

She gets the steroids at 37wks as the mum has GDM the babies lungs develop a little slower basically. 37-42wks is full term so the baby is infact safe to be born. But in saying that - any induction is an interference in mums body therefor babies environment so that increases the risks of csection and others. Mental health reasons are used at times though it the doctors feel that the mums mental health is at risk if the pregnancy keeps on going. Try to just support her and be there for her

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineMunky For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (12-02-2013)