+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wind and novalac formula

Hi guys
    me again looking for advice and opinions. My 2 week old baby has been up since midnight unsettled due to wind.
    She is on karicare gold and prescription wind drops from the paed but to no avail. I've been reading about the novalac colic formulas and am wanting your opinions. I've read it can cause constipation.
    Any advice or info would be great I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Wind and novalac formula

All gold formulas can cause constipation too. They are iron fortified.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

you can get a novalac colic one and its not a gold one....

Thanks
    Reviews

Massive sympathy and good vibes to you Mum...that is a long stint for you to be awake with an unsettled baby.

I found that the infant tummy massage really helped my little one...there are 'how to' videos on YouTube which I found helpful.

I also put my baby on an infant probiotic and I found this really helpful. I got a particular brand...Hmm...pm if you want to know the brand...

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds2 was on novalac colic and we didn't have too many problems, I just hated that I couldn't get it at the supermarket.
    I changed shortly after to karicare. Just the original not the gold one. I steer clear from the gold one as DS1 was sooooo constipated when he was weenie so he ended up on novalac constipation and then on to Heinz nurture original - also not gold. He had severe colic as a baby but nothing helped really. We tried everything basically I paced my floors from 11pm to 4-5am every night with a screaming baby. He eventually settled down about 5months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's all just trial and error.. what works for many doesn't work for some. My ds can't have ANY of the Karicare brand. Nor any of the Novalac. He does ok on Bellamy's Organic.

Thanks
    Reviews

minchi does the karicare react with him? we just got karicare normal- not gold and will see how that goes. maybe the golds are just not for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    minchi does the karicare react with him? we just got karicare normal- not gold and will see how that goes. maybe the golds are just not for her.

yes, he just can't stop vomiting from it. like the excorcist.. it's hard to know what works and what doesn't, especially when they are so young..

have you tried putting her on her tummy after a feed, across your knee and burping/patting her back that way? and then as normal you burp her up on your shoulder? sometimes i have found that ds just does little burps and keeps on crying and crying so i put him on my knee/legs like that and alternate between doing it that way and on the shoulder and suddenly a massive burp comes up. i also give him infacol in every single bottle.

sometimes i would find a formula that would ''seem'' to work but then he is either constipated or has the extreme opposite. just can't win!!

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried it & my then 3 week old DD was inconsolable due to constipation, we had to help her pass very firm, small pebble sized poo's!! It was terrible! But it can be different for everybody, that was our experience though, poor bubba! Hope you find something that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The paed suggested soy formula. So I guess we try that. I've been up since midnight with a very unsettled baby and I'm at my wits end knowing what to do.