+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bottles at room temperature

For both kids (if I have more ill do it the same too) wash in hot soapy water, rinse and sterilise.
    Boil water in the stove top kettle and leave.
    When needed take bottle from steriliser, fill to required amount, heat in microwave and add formula.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ill answer by telling you what I do - wash bottles in warm soapy water, sterilise, put correct mls of boiled water into the bottles (straight from stove to bottle no cooling), refrigerate bottles. I then heat the bottle to temperature in the microwave at feed time and then add the formula.

If out and about I heat the water only bottles and put them in an insulated bottle bag at feed time I add the formula.

I'll add a disclaimer to the microwaving - the issue around microwaving is it can
    A) cause hot spots - not an issue if you add the formula after as you need to shake it thoroughly to combine the formula and water eliminating hot spots
    B) microwaving ruins the makeup of the formula - again not an issue if you add the formula after.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I never bothered with sterilising bottles but that's personal choice. I also just poured boiled water into bottles and allowed it to cool on the counter (didn't bother with the fridge). Then add formula as needed. I would only heat on cold days as my bubs wasn't picky on temp. Now that it's so hot I put the bottles in the fridge and give them to him cold.
    I did the same, no issues.

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I never bothered with sterilising bottles but that's personal choice. I also just poured boiled water into bottles and allowed it to cool on the counter (didn't bother with the fridge). Then add formula as needed. I would only heat on cold days as my bubs wasn't picky on temp. Now that it's so hot I put the bottles in the fridge and give them to him cold.
    This is what I do, apart from the last sentence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

That was how I did it when I started bottle feeding. This was in 2005.

After a few months I just did room temp. Much easier. I just had room temp previously boiled water in bottles... And would add formula right before a feed.

Made feeding when out easy.