+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I DIDNT HAVE THIS WITH FIRST PREGNANCY.....umm

warning...may have TMI

So im 29 weeks preg and ive been having strong braxton hicks for the past week now..all irregular so im not to worried but for the past 3 days i have been getting stong stabbing pains in my vagina..theyre strong enough to stop me in my tracks, i didnt have these with my first pregnancy soo im a lil confused as to whats going on and since yesterday ive been having period like cramps and back pain....i really am hoping nothing comes of this as im only 29 wks hopfully im just worrying to much as usual....

TIA for any reply's..they will be greatly appreciated..x

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am 27 weeks and havent had braxton hicks BUT I have had the crampy period pain and back pain and stabby vagina pain (we call it Vagina Lightening in our DIG ) Someone told me it is probably the baby engaging and is actually a good sign that things are progressing how they are supposed to. I also dont recall having either with my first pregnancy but it was a while ago. I will say though that my cramps and back pain lasted for 2 days but seems to have passed now.
    If you are concerned call your OB or midwife and ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I remember this from my first pregnancy...I used to call it 'The Sting'.
    Ouch! But totally normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep, it's normal. I hadn't had it with the first two pregnancies and with this one had it constantly.. lol. it's hideously painful. i was told it's the baby's head touching the nerves of the cervix.

but yes, definately normal. i don't miss having a stabby vag. just try to walk slowly.. i found it helped sometimes.