Closed Thread
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrrr that sent twice and I lost my reply re cord clamping!!!!!

I am all for delayed cord clamping but won't be doing it myself as I am cord blood banking, otherwise I definitely would.

Basically delaying clamping allows all stem cells and intended blood to reach baby.

The only negative impact I have seen is the increased risk of jaundice requiring SCN admission for phototherapy an separating mums and babies.

Hospitals don't routinely practice this due to the "active management of third stage" policies and procedures. These are in place to reduce the incidence of Post partum haemmorhage.

The reviews will provide plenty of insightful information as jump on an have a look. Basically, don't be frightened to question local policies and procedures, usually hospitals are happy to help work with birth plans, especially something like delayed cord clamping. These policies and procedures aren't always set in stone

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won't be banking as our hospital doesn't participate in altruistic banking...and I don't think we have the $$$ for our own..silly as it sounds now that I am typing it...I think it is around $3000...is that correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is anyone getting constant nose bleeds? I've had one every morning this week? Has anyone looked into doing cord banking ?? I'm so undecided !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Guys,
    Yes My nose is bleeding daily! Really bad this morning, coming out like a tap! So gross.

I also have a anterior placenta. I feel butterflies at night but no kicks yet. I'm almost 18 weeks. Dying to feel a big kick! 2 weeks till our scan! I wish I made it for this week now. Time seems to be going so very slow! Lucky we are going up the Sunshine coast for the week-end to keep my mind off it. I can't wait! I just want to sit in the sun & get some vitamin d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayez2000 View Post
    We won't be banking as our hospital doesn't participate in altruistic banking...and I don't think we have the $$$ for our own..silly as it sounds now that I am typing it...I think it is around $3000...is that correct?
    Yeah it is about $3k.

Clucky we have looked into it and are still undecided who to go with. It is basically an investment into the future as I don't think stem cells have been used other than research but I could be wrong. There is a bub hub section on cord banking.

It is so expensive and we were umming and aaahhrring but my SIL seems to have set the precedent and our family expects us to do the same. Both sides as my sister has MS. It is such a massive outlay that we can't really afford, but in the future we will be kicki ourselves if our family need the stem cells and it isn't there... It's a tough one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's definitely a extra cost which will affect us financially at moment due to already have spent a lot on ivf this year and as going private hospital costs even more especially the ob fees. I just would kick myself if it could have helped saved a siblings life in the future . Argh don't know what to do! Costs a bit but then if its worth it its worth every cent. We are still both working full time at moment so could do it. Just have to look into it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post
    Yeah it is about $3k.

Clucky we have looked into it and are still undecided who to go with. It is basically an investment into the future as I don't think stem cells have been used other than research but I could be wrong. There is a bub hub section on cord banking.

It is so expensive and we were umming and aaahhrring but my SIL seems to have set the precedent and our family expects us to do the same. Both sides as my sister has MS. It is such a massive outlay that we can't really afford, but in the future we will be kicki ourselves if our family need the stem cells and it isn't there... It's a tough one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky we are in the exact same boat. Have been undecided but what if it could be used!!!! It isn't fair that we all had to go through IVF it just sucks it never worked the old fashioned way. We have house saving renovations booked in to start the next two months, the footings are collapsing after the floods. No idea how we will pay for that too! Such bad timing lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Know how you feel all our money for our build went on ivf so now wwe are selling and will try buy something to move right into . Very happy to have bub on the way I wouldn't change a thing and very great full for ivf it just sux financially but it's still worth it that's the thing I think of too I mean technology , science is always improving and to think in years it may be of use to me it's worth it . I'm more leaning for it but will have to look into it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post
    Clucky we are in the exact same boat. Have been undecided but what if it could be used!!!! It isn't fair that we all had to go through IVF it just sucks it never worked the old fashioned way. We have house saving renovations booked in to start the next two months, the footings are collapsing after the floods. No idea how we will pay for that too! Such bad timing lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it's not just me nose bleeds are anoying me! I'm the same I havnt felt kicks yet only the butterflies and tickle feeling. It will happen soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Yes My nose is bleeding daily! Really bad this morning, coming out like a tap! So gross.

I also have a anterior placenta. I feel butterflies at night but no kicks yet. I'm almost 18 weeks. Dying to feel a big kick! 2 weeks till our scan! I wish I made it for this week now. Time seems to be going so very slow! Lucky we are going up the Sunshine coast for the week-end to keep my mind off it. I can't wait! I just want to sit in the sun & get some vitamin d.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finally felt some little movements hooray!! Like a muscle twinge/popping/poking sensation. Makes me smile each time!!!