Closed Thread
Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's so good to hear all your different points of view with birthing plans. I never knew that anesthetic affects bubs yet an epidural doesn't. Labor with my four kids was quick and the most intervention I had was with the first, a pethidine shot, but she was born a few mins after that and I was so disorientated I couldn't hold her. She was the longest labor of 3hrs 55mins. My next 3 were gas only but the labors were again short at 2hrs 30 mins, 1 hr 20 mins and the last being 20 mins. The shorter they were the more they hurt! All of them I was induced at 38weeks with placenta problems. I was dilated every time 3 or 4 cms prior to being admitted for inductions and the induction was the rupturing of my water then left to do my thing. My last baby I was given some sort of IV drug because of a PPH with the previous birth. I was so young and had no idea to ask what they were giving me.

It sounds as if things with interventions have changed now as a Dr told me they don't induce for the problems I had 18 years ago any more. I hope to go into labor naturally. I hope to use warm baths/showers and gas to help me get through it. I hope for nice music and gentle warm up contractions to get to the hard labor instead of it being so quick and painful. My plan is to be guided by my health and dr's and to take in as much knowledge as you ladies share with me. I love this forum and the diversity of the women on here because it helps me to make my choices.

I have started feeling my baby girl moving. I can feel it when she is being scanned and seeing her move at the same time. It helped me recognize that feeling again. I love that reassurance and am looking forward to the bigger and harder kicks which will be happening soon enough.

I am glad I am normal with my dry skin at the moment. I have patches on my belly of dry red skin which I am using an equivalent of BIO OIL but it has natural ingredients in it. I hope that fixes it up.

Is anyone else getting bad headaches?

All the best ladies and have a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like a good plan Torie. What brand is the oil you are using? I used Bio Oil for a little while when pg with DD but I found after a while it irritated my skin. The IVF clinic I went through gave me a bag with samples, cant remember the name of the brand but the little tub of belly balm I opened last night smells SOOO good.

Im was very open-minded with my labour with DD (went in to labour naturally, then DD got stuck and ended in a c-section) but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a VBAC this time. Ultimately I want a healthy baby so whatever happens, happens. I at least want to attempt and see what happens.

We arent finding out the sex either. DH was adamant he didnt want to find out when we had DD (I did!) so we agreed that we would with #2. Now I dont think I want to If we have #3 we will

Ive started feeling little wriggles this week. LOVE it. Got my doppler and managed to pick up bubbys heartbeat too (took a bit but got it finally!). I LOVE this stage. TBH I dont even feel pregnant at the moment - though my gut sort of gives it away haha!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 18-05-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using Busby natural oils brand and its called Pure tissue oil. Its very gentle and is suitable for sensitive skin. Bio oil contains something that put me off it when I spoke to the chemist but I can not remember what it was lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Torie For This Useful Post:

Roch  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Clucky and Greenmoom.
    It is my first so I know it may take longer to feel bub BUT like Clucky said just want that reassurance that all is ok. Just hard to believe it is really happening. Hopefully it'll feel more real after the next scan and when bub starts using me as a punching bag! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it happens for you soon to Roch

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Torie For This Useful Post:

Roch  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning everyone hope everyone has a great week! Just off to have my 19 week scan and hopefully find out the sex today hope bub uncrossed it's legs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck clucky, have a wonderful scan baby behaves for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Clucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub kept moving non stop ! But luckily enough a good enough view and yay it's a girl !!! Didnt get too great pics as bub kept putting its hands over its face cheeky bugger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Congrats Clucky!