Closed Thread
Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think I'd like to go as natural as I can. I Think I will probably use gas & Maybe Sterile water injections. I'm think a bath may help too. Any-way It's hard to plan when your a newbe lol.

Ivfforababy sorry to hear you still feel sick. I felt sick from week 7 up until week 14. So I hope it passes for you very soon. It's not fun at all. I was spewing almost every day. So yuk! The midwife weighted me yesterday & I'm still under my weight prior to getting pregnant. As I'm already over weight she wasn't worried. She told me she is more worried when women come in at 16weeks with an extra 15kg already. I thought 15kg that's crazy! And she told me I only need to put on 7-11kg the whole pregnancy. So being sick as horrible as it was, has not hurt me to much at all.
    Anyway Hope you get better soon Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivfforbaby...the baby does not get drugged by an epidural, so don't stress about that. Upside to epidural is no pain...downside s you are literally stuck on your back in bed as u can't move around, and u usually have monitoring strapped to your belly...
    good news is that u are sick...nice strong pregnancies are often really sickly ones!!! Sux though! I am only just coming through t now at 17w!!!
    and yes, I have some dry skin on my breasts ... Weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yip nayez is right about the epidural. Pethidine does cross the placenta though. Not sure how that's administered - a drip maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've already decided I'm definitely having a epidural u less it's too late, I'm a chicken and hate being in pain everyone's different and I support everyone's individual wishes o a good note I felt bub move today, lots of tickles in the tummy! 18 weeks time is flying! Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMoon View Post
    Yip nayez is right about the epidural. Pethidine does cross the placenta though. Not sure how that's administered - a drip maybe?
    Pethidine is given as an intramuscular injection as is morphine. Different policies have different preferences as to which they use. Morphine has a shorter half life which means that it is out of the system quicker which is a much safer option for baby. Most hospitals do use morphine but many hospitals including the maternity ward I work in still use pethidine.

There was a study done on baby's affected by epidural a or several days post birth (especially if born soon after the bolus dose) being a little more sleepy than usual and difficulties BF (mainly being too sleepy). TBH I haven't really soon many babies affected by this, but it was researched and proven. I can't provide the evidence as I just remember studying it at uni about 8 years ago.

Another thing to remember is that heat and pain travel on the same nerve pathway. A certain amount of pain can be blocked out by heat. A heat pack for the front (severe period like pain) and one for the lower back can be a god send, as can warm showers. If you are lucky enough to be birthing somewhere with a bath, I encourage everyone to try it. Many women are surprised how well they cope once fully immersed (whole tummy an back) in warm water.

Some women swear by TENS machines and most health funds partly cover the cost under extras. These aren't usually supplied by hospitals.

Everyone is different in what their expectations of labour, hopefully everyone will find something that works for them whether it be an epidural as soon as labour commenced, or a lovely natural water birth.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bindy111 For This Useful Post:

GreenMoon  (16-05-2013),Qloulou  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

MS has come back for the last few days complete with me vomiting on myself as I left for work managed to still get to my first PT session tonight which really helped!

Not much else to report. 14+3 today. Time is dragging. Just ready to feel some movements!

Qloulou - I am not going in with much of a plan. Happy to go drug free or epidural if I need it. I am going to do some active birth yoga and hypnobirthing sessions before to have a few tools ready. Hoping to keep a calmer quiet environment... I am not great when I am scared etc and people talk too much at me lol!

Ivfforbaby - I was getting dry skin! A friend recommended pawpaw which has worked. Now my lips are sooo sore and dry!

Clucky - hooray for movement. I cant wait for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping for a similar birth to DD, i went into that one wanting natural but still open minded and got the fantastic natural birth i was hoping for (with some help from the gas) figure if i did it then i can do it again. I would be interested in the tens this time though, anyone have any experiences good or bad?
    Hopefully everyone is getting through the ms and starting to feel half human again :-\ we r 10w and still on zofran seems to be dragging on so slowly. Looking forward to finding out the sex in a month or so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going into the birth open minded, even tho its our first bubsI'm not scared of the birth at all, I don't want to have a set plan I'm just gonna go with the flow and whatever is needed at the time is fine! Tho I don't really want an epidural as they freak me tho so I hoping the gas will do the job!! tho if its needed i will have it! does the gas affect bubs?

how early did people find out the sex? Im 10 weeks and we hope we don't have to wait till 20 weeks! that's so far away! hope everyone is doing well and had a lovely Mother's Day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think the epidural drugged the baby I ment a local anaesthetic for c section that's the only time I would have an epidural because I know that the anaesthetic will drug the baby

I would love a water birth but don't think my hospital has a bath

Is anyone not finding out the sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not ivf

Looking forward to a nice surprise!