Closed Thread
Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Family, I'm sure you will be able to cope, it sucks he is going away but you sound like a strong independent woman who will be just fine. Like dancing said you could use the time for a catch up with the girls and some good 1 on 1 with DS. Another Boy, I bet that's exciting for you all

Qloulou, that's a crazy waiting time for results! I hope you find out something soon. I also found a weight gain chart on google where you add your weight and height and it tells you week by week what your gain should be. I'm also a bit overweight and worry about diabetes but if we eat right I'm sure we will be ok. What types of foods are you craving for? How thirsty are you? These two things are a good indicator for diabetes. Apparently the endless thirst is the worst and you have really bad sugar cravings. Sounds like your on top of it all with your GP though.

Nayez, not long till you are mobile again and up off the couch. I bet your counting down the days

Dancing, Well done on your results, the 12 week scan is so cute. You made me laugh about the gummy bears comment. I have never heard of a contracted uterus either. I have a retroverted but never heard of contracted before. I hope it fixes it's self up for you and bubs

Happy Friday everyone, time for me to see my 14 year old off to her camp for National Jazz competitions. I'm so scared leaving her, I could not get accommodation within 100 Kms of Mt Gambier for us and my DS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Torie For This Useful Post:

familyinthemaking  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been on for awhile so hi everyone my mum had to have surgery so have been with her but everything seems to be going ok with bub 10 weeks tomorrow not long now till we get into the safe zone and I will feel a lot better nt scan coming up within the next two weeks then another scan with our ob

Sounds like there's been a lot of exciting things happening on here so happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Qloulou - Yep, I guess that would worry you then..I never thought of that - sorry!
    Its hard to eat the right things, when you just have to eat the things your body wants - RIGHT NOW!!!!
    After eating nothing with any flavour for weeks - I had a massive craving for garlic bread last night - and ate the WHOLE ROLL! that was dinner....needless to say I paid for it over night with nausea - gag!
    I cannot believe Qloulou that the lab has not rung you with the results - poor form, and your doc should just ring you and tell you - very frustrating. I gues the only thing to relieve your mind should be that if the results were worrying, someone would call - but needless to say - GRRRRRR!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nayez
    How many weeks are you now? I have been eating plan foods up till now too! I spewed up until week 14! So I can finally enjoy Favour again!

Torte
    Thanks for the tips. I have only just started craving stuff. Mostly dairy food but I'm starting to crave pasta. I am eating really healthy so I should be ok. I did weight watchers before I started ivf & lost 10kg. I still had more weight to loose when I got pregnant but oh well. I now eat the same foods just with-out the calorie counting.

My dr is going to ring me with my Nt results today. Hooray!
    I have had so many problems with reception from medical places. Lucky I'm pretty on to it. I rang my hospital a while back because I hadn't heard anything from them. They had sent my forms to the wrong address! They had the wrong address written down. I rang my gp reception this morning to get them to fax all my results, pam smear, nt scans & blood test to the hospital for me.

My first antennal appointment is on 14th. I hope I don't regret the decision to go public & do share care. We decided to go public because the ob management fee's are thousands & you don't get a refund on medicare or your private health. I think we would have gone private if we hadn't already spent thousands on fertility. Im lucky though our public hospital you get a room to your self. Oh well, I'm sure everything will be ok. Sorry rant over.
    Last edited by Qloulou; 03-05-2013 at 12:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Qloulou...hope everything is fine with your results
    i am 15w today...due 25th October..of
    h, I just saw..it's the same as yours!

i think at least some of the nausea is the damn constipation ...grrrr!
    I am still on progesterone due to the bleeds, and it causes constipation...along with iron tabs...it's a no win.
    i hear that private care in the city is very $$$$$$$...we are in bendigo and its much less. $4000...of which we get about 2500 back...massive diff! Because of reaching the threshold after IVF our OBS appointments now only cost us a whopping $7....yep, I just got the Medicare statement today...cheaper than a GP!!!
    anyway...happy Friday to all (Friday is my day for counting weeks so I love them)....
    i am having VERY strong pink feelings...which would be fab for us as we have a little pink birdy already ....
    have a fab weekend all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How good are the benefits finally now we have reached the threshold! We pay $10 for priv OB and $10 for a 2d an 4d u/s each visit. Last time she didn't even charge the u/s! It's about time us girls catch a break I think!

How did your NT results come back? Did the DR call yesterday?

We are 17w and have an appt mon, I'm still undecided of we find out the sex, I think we will see how we fell about it on the day at the 10w scan we thought there was a little bump between the legs which made us think boy. We have been thinking boy from conception too. What do others think? Does it lookImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367620137.758859.jpg like a little willy or could it be a little bean? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry ladies. Haven't caught up on any recent posts but just dropped in to give a bit of an update (warning, me post)

So I started feeling sick on Monday, saw OB Tuesday who said Bubs fine and thought I had full blown flu. That night I was really not well so went to delivery suites and they treated me with pain meds and OB started bloods and swabs etc. On Wednesday arvo my waters suddenly broken. Ultrasound showed babies heart was still beating but all water was gone. Later blood culture came back that I had a staf infection in my blood and I was very very sick. Prognosis for baby was not good at all.

Thursday morning we had an ultrasound and baby had died. Thursday PM baby was surgically delivered (my choice not to naturally deliver and supported by OB). Have been in intensive care since. Feeling more well but have really had to deal with it fully while everyone is still working to help me but sure that will be difficult when the time comes.

Being so sick is almost a blessing as it has made me focus on getting well for DH and DS sake, and not dwell too much on losing the baby.

OB and the bevy of other Drs think it is a random thing and shouldn't impact any other pregnancies or impact our chances negatively. We also can start IVF again pretty soon after I am well.

Good luck with your pregnancies and enjoy your gorgeous spring/summer babies. I will most definitely be thinking of you all (and perhaps even secretly stalking you!) come October.

Belover xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover, I am just so sorry for your loss. That's just devastating. I hope you get better as soon as possible. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bedlover I am so sorry to hear of your loss. How traumatic for you all my heart and thoughts go out to you. Be kind to yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bed lover...so so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts, and wish you a speedy recovery.
    Did they find he source of the sepsis? What a random thing to happen to you...you must have been really sick.
    Take care of yourself and your family...
    xxxooo