Closed Thread
Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due October 2013

Ok need advice/ opinions

My sister in law rings today as mil rang an asked if she knew that I was pregnant with twins

Dh (not so dear ATM) told his aunty yesterday who told his other aunty who then told his mum

I am so upset as we don't even know if it is twins just don't know how to get over it or forgive him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due October 2013

Oh wishful, why did he do that?!? Silly silly man. I think they just get carried away. The men are always thinking glass half full and us ladies are the worry warts thinking about what can go wrong and being cautious.

Don't let this get in the way if this happy time as you will regret it later. Tell DH that he was an idiot and to keep his mouth shut and then move on.

Tell the in laws that he was over excited and that you have no idea if there is one or four babies in there until after your scan (be light hearted and just brush it off!).

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishful... I'll slap him on the back of the head first then be speaking to the first aunt who has no right spreading the news anyway seeing as its not her friggin news to tell!!! I haven't told my family for this reason.. They r all nothing but massive gossips and I might as well put it on fb if I was to tell one of them.. The difference with us women telling people we know to put a please don't tell anyone at the end of it.. Males don't go that far so of course people spread it on. And as for saying its twins, ur DH must have said u have 2 in there so that's another deserved slapping lol... No one really knows how many r inside til the scan.. Oh males they think they know all
    And can't believe they won't scan u til 9 weeks.. Is this thru ur doctor or the clinic??? If its the clinic, I'd be going to see a dr and not telling them u did IVF and make them give u a referral lol.. Mine is at 7.1 weeks.

Tamalyssa... Hope the spotting has stopped and everything is still going strong.. Like those numbers.. Take care x
    Had my last bt yesterday... Yay!! So glad.. They didn't tell me my beta thankfully. So over having that extra worry. Just said everything looks awesome so I've been handed over to my OB now .. Only 3 sleeps til our scan... Yay.. Can't wait!!
    Well the nausea has definitely kicked in. Mainly between 10pm and midnight (yay for me ) and 8-10am.. Had a couple of mini vomits but still nothing like power chucking.. Thankfully..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wishful05, my hubby was bursting at the seams to tell our good news too and told several people that are face book acquaintances before I stopped him. I wanted to tell family first.

You must feel so angry with it being family especially and I hope the Aunt doesn't feel like they have been left out because they heard it else where.

I was also angry like you are at your hubby but at the end of the day it's his news as much as it is mine. We talked about it and negotiated that as soon as our family know, and he gave me a 4 day grace, he can tell who he wants.

Sorry if this reply makes me unpopular but it was how I handled it and have gone back to being happily enjoying our pregnancy together. Yes I'm worried it's not real or something may go wrong and I have not heard the heart rate yet but at least we will have a good support network in place if god forbid anything bad happens.

As for the twin part, I like bedlovers suggestion, 'there could be one or four in there'. I don't know what I could say about that.

With the Aunt telling others that is a bit unfair to you both as kdsd said, 'It's your news to tell' but you and hubby maybe could talk to her about telling anyone else maybe?

Kdsd - Morning sickness sucks! Have you tried the blakemores vitamin blend called morning sickness? It has B6 and ginger in it. Flinders Reproductive Medicine put me onto it and I swear by it now. I also make ginger tea. I hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to all for the well wishes. I have had no more spotting which is great! I am 5weeks today and felt a little ms this morning but otherwise good today. Had a few cramps after work yesterday- I have a physical job and stand for most of the day on Fridays. While I didn't lift anything(also part of the job) I still stood for about 9 of the 10 hour shift. Thankfully Monday and Tuesday I can sit most of the shift.
    So exciting hearing about scans! Our FS looks after me until I am 12w then hands me over to obs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Tamalyssa

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamalyssa View Post
    Thank you to all for the well wishes. I have had no more spotting which is great! I am 5weeks today and felt a little ms this morning but otherwise good today. Had a few cramps after work yesterday- I have a physical job and stand for most of the day on Fridays. While I didn't lift anything(also part of the job) I still stood for about 9 of the 10 hour shift. Thankfully Monday and Tuesday I can sit most of the shift.
    So exciting hearing about scans! Our FS looks after me until I am 12w then hands me over to obs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nausea and exhaustion today has been horrible slept 12 hrs over night the this afternoon. 4 hrs the nausea sux

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF babies due October 2013

Some days I feel like that clucky and others I don't feel too bad. constantly have this strange hunger then when I do eat something I feel bloated and uncomfortable. Have my scan this afternoon, so nervous. Congratulations to everyone who have seen the beautiful heart beat.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF babies due October 2013

Tamalyssa I forgot to mention how pleased I was to read that you are doing well again. How is everyone else feeling?

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyforsome For This Useful Post:

Tamalyssa  (25-02-2013)