Closed Thread
Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Monitors - mine is only a sound one too Torie. TBH (and I dont want to offend anyone, its just an opinion so please dont shoot me!!!) I dont understand the use of the sensor mat ones unless people have a premmie or a child with a heart / breathing issue. My friend is an ambo and she said the reality is, that a sensor mat will never prevent SIDS. They are a false security blanket and in many cases cause more stress if the baby rolls off of the sensor so sets off the alarm etc etc. I can completely understand the video ones though!! Im contemplating upgrading ours, I hated hearing dd stir and having to open the door and peek, just HOPING she didnt notice me... video would prevent that!!!!

Wow Torie, I just saw your sig and you have teens, exciting times at your place!!! Have you told them?

Congrats CookieB!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Addiegirl  (10-04-2013),Torie  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    first ob appt today!! Little bub right on track, was even thrashing around and waving!!! so happy 2 more weeks until we can tell the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy to hear all going well NANCY I'm going to get the oricom package but not going to buy it till a few more months so warranty lasts . Got home from work today and my hubby had bought a Disney Nemo baby bath it's so cute it's the nicest one I have seen! Great price too half price from toys. R us I'm so excited and can tell he is too! I'm glad to report my nausea is now a lot better! I'm in week 13 and havnt had nausea for the last 5 days yay! Did get a bad headache today and also been feeling really tired but I am happy the nausea has seem to have gone!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

KnittingNancy  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a big fan of the sensor pads. SIDS happens, no one thinks it will happen to them but it does. If the baby stops breathing the alarm goes off and you can help. I'd rather a false alarm than wish I had bought it.

I started out with the anglecare monitor with the sensor pads. It went off once, maybe she was just pausing a really long time before breaths, but maybe it wasn't a false alarm and when I snatched her up I reminded her to breath again. Either way, I think if technology exists I'm going to use it.

Now DD is a toddler I have a video monitor. When they can't move there's not much to watch on it, but when they start to move around its a great help. I know if DD is sitting up in bed she's not going to resettle, whereas is if she's lying down crying she's trying to put herself back to sleep.

For those buying baby baths make sure you buy the newborn insert thingy that they can lie on (like a bouncer). They're so slippery!! Makes bath time last much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls,
    I have my first ultrasound in the morning.... soo nervous, but cannot wait!!
    Praying for a hear beat.. (6w6d pregnant tomorrow).
    So glad to read of all the good news in the last few pages. Gives me hope that everything will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Waiting hoping, My oldest two don't live with me but they know already, my younger two teens live at home still and were there in the room watching the HPT with hubby and I. It was a magic moment between the four of us.

How was the ultrasound Beanie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Torie View Post
    Hi Waiting hoping, My oldest two don't live with me but they know already, my younger two teens live at home still and were there in the room watching the HPT with hubby and I. It was a magic moment between the four of us.
    How cool!!

The nemo bath sounds cute clucky!!

Good luck tomorrow beanie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nt scan tomorrow for me! Hooray, just crossing fingers all is ok. If we get the all clear we will tell everyone except my work, who I am waiting as long as possible to tell!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck beanie and bedlover can't wait till Monday for mine

When do you have to have the blood test for screen I haven't had mine but appt with ob not for 2 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wishful05 View Post
    When do you have to have the blood test for screen I haven't had mine but appt with ob not for 2 weeks?
    The bloods with the NT scan? My ob told me as close to the 12week mark and scan as possible

Good luck bedlover!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

wishful05  (13-04-2013)