Closed Thread
Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm guessing that's like choosing an OB but thou the public system so if there is a particular one u want or if there is better ones at the hospital then u r better off organising it now. It's not too early. We made our appt with our OB the week we found out. I'm pretty sure u have to let the hospital know that u want to go there as well just so they know what to expect in any given month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well just called and booked for a case load midwife. I'm pretty we'll get one. Just gotta wait for the call back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We did NT last time and will again. It tests for multiple outcomes, not just downs syndrome. Some trisomy issues have an almost certain pre natal / immediately post natal mortality rate and even if termination isn't an option I want to be prepared if that is the prognosis.

Plus, every opportunity to look at Bub is a positive!

I am 8.5 weeks and still haven't picked an OB. Really need to pull my finger out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi hoping4bubs, that hcg sounds good. there is such a big range! as always, it is about the doubling, not the figure itself so would be better if you look at it in context with your previous and next results

in case this might help, here were mine:
    4w3d- hcg 633, estrogen 1577, progesterone 182
    5w4d- hcg 11706, estrogen 1870, progesterone 101 (had stopped prog pessaries by this time)
    6w3d- hcg 44040, estrogen 2775, progesterone 94.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies
    great to see everyone doing well and so sorry to have read about tamalyssa's heartache

I have also been terrified of a MC all along, but most recently yesterday suspected an ectopic as I had a low abdominal pain in the same spot that just wouldnt subside- a throbbing pain. Was alarmed as all along have had abdominal pain / cramps, but fleeting ones instead. This one didnt go away for almost 24 hours. Anyway, yesterday's bloods indicate all is going well but I will only be truly relieved once we see bub tomorrow at our first scan. Praying for a heartbeat and no ectopic.

I read on a research website somewhere that the chances for MC is much lower for women experiencing nausea, so for all of you (and me!) that are feeling horrible all the time, see it at least as a very good sign that your chances are looking good. I have almost been bedridden the last few days straight, I feel like I have a horrible cold but it is only the pregnancy symptoms weighing me down so much. I do not have any food cravings, just aversion for ANYthing edible and getting worse each day- ARGH! I cannot stand opening the fridge door or prepare any food.

Anyone else like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamalyssa I am so sorry. How utterly heartbreaking, it's all of our worst nightmares.

I am 6 weeks today and still no MS. Only symptoms are feeling a bit tired and sore nipples but boobs otherwise not sore. I am paranoid that my lack of symptoms is a bad sign but apparently my hcg levels are all good. I don't want to ask what they are specifically as I'll just become obsessed. As long as they tell me they're good I'm happy.

Did anyone else have little or no symptoms at 6 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hposs - with my first I had no symptoms at all - no nausea or anything. Although now that I am pg again and have a cold, I do remember having a cold for what seemed like the entire first trimester with DS. Maybe that is my version of MS!!??!

This time I have a cold, have marginally less appetite and can't eat big amounts, have no boob soreness but am tired as can be (off to bed now at 8.30)! I am over 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all
    I have a scan tomorrow with our fertility centre. I will be 7 weeks & 5 days.
    Dh & I have the day off together. We are going to have lunch & celebrate after. I can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Qloulou that sounds awesome! What a lovely idea - enjoy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hposs, sometimes ignorance is bliss, we can worry ourselves silly at this stage. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about your lack of symptoms; some woman are lucky enough not to have many symptoms at all and have perfectly healthy babies. I did not get the nausea until further into my 1st pregnancy and never vomited at all and had a perfectly healthy little girl. You may be one of the lucky ones and have very few symptoms, but give it time, it may also still come.