+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feral Neighbours! Guh!

Just a little vent about my neighbours, Im soo freaking of sick of their crap! Bit of background, They moved in about 8 months ago, and at first i thought something wasnt right, the mother moved the kids in and pretty much only stopped in for 5 or 10 mins a day for almost 3 weeks, the youngest child being about 9 years old, theres 3 kids.
    So i was a little worried at first cause the younger kids would be out on the road at all hours of the day and night, hardly going to school, then the mother finally made it to actually being there more than a few mins at a time.

Now i understand she probably has to work, my mother was a working single mother, but we were trained, we had boundaries these kids have no idea, the swearing that comes from their house is ridiculous, they have murdered a snake, carpet snake, harmless, just leave it and it will go away, but no these kids had to kill it, the mother thought it was nothing. My kids were in tears when they just threw it out their gate onto the road!

We aren't angels! I mean we have 5 rowdy boys, we are known to have loud music, and we have get togethers with family and friends occasionally. So last night, i head to bed about 9.30pm and start to drift off to sleep, only to wake to screaming and yelling, the mother and teenage girl are fighting.. Happens often, what 15 year old doesnt fight with their parents, so it all goes on for about an hour, by this stage ds5 has been woken up by their crap luckily the other boys and Dh and still sleeping.
    They seem to settle for a bit so i get ds back to sleep and head back to bed, not even 10 mins after i finally crawl into bed they are at it again, the teenager has locked the mother out and now the mother is screaming and yelling and bashing on the front door. Screen door mind you, so in a quiet street all you hear is the screaming and rattling of the door.... for over an hour at close to midnight

SO by this stage everyone is awake in our house, i can see the other houses in the street turning their lights, i was just waiting for the police to show up.. but they didnt the mother got into the house and pretty much went mental i could hear breaking and yelling and thumping. Im not sure what was going on and what i should do, i really want to ring their real estate, but then i think it might make it hard for them to find a house in the future, I'm a bit torn... I'm not the sort of person to complain about my neighbours, live and let live i say, but this is really going a bit too far for it to be ignored any more. Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have called the police last night. Who knows what was going on in there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happens all too often tho, the police have been out a few times for them. Its hard to judge when its really bad. Im surprised they havnt got a breach from the agent yet. I seen the teenager on her way to school this morning, she seemed ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Every time you hear something like that call the police.

They need to be informed of what's going on every time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Feral Neighbours! Guh!

Next time call the police. having been I'm a similar situation with family that have anger issues, I appreciated the police calls. Just do it anonymously if you want. Sometimes the parent needs a bit of perspective and sometimes its the kids that need perspective.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (11-02-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes definitely call the police next time, straight away. You never know, even if the teenager seemed ok, how many bruises were hidden under those clothes (or on her heart). Now it could be completely opposite in that situation where the mums doing her best with an awful teenager... But always best to be on the safe side.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (11-02-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In all honesty, I wouldn't interfere. Not in the situation that you described- the mother and teenager daughter fighting. It would p!ss me off though, the noise and you having your young children woken up, I'd like to think that I would go out and say something, but realistically I pobably would have done what you did and waited impatiently for it to pass. My DH would have more than likey said somthing- especially if was getting to the point of waking up our kids.
    We had a horrible neighbour a few years back when we were living in a block of units with this guys flat on the other side of the wall- pper thin walls. DS was very young and this guy would be up all hours of the night and early morning with his music blaring, our bedroom backed onto his loungeroom- anyway, 4am one day he came home from somewhere and blasted his doof doof music (we much later found out he was a speed addict) so DH went over and knocked on his door and aked him to turn his music down- well that was it, long story short he ended up gtting his teenage son who visited sometimes with his mates to smash our windows in with the leg of a table. We had him charged and the real estate agent moved us out a few days later, but it was terrifying.
    You shouldn't have to put up with inconsiderate, loud neighbours, but at what point to you interfere or call the police? It's a tough call, obviously with my neighbour theer wasn't even a question as to whether or not to involve the cops- but for your situation, here is a mother fighting with her teenage daughter- does hat warrant a call to the police? I'd say yes if any violence or abuse occured, maybe if the little ones were in the house- but I'm not sure if it would be best to let them sort it out themselves.
    If it continues or you are feeling concerned for the safety of the kids, call them. You could make a noise complaint and tell them there are kids in the house.
    If I called the police everytime the neighbours across the road from us had a fight they would be there everyday... they sound exatly like your neighbours and have 6 kids (one a toddler) and I swear the older ones only go to school once in a while, they are constantly running amok 24/7, they stand out the front and throw things at passing cars and "play" in their mums car, constantly beeping the horn- god forbid one of them knock it into neutral!

And by the way, if I had have locked my mum out of the house when I was a teenager she would have called the cops on me, not the other way around!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 11-02-2013 at 11:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post

And by the way, if I had have locked my mum out of the house when I was a teenager she would have called the cops on me, not the other way around!
    God help me if i ever fought with my mum like that as a teenager. I was close to calling the police last night, but then she got it went nuts for a bit and it all calmed down, I can imagine how difficult it can be with teenagers, i honestly think the mother is trying with the daughter but its all a bit do as i say not as i do kinda thing, the mother is a drinker from what ive noticed and i have seen the teenager with a can in her hand on a few occasions. She yells and tells her not to do something, then the mother just carries on with the same thing, they have issues thats for sure! I just dont want to have to wake up to that anymore, im really over it, I've been talking to Dh today and when he gets home from work im just going to pop over and have a nice friendly chat, she kinda scares me lol so im not doing it alone! Hope she doesnt go mental at me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makes me wonder if the mother is working or doing something else less legit....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have called the police and I also wouldn't interfere parents and teenagers arguments can be explosive and overly dramatic I've witnessed it first hand with my sister and one of her daughters, my advice is stay out of it-unless you think a life is in danger then I would go right ahead and call the police. After all no ever really know whats going on behind closed doors.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mixinitup For This Useful Post:

Lozie  (11-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (11-02-2013)