+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Whooping cough vax help

Hey everyone, my son is 6.5 months old and is not vaccinated as yet (am still deciding what is best for him) my mother just had a blood test to check her immunity for whooping cough and its come back she has no immunity therefore she wants to get vaccinated for it as she says if my son ever got whooping cough she wouldn't want to be the person he got it from.. My question is is it safe for my unvaxed son to be around her when she has just gotten the vaccine or should I keep him away from her for a bit??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels4me For This Useful Post:

MissMarie86  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would def keep my son away until she got vaxed! where do you live? i just got my vax for dp & i and they are $35 each (your immunisation clinics can be cheaper). But do phone around because my mum rang a chemist and they wanted to charge $90!!!

I figure if everyone around me is vaxxed until bubba is then he will be safer

just adding i'm in adelaide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Whooping cough vax help

The whooping cough vax isn't a live virus, so I don't think it matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good on your mum !!!
    Your kid will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also think that if your mother has no immunity that there would be a high chance of others in the community being the same but the heat hasnt been drawn down on them iykwim..??
    I think you should get professional advice from someone on the pro vax side and someone on the non vax side and take what feels right for you and your son and go with that.. I think the one of the worst things people can do is to rely on the opinions of others, especially if they haven't done their own research on the matter and just blindly follow what they believe to be fact..
    Good luck with your decision..! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app