+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cesarean - I don't have a choice.

Dear fellow pregnant folks.

I'm extraordinarily lucky in that I am 29 weeks pregnant after a long journey through endometriosis and eventually IVF.

Due to various complications I've been told cesarean is the only way. I.e. I'm high risk and I actually don't have a choice. What I'm finding frustrating is finding advice on having a cesarean if its not actually what you want but what you have to do.

I find a lot of info on antenatal groups for natural birth, info re elective cesarean but nothing for women who 'must' have one.

Can anyone help? Does anyone else have this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Elective cesareans are not always because you choose to have one but that its not classed as an 'emergency'. If you look into the elective c/s threads you will find plenty of people in your same situation!
    DD2 was an elective but I 'had to' have one due to her stopping growing and they didn't want to risk her going into distress with an induction after my first was a 3 day induction.

Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Cesarean - I don't have a choice.

Sorry, can't help with ante-natal classes etc. but my dd was recently an 'elective' c-section too. It was a beautiful experience. Good luck.

Fwiw I think there should be another name category for them, 'medically indicated' Caesar maybe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know my hospital ran a session for women who knew they were having a c/s as a part of the antenatal classes they offer. Might be worth asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Elective is the word they use for any pre planned caesarean. It doesn't mean it's just a choice.

I had a elective. It was planned about 20 hours before it actually happened. I didn't want it either. I don't know if there are specific groups but there are plenty of people on here who have had them when they didn't want them.

Thanks
    Reviews

A 'medically indicated cesarean' is a brilliant name! Thanks so much for the feedback ladies, I'll check out the threads and its really great to hear some positives from those of you who have had a cs.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was "medically indicated", and I fought it as hard as I could. But it turned out to be an incredibly moving, happy, joyous experience. So much so I'm having another, by choice this time. Hope you have a great c-section experience, too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've used the term 'scheduled c-section' often, but yes... on paper my medically required c-section was 'elective'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found that having an elective c section after my first emergency one very different and quite a lovely experience. i knew what day she was going to be born so I was well prepared. I breastfed on the operating table while they stitched me up and was up and out of hospital within 24 hrs. It was amazing and perfect (for me) and I wouldn't change a thing. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I hate the elective term too. I've had 2 for breech, had zero choice. So I call them medically necessary c/s (although I don't feel they were necessary but that a whollllle different thread lol). In my eyes elective is by choice although as others have said it just means a planned op as opposed to an emergency one.