+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Depression/anxiety. Does your other half understand?

Thanks, I will try x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Depression/anxiety. Does your other half understand?

Aww I'm sorry your having such a rough time

I suffer from GAD and OCD and Have a tendency to obsess over everything and the anxiety can make me struggle with a lot of things that most people wouldn't even bat an eyelid at.

My husband doesn't understand it as such but he does try his hardest not to dismiss my feelings most of the time.

I tend to keep my issues to myself when it comes to friends and family, only my bestie and my mum know about it really and I always feel if I talk about it I am burdening them with it.

It can be incredibly lonely and isolating, if you ever want someone to chat/vent to, you are more than welcome to PM me. I am a great listener and I hate the thought of someone not having anyone to get it out to, in a safe non judgemental space. xo

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Aww I'm sorry your having such a rough time

I suffer from GAD and OCD and Have a tendency to obsess over everything and the anxiety can make me struggle with a lot of things that most people wouldn't even bat an eyelid at.

My husband doesn't understand it as such but he does try his hardest not to dismiss my feelings most of the time.

I tend to keep my issues to myself when it comes to friends and family, only my bestie and my mum know about it really and I always feel if I talk about it I am burdening them with it.

It can be incredibly lonely and isolating, if you ever want someone to chat/vent to, you are more than welcome to PM me. I am a great listener and I hate the thought of someone not having anyone to get it out to, in a safe non judgemental space. xo

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    I am exactly the same with my OCD, things like breathing and blinking can stress me out on bad days.I just keep it to myself really, it doesn't help by telling people about it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Glad your current partner is great lucymoo x

My Dh is just over me screwing everyhing up all the time. But like I said, I'm way more over it.
    Living rurally just exaserbates it. There are no readily available counsellors or support networks and as you said, no where to go.

Go gently xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Living rurally just exaserbates it. There are no readily available counsellors or support networks and as you said, no where to go.

Go gently xx
    I hear you!
    It's incredibly isolating. Sometimes tending to my DH & DD is the only thing that keeps me sane momentarily. But then I burn myself out, and get way more overwhelmed.

But the whole not being able to talk to them issue...well, listening is the key factor, they don't listen or comprehend what you say, until something dramatic happens. I feel your frustration, your certainly not alone and I hope the penny drops!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

The other day I was home alone with the baby while DH went out (socially, he doesn't work). He came home when the baby had been crying for over an hour, like screaming crying - all I could do was stand and rock him and I have to wear a wrist brace at the moment for pain from carrying the baby, so I was in physical pain as well. By the time DH got home I was in floods of tears myself and he took one look at us, went upstairs to have a shower, then sat in our room on his computer. He apparently needed some quiet time.

The worst thing was my baby was looking at me watching me cry and I knew it was distressing him. I felt so guilty. I asked DH later if he couldn't hack it when he sees me like that or if he just doesn't care. He said he didn't know...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Depression/anxiety. Does your other half understand?

Hugs to everyone. MI can be very isolating and lonely.

My DP sounds like Eko. He gets more frustrated with not being able to help than anything else. Though I just see him being narky and take it personally.

MI is hard enough to navigate when you're in the middle of it. Watching from the sides must be very confusing. I try to put myself in DPs position, trying to deal with the symptoms without really being able to comprehend what's driving it all.

DP and I have had many talks about it all, and he is finally realising that most of the time I just need a hug, need him to tell me it will all be alright. I don't need him to fix me.

I just get so frustrated that so much of our life, of our family, is dictated to by my MI. I feel guilty that I have inflicted this on the people I love the most.

Don't know that I've offered any advice, but hopefully you feel less alone in all of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks everyone and thanks for the offers to chat xx Willl reply more later when I'm in a better headspace.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel like I'm such in between a rock and a hard place ATM. I hate feelin like this

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Life has its ups and downs. You can get through the downs and hopefully it reminds you to enjoy the ups when they arrive.....although I know when your in a down its hard to see any future positives at the end of the tunnel. Im sorry you're having a crappy time at the moment