+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    No but I do need to go back to counseling. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.
    Then definitely get onto that asap. In the meantime, do you have a journal? I find writing things down helps me. I just need to get it out of my head. Whatever emotions the thoughts make me feel, I get them out while I write. If I am angry I write angrilly and in capital letters Lol If it upsets me I bawl my eyes out as I pour my heart out. Its definitely a release that I find to be helpful...might be worth a shot while you wait for an appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Default Depression/anxiety. Does your other half understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    No but I do need to go back to counseling. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.
    I'm in the same place. I've never felt compelled to speak to someone about things before, I think I'm more a "suffer in silence" type

I think now, more than ever, I need to talk to someone (God help them )

Hugs to you OP the best thing about BH can be that even when you think you are the only one suffering with certain issues/situations, you are never alone in it

There is nowhere near enough thread-space on the hub for me to air my grievances about my husband

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Not really, I often get the "what do you have to be depressed about" speech. I tend to just bottle it all up and just tell my psychologist who is lovely. He does care, but has just grown up with a super normal happy family who has never been exposed to that kind of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Depression/anxiety. Does your other half understand?

Nope DH doesn't get it at all. When I was having a meltdown after 10 months of suffering PPD in embarrassed silence I had a breakdown and confessed I felt suicidal and depressed. He said nothing, didn't hug or touch me, after a few minutes of silence he got up and went to the kitchen, then avoided and ignored me the rest of the day and the next.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
    Nope DH doesn't get it at all. When I was having a meltdown after 10 months of suffering PPD in embarrassed silence I had a breakdown and confessed I felt suicidal and depressed. He said nothing, didn't hug or touch me, after a few minutes of silence he got up and went to the kitchen, then avoided and ignored me the rest of the day and the next.
    Hugs hugs hugs and more hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Thanks everyone. I don't know how to reply to everyone. Hugs massively to those also suffering.

I do have a journal but it's empty. I need to do more to help myself.

It's been a massive few months. With dd2s ops and other personal stuff, now I've got shingles and my business was flooded in the recent floods and I haven't been able to open again. Whinge whinge.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
    I am so sorry you went through that

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think anybody who isn't living with it can understand it as wholly as someone who is.

My ex just thought I was "a bit annoyed" or "having an episode" (the latter when I had called an ambulance after very nearly committing suicide). He was more annoyed that he had to look after DD.

Current DP, he is amazing. He listens to absolutely everything and tries to understand as much as he can. It's hard, I think, for other people to "get it". Something so trivial can set us off, and it seems like we're just "tantrumming" if we get upset about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Glad your current partner is great lucymoo x

My Dh is just over me screwing everyhing up all the time. But like I said, I'm way more over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please try writing in your journal. Even if it doesnt make sense. It doesnt have to make sense as long as it helps. I didnt know how to start and was trying to think of what I should write first. Some kind of introduction? A bit of background? No...its a journal for me to just write things in. Nobody has to read it or understand it. Just try start writing and the feelings pour out. It hurts to see the words and to feel the emotions come out but it helps...well it helps me and I hope it can help you too