+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC & Losing weight/getting healthy?

Anybody else on a mission to get fit or healthier whilst ttc?
    I think it's a great time to do it. I remember with my DD2 I conceived the month I started exercising, and I really think it helped, it reduced my stresses, helped put me in a better frame of mind, made me healthier. I was quite overweight ttc for #3 i had a miscarriage and then it took another 12 months to conceive again. I'm slightly overweight again now and I think perhaps now is the perfect time to get fit and healthy.
    I'm planning to go on lite n easy for a number of weeks to kick start me off to healthy eatting. I'd like to lose between 10-15kgs but every little bit helps.
    I plan to start walking again too, going to buy some ttc vitamins and drink more water.
    Anybody else doing this?
    Hoping that my new lifestyle change might benefit my conception timing

(Sorry if there is a thread for this already, I couldn't find one?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I am with you. We have been TTC now for a few months and ever since I started I ramped up my fitness regime. I have got a PT at my gym x3 times a week and have started eating better etc. I am SO paranoid about stacking weight on during pregnancy! I was the same last pregnancy, and got through it feeling great with not a huge weight gain (10kgs). I think at the end of the day it's the best thing to do for your body, mind and baby!

Good luck with #4

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, I am trying to lose 11kg (have already lost over 35kg) so that should I need IVF, I will be under the max BMI they accept. I am currently doing my first round of IUI and am in the 2WW and all I have wanted to do is eat.

I am doing lite and easy too and am loving the food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a lot to lose but I just started Michelle Bridges 12WBT round 1 today. We are hoping to start TTC #1 in May. So its like a 12 week kickstart to a healthier pregnancy weight. I want to lose at least 10kg on the 12weeks.

I am going to get some Elevit and start taking those soon and DF is also going to start taking Menevit.

to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That was my ambition on moving home from the UK lose weight for wedding and baby and sadly in total lost so much weight but keeps going back on since DF likes fatty foods as do friends and family who really should be being healthier then me. 9 weeks to go, off to gym today after my afternoon ?breakfast shake. Have a massive amount of veges and fruit for tea. Lets see if I can convince myself to go to the gym now every day in next 9 weeks , well apart from my hens weekend, should go about 6am before the day gets under wraps. Really should lose about 25kgs but just wanted to be under 80kgs by wedding now desperately, was 63kgs 2 and bit years ago never been this big . Atleast don't need to gain much weight in pregnancy baby can absorb off me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkelle View Post
    I have a lot to lose but I just started Michelle Bridges 12WBT round 1 today. We are hoping to start TTC #1 in May. So its like a 12 week kickstart to a healthier pregnancy weight. I want to lose at least 10kg on the 12weeks.

I am going to get some Elevit and start taking those soon and DF is also going to start taking Menevit.

to all!
    I still have a lot to lose as well. I have done 3 rounds of 12wbt and loved it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    managed to last 45 mins on the treadmill today, had a little pain but persevered slowly. Lets see if I can convince my body it needs to go back wednesday and thursday before my trainer session on friday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    managed to last 45 mins on the treadmill today, had a little pain but persevered slowly. Lets see if I can convince my body it needs to go back wednesday and thursday before my trainer session on friday.
    I need to get back into exercising, have been so slack lately. Well done on persevering :-)