+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Could men handle labour?

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I think this thread is supposed to be lighthearted, a bit of a think of your dp in labour situation. Some people need to lighten up a bit.

I think men would be bragging about the size of the babies they can push out, much like comparing their penises haha. I'm sure that they would milk it for all it's worth and make us wait on them.
    Haha yep, my DH would for sure! I'd never hear the end of it.

And yes, light-hearted, maybe I caught people at a bad time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

bpac  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Could men handle labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    This is such a silly question. If they have to they would as they would have no other choice. There are alot of women out there that you could say couldn't handle labour but do because they have no choice.
    Ok look people, it was the title of the video, I didn't mean anything by it, of course if there was no choice they'd have to do it but that's not the point - its just having a bit of fun with a couple of dudes who agreed to go through a simulation.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-02-2013),bpac  (11-02-2013),Missemzy  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoyed the video. I'm going to make DH watch it tonight just for fun.

It reminded me of having my first bub. My second bubba is due anytime now and that will be me but for some reason the video still made me laugh. Crazy huh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just had a moment to watch the video. I thought it was great, very realistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course some men could

Mine, absolutely not. But he'd never pretend for a second that he ever could either. He wouldn't have a chance in hell of going through labour. He would most definitely opt for a c-section, in fact, he'd probably want to be knocked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha oh how I wish I would put DP throught this. So that he could have a small glimpse of the pain us women go through. He jokes that labour is more painful for him.

They should introduce this into antenatal classes for the soon to be dads to experience it. It'll give the soon to be mothers a little giggle.

I honestly don't think DP could handle it. He admits that he has never seen someone in so much pain.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I heard last night on Embarrassing Bodies that they say Kidney Stones are more painful than labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I heard last night on Embarrassing Bodies that they say Kidney Stones are more painful than labour.
    I've heard that. I'd love to know whether mothers who have experienced kidney stones and several labours feel this way.

Considering all labours are different, I'd like to know how they came to this conclusion. I honestly cannot fathom anything more painful than my posterior labour, I don't want to really :\

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had kidney stones and 2 labours. Stones are a walk in the park...once I knew what was causing the pain! Perhaps that's the diff...you expect pains at the end of pregnancy - whereas with stones I thought I was dying from an unknown cause hee hee.
    My DH says he'd give labour a good go after trying some of my gas a few weeks ago, 2 sucks and he was all wobbly. He is so stubborn he'd do it but I'd never hear the end of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    They can also give you better pain meds than they can with labour can't they?

I agree with benji, all labours are different so how can they really know?