+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could men handle labour?

That's brilliant!

In all seriousness, when you're in labour you have no choice but to deal with it. Baby has to come out. Some cope better than others. I thought I was tough until I experienced labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think so, in my experience labor is a walk in the park compared to having to go to the dentist. I think a lot of men could handle it better than some women. Its not a sex thing its a person by person thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I think so, in my experience labor is a walk in the park compared to having to go to the dentist.
    That's funny! I now no longer have a fear of the dentist. I used to be terrified!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Could men handle labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Honestly? Absolutely! I think the vast vast majority of parents would endure absolutely whatever you they must to have their babies /children safe and well.
    I couldn't put a pin to my own finger and press down, I couldn't wax my own legs, I couldn't hurt myself needlessly, but I pushed my baby out hard enough to tear my vagina in 3. Enjoy that mental image.

But without the dire need to birth a baby safely into this world I'm the biggest sook. I whined when I got my whooping cough Vax about 6 hours after her birth.

So I don't think some artificial simulator does any justice to survival and protection instincts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Agree with this completely. I am a giant sook in every day life, I honestly cry from a paper cut, I stubbed my toe the other day and whinged about it for hours to DH. Yet when I was in labour I shut up and dealt with it because the pain had a purpose.

I've never met anyone with a pain threshold as high as my DH's. He has sliced his hand open and needed 22 stitches and it didn't phase him. He dropped a 50kg drain grate on his hand and squashed his finger - the sight of it made me pass out and my step dad vomited seeing it (he was there when it happened)

So yup not a doubt in my mind that my DH could handle labour.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Agree with this completely. I am a giant sook in every day life, I honestly cry from a paper cut, I stubbed my toe the other day and whinged about it for hours to DH. Yet when I was in labour I shut up and dealt with it because the pain had a purpose.

I've never met anyone with a pain threshold as high as my DH's. He has sliced his hand open and needed 22 stitches and it didn't phase him. He dropped a 50kg drain grate on his hand and squashed his finger - the sight of it made me pass out and my step dad vomited seeing it (he was there when it happened)

So yup not a doubt in my mind that my DH could handle labour.

I think your DH and my DP are made from the same mould. He sliced up his hand with a saw (44 stitches), has been trampled by a bull, driven his motorbike through a zebra sign, fallen through a roof, omg the list could go on and on.

Never complains about the injury but about the fact he is in hospital and might miss the cricket or that he cant go fishing this weekend, meanwhile i am either in panic mode or turning green!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (10-02-2013),Rutabaga  (11-02-2013),sweetseven  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Honestly? Absolutely! I think the vast vast majority of parents would endure absolutely whatever you they must to have their babies /children safe and well.
    I couldn't put a pin to my own finger and press down, I couldn't wax my own legs, I couldn't hurt myself needlessly, but I pushed my baby out hard enough to tear my vagina in 3. Enjoy that mental image.

But without the dire need to birth a baby safely into this world I'm the biggest sook. I whined when I got my whooping cough Vax about 6 hours after her birth.

So I don't think some artificial simulator does any justice to survival and protection instincts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    It was just a bit of fun, I wasn't being anti-men or anything. And i know its just a simulator and doesn't really give a totally accurate experience. I just thought it was funny because men joke all the time about how women bang on about labour and in this video they get a little taste of it. Just funny, that's all.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-02-2013),Tildy  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I heard that if a man was to give birth it would be like them peeing out a lemon. Im sure any man would do what it takes to get their baby into this world safely. In saying that my dh would op for all drugs possible lol.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I think your DH and my DP are made from the same mould. He sliced up his hand with a saw (44 stitches), has been trampled by a bull, driven his motorbike through a zebra sign, fallen through a roof, omg the list could go on and on.

Never complains about the injury but about the fact he is in hospital and might miss the cricket or that he cant go fishing this weekend, meanwhile i am either in panic mode or turning green!
    Lol yup my DH complained about how much of a pain it was to go to the hospital when he sliced his hand open. Blood was gushing and he just wanted to wrap a towel around it, tape it up with masking tape and keep working!! I have an incredibly weak stomach and I pass out at the sight of blood.... so he is normally more worried about me passing out than he is about his injury

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Lol yup my DH complained about how much of a pain it was to go to the hospital when he sliced his hand open. Blood was gushing and he just wanted to wrap a towel around it, tape it up with masking tape and keep working!! I have an incredibly weak stomach and I pass out at the sight of blood.... so he is normally more worried about me passing out than he is about his injury

My DP has actually used Super glue while out fishing so he did not have to come home. I was horrified.

Sorry guys, last post i know i am getting a little off topic

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

That's fine bpac My DH is totally different, you should see him with stomach pain after eating something dodgy or a bit of gastro, you'd think he was dying the way he carries on lol!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013),bpac  (11-02-2013)