+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tubal Reversal

I had my tubes tied after my 4th was born, i have been thinking about getting it reversed for a few differetn reason. has anyone had any experince with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tubal Reversal

I'm in the exact same position. Had my DD4 in feb last year and had my tubes tied but is the biggest regret I've had. I had my first appointment to looking at having a reversal but decided to think more into. I've now got another appointment in May to discuss it further and hopefully go ahead with it.
    Good luck on your journey if you have the reversal. I do know there is an IVF or tubal reversal thread you could post in on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks i have been doning some research into it seems it will probably be cheaper to go ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I have also been looking into reversal. Have just got my appointment at Sydney Royal Womens hospital for first consult. I am going as a public patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am scheduled for surgery next week. 100% public patient! fully covered by Medicare. If you phone the Sydney Women's Hospital in Randwick they can help. It has only been 3 months since I first made contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bushmumma, how did you go?
    Do you know what the wait time is to go public?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would come back in an post that I finally had my reversal surgery this week. I was a private patient but was only out of pocket a small amount. Now the 3 month wait until we can start trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Thought I would come back in an post that I finally had my reversal surgery this week. I was a private patient but was only out of pocket a small amount. Now the 3 month wait until we can start trying
    What is the success rate? Do you know? I don't want kids now but in my depression haze I chose to get it done. I don't know if I want kids again. But I just feel like I made the wrong decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What is the success rate? Do you know? I don't want kids now but in my depression haze I chose to get it done. I don't know if I want kids again. But I just feel like I made the wrong decisions.
    I know the moment I had mine done that I made the wrong decision. I think with all the pressures of pregnancy on our body, we make fast decisions in the moment. At least you know you have an option of a reversal if you wish to have one in the future.
    My gyno didn't seem to think I would have any problems getting pregnant at all due. They base that on a few factors though - age, how the TL was performed originally, and how much had to be rejoined.
    My chances of ectopic are extremely high (up to 90%) if I fall pregnant within the first 3 months and 5-10% if after the 3 months.
    I've seen a few threads of yours and know you are also in SA, I had mine done at Ashford under Dr Radesic. He was fantastic!

I'm now hanging to see how AF returns and if all the symptoms I had after my TL subside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I know the moment I had mine done that I made the wrong decision. I think with all the pressures of pregnancy on our body, we make fast decisions in the moment. At least you know you have an option of a reversal if you wish to have one in the future.
    My gyno didn't seem to think I would have any problems getting pregnant at all due. They base that on a few factors though - age, how the TL was performed originally, and how much had to be rejoined.
    My chances of ectopic are extremely high (up to 90%) if I fall pregnant within the first 3 months and 5-10% if after the 3 months.
    I've seen a few threads of yours and know you are also in SA, I had mine done at Ashford under Dr Radesic. He was fantastic!

I'm now hanging to see how AF returns and if all the symptoms I had after my TL subside.
    Thanks @BabyG4 I'm not having another bub until I finish uni ☺️☺️ good luck getting preg!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (07-03-2015)