+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
    I had these when I was a kid and still wetting during the night and I can confidently say they traumatized me still have night mares about the alarms going off and remember every single night I woke from them. Will never use them with my kids if they have this issue.

Good luck with them tho. I hope they help with your situation
    Same for my DH- totally traumatised by these alarms as a kid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The alarm worked for my sister and I when we must have been about 5. She used to sleep through the alarm though so I had to wake her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The issue with the bed wetting is that the brain has to produce an anti diuretic hormone to concentrate the urine and to help the brain recognize the bladder is full. My dd is 9 and occasionally has dry nights but doesn't want to use the alarm . I'm not bothered by her wearing them but with school camp happening later next year may see about the hormone spray and see if that helps. She's a heavy sleeper and no amount of encouraging , fluid restriction or reward charts will change her being a bed wetter. Also if you get her out of pull ups now, the reality is she'll regress when bub arrives! I would wait until baby arrives before worrying about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd is same age as yours. I was going to get an alarm for her this summer. In the interim, we used a Brolly sheet and for awhile woke her to take her to toilet. I do think she was wetting the bed sometimes out if tiredness/laziness (and possibly afraid of going to toilet alone at night) so I put a potty next to her bed and told her just to wee in that if need be. She did use it a few times, often really early in the morning and straight back to sleep, but she is also 95% of the time dry though the night without using it also. Only when she is very tired does she wet her sheet. This is all new - like only in the last 5 weeks, but I like to think maybe her body has got the hang of it and we are through wet nights! Just another suggestion...