+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know if this will help but I thought I would put it out there. I recently went to a urologist with a friend regarding her son and his lack of bladder control. They have major issues, not just at night and he is 6. The urologist did say that limiting drinks after a certain time is one of the worst things you can do as children need to feel a full bladder to wake up. I have no experience with this as my DS is only 2 but thought I would pass it on anyway. Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bedwetting alarms

I received the same advice as LM to not restrict drinks, we did the alarm when my son was 11, he was desperate to stop, it took less than a week, he went from wetting every single night to never again. He was just a deep sleeper and full bladder signs we not able to wake him, the alarm seemed to trigger a connection somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried having her go just before bed, then just before you go to bed waking her up and getting her to go again?? It's what mum did with us, and it's what my family did with my niece when she was being TT. It seemed to work. The alarms sound kind of scary, from what I've read, and humiliating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I do take her before bed and then when I go to bed at around 9:30. When I take her at this time her pullup is dry.

It's just frustrating as she went so long without needing a pullup and now uses it every night. She has no problems through out the day. She does tell me that at night she can't feel it.

Thank you for your advice ladies, I won't restrict fluids either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Bedwetting alarms

I have just bumped a recent thread on this topic for you. In it is the program we had to follow

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I would give you a positive experience of using an alarm. My DD was never night dry. We tried all of the above things without success. In her case I think it was partly genetic as me and my mum were late bed wetters. So I waited until she was 6 then got a referal to see the Continence Advisor at the public hospital. She was awesome, she taught DD a number of techniques to help her stay dry, and also gave us an alarm. Now I want to say that we never pressured or punished her for wetting, to her it was no big deal that she wore pull ups and even had sleep over's in them. It took her about 3 months of using the alarm to be consistently dry. It didn't upset her when it went off, and I was the only one that it woke up. In my opinion, if you feel it's time to seek other measures to help her get dry, then do it!! Hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds had great success with the alarm. He was 5 and a half and still wetting. With the alarm he was dry within 6 weeks . It didn't frighten him at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Restricting fluids before bed doesn't make a difference, so don't make a fuss about that. As for alarms it still requires the child to then get out of bed and that was my ds's issue. He wouldn't get out of bed at all!

I would suggest trying to take her to the toilet yourself just before you go to bed. Or just trying without pullups for 2 weeks (give it a good go) every 3 - 4 months.

6 months ago my 5.5 yo ds would wet nearly every night at 3am. All attempts for us to take him to the toilet overnight failed. He weighs 23kg and would not get out of bed at all. Then 3 weeks ago we tried again and he would wake up wet in the morning. He did that for the first 4 nights and since then he's had maybe 3 wet nights and 10 - 12 dry nights. He's doing really well & I think he's out of pull ups for good now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For information regarding wireless bedwetting alarm systems Dry Buddy welcomes you to connect with them via following web link and also by the email.
    Web link:http://www.drybuddy.com/
    Email: service@drybuddy.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum used this with me when I was a kid, worked great! Took a few weeks but once I was dry I never wet again. I'll be using it with DS by the looks of it as he's still using Dry Nites and turns 7 in Feb.