Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

There are things in life we agree with and disagree with. Things we are passionate about or don't give two hoots about, why can't someone who feels passionately about smoking whilst pregnant not voice that they disagree with it, without being criticized herself!? It's hypocritical.

Just because someone disagrees with what Chrissy did, it doesn't make her all of a sudden 'think she's perfect' and doesn't make them deserving of criticism.

If its ok for people to criticize another for having an opinion (which is not harmful to anyone - ever!) why is it not ok to criticize someone for putting their child's health at risk. You can't have it both ways. Again it's hypocritical.

If you think Chrissy Swan should be given a break, just say so and leave it at that but don't then go and criticize someone just for disagreeing with you....

This is how these threads turn nasty and get closed down. State your opinion and leave others alone to state theirs, whether you agree with them or not.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (16-02-2013),Mummy pig  (11-02-2013),PR2bMum  (11-02-2013)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Delirium........I going to request that this thread be closed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    There are things in life we agree with and disagree with. Things we are passionate about or don't give two hoots about, why can't someone who feels passionately about smoking whilst pregnant not voice that they disagree with it, without being criticized herself!? It's hypocritical.

Just because someone disagrees with what Chrissy did, it doesn't make her all of a sudden 'think she's perfect' and doesn't make them deserving of criticism.

If its ok for people to criticize another for having an opinion (which is not harmful to anyone - ever!) why is it not ok to criticize someone for putting their child's health at risk. You can't have it both ways. Again it's hypocritical.

If you think Chrissy Swan should be given a break, just say so and leave it at that but don't then go and criticize someone just for disagreeing with you....

This is how these threads turn nasty and get closed down. State your opinion and leave others alone to state theirs, whether you agree with them or not.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing irritates me more than judgmental mothers, so why can't I say anything against that. It is just my opinion.

Also, still it sure why people think chrissy is damaging the health of all three of her kids, she wasn't smoking around the other two was she?

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    But Beebs we all have opinions, and in order to form an opinion - you make a judgement!

Didn't you recently post on the ' empathy' thread, about how parents calling their children awful names makes you feel sad......well a mother who smokes in her car (where her children travel - the residue of tobacco smoke has serious implications for children's health and well being) and is also pregnant ( damaging the health of her unborn child) makes me angry.

You feel sad about someone else's parenting, I feel angry.......please tell me the difference!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsugardumplin' For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Nothing irritates me more than judgmental mothers, so why can't I say anything against that. It is just my opinion.

Also, still it sure why people think chrissy is damaging the health of all three of her kids, she wasn't smoking around the other two was she?
    And that's fine if that irks you, as I said all different things annoy different people.

I just think that means therefore that you shouldn't disagree with anything in the forums because esentially disagreeing with someone is judging them is it not?

For example sake (and not to say this is you specifically, I don't know what your stance is on the following) someone may formula feed their baby and you may refer to formula as artificial milk and think that mothers should try harder to breastfeed before turning to formula as its bad for your baby... that is both an opinion and a judgement on mothers who formula feed. Well that's how I read it.

I'm just not sure you can have a negative opinion of something and not judge someone for doing something you think is negative. Does that make sense? I'm not sure I explained it right. :s

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Thanks Delirium........I going to request that this thread be closed now.
    I'll close as requested ... thank you to all who participated in a constructive way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789