Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    No it wasn't you. And yes this situation would be awful. But I am just expressing my opinion.......I don't get why it's turned into name calling. If you don't agree with me - fine. All I've said is that I feel angry that she is compromising her children's health. I didn't say she was a bad mother, bad person, etc.......
    Just to clarify i did not name call.

I understand your anger but did you think that she is not angry with herself? I was i am . I hated myself for doing it. I was my own worst critic. That being said, people commenting on it and passing judgement made me feel even worse and almost came to the point where i was going to do some silly things.

Yes. It is bad
    Yes. it is harming the childs health
    Yes. It is harming your own health

But, i can guarantee you the mothers that are dong it know the risks. I tried everything, hate/hated myself and nothing will ever change that.

Every time my daughter has something wrong with her, no matter what it is i wonder if what i did caused it.

If it were made a news issue what i was doing i can probably guarantee you i would not be here today. Judge in your mind what you like but wrong or not, how could something like this media crap be anything but detrimental to the mother or the child, regardless of who the mother is.

Opinions are fine but being angry with someone for something they are struggling with isnt helpful.

I am sorry if i have caused offence in this post. It is my personal opinion/experience so please go easy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

I'm not a smoker nor am I flogging a dead horse with this bad mother suggestion.

I do believe its arrogant to assume that a person must be stupid, selfish, etc if they fail to achieve what you were fortunate enough to find the strength to achieve.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013),gizmoduckus  (11-02-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can we stop talking about Chrissy bloody Swan already

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

youmake3  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    meh. I'm not worried/fussed about Chrissy Swan. She's not even a blip on my radar. I have my own kids to worry/think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never had a chance to post my opinion on the now deleted thread (which I started) about Chrissie Swan smoking during her pregnancy. Can I just say that I am struggling with Chrissie being painted as some sort of victim.

I'm angry because I gave up for both my pregnancies, it was so hard and every day I craved and craved...but I did not give in because I could not. So I know how hard it is to stop smoking and stay stopped - but Chrissie continued to make a choice every time she put a cigarette in her mouth and lit it up. I can't even comprehend the fact that she smoked in her car.....the very same car her other two children would travel in!!!!

What she did was wrong, but the constant explaining and excuse making by her and others - almost seems to condone her behaviour.

I know my opinion will not be popular and yes I have read the recently posted thread by a journalist from The Age newspaper....but I'm angry.
    I actually agree and think it sucks when pregnant women smoke but it happens. People give in to their vices. I have to say I have seen many of your threads/responses and honestly you sound like such a judgemental person and I think that you believe you're better than alot of people.

I really think it'd do you some good to gain some empathy and to get off your high horse. It'd help you get along with others better and not get so angry.

It's good to have an opinion but sometimes you just have to live and let live. In saying that.. I agree that Chrissy has been painted as some sort of hero when in reality what she did was wrong.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I actually agree and think it sucks when pregnant women smoke but it happens. People give in to their vices. I have to say I have seen many of your threads/responses and honestly you sound like such a judgemental person and I think that you believe you're better than alot of people.

I really think it'd do you some good to gain some empathy and to get off your high horse. It'd help you get along with others better and not get so angry.

It's good to have an opinion but sometimes you just have to live and let live. In saying that.. I agree that Chrissy has been painted as some sort of hero when in reality what she did was wrong.
    Wow really........I'm judgemental and I think I'm better that a lot of people. Hmm - when you write stuff like that - I think that you actually sound judgemental, and give an impression of superiority.

I've been around BH for a while......over five years in fact. I rarely post - because I have a busy life. But when I do I will always give my opinion - and even though it may not be the popular one, I still have the right to express it.

In regard to empathy - I actually am very empathic, but you don't know me - so you wouldn't know that. Those BH members who have been around know all of me, and yes I do get a little fiery at some of the stuff that goes on in the world - but don't we all.

Have you ever had a difference of opinion to someone? Does that make you judgemental? Do you believe you are better than others because you don't agree with them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsugardumplin' For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm a bit tired of seeing Chrissie lynched by the mobs. I hate seeing and hearing of pregnant women smoking, I hate hearing of dads smoking, I hate smoking!!! But I also know that so many people who do it have a terrible, terrible addiction and I just can't be mad at somebody who probably hates themselves enough for it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ok this is what I don't understand OP. You started a thread on a highly contentious issue knowing it had the possibility of being closed, yet didn't add your opinion. Then you don't log for days (I'm guessing since you say you didn't get a chance to give your opinion) and start another one? Surely if you were that angry, which is your right, and wanted to discuss given you started the thread you would have come back to contribute?

Please don't bite my head off as I'm asking this genuinely....
    Yes, I did start the thread - when I returned later in the day it was pages and pages. So I read as many as I could, then when I got back to the thread to write my opinion the thread had been closed, and now deleted.

TBH I was still trying to work out how I felt about it......and after observing the fall out and media coverage the one thing that seemed to stand out was the constant excuse making by her and others. Not to mention the fact that she has placed all three of her children at risk.

Perhaps it was neglectful of me to start a thread I could not monitor - but I did ask for people's thoughts and opinions, and eventually wanted to express my own.

Unfortunately the thread got aggressive and personal, and was closed/deleted. So yeah, maybe many of you think too bad I missed the bus - but I just wanted to express my opinion. Simple

P.S Thanks for being polite about it
    Last edited by sweetsugardumplin'; 11-02-2013 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bpac.........no it wasn't you who named called. It's all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I did start the thread - when I returned later in the day it was pages and pages. So I read as many as I could, then when I got back to the thread to write my opinion the thread had been closed, and now deleted.

TBH I was still trying to work out how I felt about it......and after observing the fall out and media coverage the one thing that seemed to stand out was the constant excuse making by her and others. Not to mention the fact that she has placed all three of her children at risk.

Perhaps it was neglectful of me to start a thread I could not monitor - but I did ask for people's thoughts and opinions, and eventually wanted to express my own.

Unfortunately the thread got aggressive and personal, and was closed deleted. So yeah, maybe many of you think too bad I missed the bus - but I just wanted to express my opinion. Simple

P.S Thanks for being polite about it
    Fair enough I've started a thread before, has some family issues and not logged for 12 hours to find it had turned pear shaped very quickly and been closed. I guess I was just wondering given the thread was open for quite a while why you hadn't been back to contribute, so thanks for replying.

In regard to the topic, I just think she has been punished enough. It's pretty clear this has torn her life apart so I believe she has paid for her mistake. As I said in the other thread, as parents we all make mistakes. The only difference is our face isn't in the media to jump on all those bad decisions.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-02-2013)