Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Haha London have you just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use that pic???

I'm so over hearing about this. WHO CARES?? It's her life just cos she's slightly famous everyone wants to weigh in on it, my neighbor down the road smoked while pregnant should I call the newspapers???? I'm a smoker and quit the minute I found out, for me it turned out to be pretty easy but I didn't think it would be. Staying quit however was a struggle and after I finished breastfeeding I started again. Just leave the poor woman alone.....she's only human.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've stayed out of this mainly because I can't believe this is news.

After watching what I just saw about women in Pakistan having acid thrown in their faces by their own husbands, this is what I'm angry about. Chrissie Swan smoking a dart or more doesn't rate on the anger scale for me.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013),Bubbles10  (10-02-2013),delirium  (10-02-2013),jellybeanicecream  (10-02-2013),Me&MrMagoo  (10-02-2013),misskittyfantastico  (10-02-2013),MsTruth  (10-02-2013),shelle65  (10-02-2013),Tildy  (10-02-2013),~Marigold~  (10-02-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Haha London have you just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use that pic???
    Tehehe no but it was kind of the same confused face I pulled when I read that line so I figured it works. Says more than my 'huh? really?' post would of.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly think that the people showing sympathy for her do not condone her actions but are just trying to counteract the brutality of the media. Just look at what happened with those two radio presenters that made that prank call. They ended up going into hiding for their own safety and ended up seriously depressed. I think people just dont want that to happen with a pregnant lady. Any regular person that smokes while pregnant may encounter outrage from people but not the entire world with the whole embarrassing thing being publicised and rehashed over and over again by people who know nothing about her. I really dont think anyone thinks smoking during pregnancy is negligible, just that what she did is not worth her being villified nation wide at the risk of her mental health.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013),bpac  (10-02-2013),gizmoduckus  (11-02-2013),αληθη  (10-02-2013),Rutabaga  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default I am angry at Chrissie Swan!!!

People that can't have compassion for others who fail when they try to do something annoy me much much more than those who fail when they try to do better.

You quit cold turkey twice. Good on you. So did Chrissie Swan. Twice. Third time it just didn't happen. So regardless of your high and mighty nonsense, she did just what you did... She quit with her first two. For whatever reason, she failed to quit a third time. One measly smoke a day. I hardly think that warrants the kind of nastiness she's copping from the arrogant.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 10-02-2013 at 22:09.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

babyla  (10-02-2013),beebs  (11-02-2013),bpac  (10-02-2013),Bubbles10  (10-02-2013),gizmoduckus  (11-02-2013),misskittyfantastico  (10-02-2013),Roopee  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I've stayed out of this mainly because I can't believe this is news.

After watching what I just saw about women in Pakistan having acid thrown in their faces by their own husbands, this is what I'm angry about. Chrissie Swan smoking a dart or more doesn't rate on the anger scale for me.
    Agreed, many women do much worse than this during pregnancy. I've looked after a baby whose mother drank a six pack of beer a day, one whose mother was a heroin and cocaine addict and a mother who gave her newborn vegemite and water rather than formula. A ciggie a day may not be something to be proud of, but does not deserve all this attention.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't believe she only had one a day

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (11-02-2013),Mummy pig  (11-02-2013),PR2bMum  (10-02-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I don't believe she only had one a day
    No one will its her word against everyone's. unfortunately. I would like to think that if I admit to something I am believed. She is being dragged through so much for something some pregnant mothers fight with all the time. To add another stress such as being a lier can not help the situation. Only hurt it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-02-2013)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Sassy, you're the one who is coming across as high and mighty. I never said I was better than Chrissie......I 'm just angry that she put all of her children at risk. Her two children that travel in that car she had her sneaky cigarettes in and the child growing inside her.

As for being arrogant......pot calling the kettle...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Oh Sassy, you're the one who is coming across as high and mighty. I never said I was better than Chrissie......I 'm just angry that she put all of her children at risk. Her two children that travel in that car she had her sneaky cigarettes in and the child growing inside her.

As for being arrogant......pot calling the kettle...
    I'm not sure what you want? You're angry, I get that, but what do you want out of this thread? Just a vent?

I smoked for 8 years - up to two packs a day and I LOVED it. I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant with my first in 2005 and never smoked again. I feel really grateful that I was able to stop. Many simply can't.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast