Closed Thread
Page 98 of 155 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Hi ladies, check in time .
    I'm doing ok. Very tired and quite unwell. Apparently it's common to have nasty coldsores after spinal morphine (which I had) so half of my chin is covered in huge itchy blisters

My stomach is still very swollen and sore and I currently look about 5 months pregnant which is lovely and I have to literally carry my stomach around when I walk because it's so sore. But I'm not walking much if I'm honest. It just plain hurts too much. I had a wound drain put in when I had the c-section and unfortunately it got firmly stuck in the couple of days before it was removed.

When it finally DID come out after several yanks by one midwife, it was agonising. DH was sitting with me when the midwife with the least amount of empathy IN THE KNOWN WORLD came in to remove it and he said that he's never heard me yelp like that ever.
    I've heard that noise come from me once before in my life and it was when I dislocated my elbow.

Obviously it had to be done but wow. So I've been having a bit of trouble when it comes to healing but I'm getting there slowly . Flynn is doing great although we had a very rough night last night. Bub just wanted to be held all night. Petty troublesome for me because my wound won't let me move properly.
    Ahh well, we're getting there
    Oh Eko - sounds horrible!
    I had emergency surgery last year on my stomach and intestines and they needed to cut from chest down to my belly button and the pain and gross feeling of my swollen stomach almost put me off pregnancy.
    Hope Flynn is settling in to the outside world xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko that sounds terrible, hope you recover quickly and the pain goes away.

Just a question for you ladies. I know its normal to want to eat frequently during pregnancy. What about losing your appetite, is that at all normal? I had nearly no appetite for the first 18 weeks, then it came back for a little while and now its gone again. I am forcing myself to still eat every day but don't know if that's the right thing to do either?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eko - wow how horrible I hope you're on the mend now and your recovery is quick so you can look after your boys.

Toni - I know Im only early on, but I have very little appetite and am having to force myself to eat. Initially I was hungry but now even though Im not so bloated, I feel so full all the time, Im even having to force fluids in. Remember, bubs will always take what they need (they are #1), you get the leftovers Im sure bubs is fine.

Choccie - sounds like bubs might be engaging?! How exciting!

AFM - We 1st OB appt round 2 tomorrow... (will get the time right this time haha!) so nervous, just want to see bubs happy in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was saying to someone the other day Toni that I don't think I am eating anymore - maybe less! But I go from nothing to intense hunger and need to eat immediately.
    The most annoying thing is that I never know what I want to eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    I was saying to someone the other day Toni that I don't think I am eating anymore - maybe less! But I go from nothing to intense hunger and need to eat immediately.
    The most annoying thing is that I never know what I want to eat!
    I know I have not eaten as much as I have lost weight. I never know what I do want to eat, I've had no cravings at all. Its all very strange and not what I expected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Eko - wow how horrible I hope you're on the mend now and your recovery is quick so you can look after your boys.

Toni - I know Im only early on, but I have very little appetite and am having to force myself to eat. Initially I was hungry but now even though Im not so bloated, I feel so full all the time, Im even having to force fluids in. Remember, bubs will always take what they need (they are #1), you get the leftovers Im sure bubs is fine.

Choccie - sounds like bubs might be engaging?! How exciting!

AFM - We 1st OB appt round 2 tomorrow... (will get the time right this time haha!) so nervous, just want to see bubs happy in there
    Yep bub is definitely engaged 3/5th at the midwife app last Monday, wasn't expecting that being second baby... Scary!

Good luck with ur ob app tomorrow!!

Back to the daily grind tomorrow, after the 8 hr drive home I'm not too keen to head to work lol... 4 day week is a bonus that's for sure, plus only 2 weeks and 4 days of work left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for not being around. Been crazy hectic trying to get nursery done this weekend and we STILL need to so another coat of paint, why oh why did we decide ti try paint a feature wall :S

Congratulations Eko! Flynn looks absolutely gorgeous. Makes ne super clucky for my little one to arrive. Sorry to hear the recovery isn't going the best though.

I was just looking at the list, my due date is actually the 15/05 and we too are having a girl

Yay for being engaged Choccie, hopefully means bub is on the way sooner rather than later.

We have our two week followup scan tomorrow. Hoping she is still maintaining her lag and hasn't dropped her growth. I want to meet her desperately but would much rather her be a good size and age where she doesn't need special care.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fx mickeymouse that bub has had a growth spurt!

Has anyone experienced snot like discharge in early preg? I've got the usual white milky stuff but I've noticed on occasion globs here and there that look like snot- stretchy like EWCM but an off white colour. It doesn't smell or anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow I had it a lot of that in about the first 15 weeks. It was off white almost had a yellow tinge. I'm guessing its normal..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko that sounds so painful! You poor thing. I'm glad little Flynn is doing well