Closed Thread
Page 77 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    rainbow - How nice is that of your mum? Prams are huge expenses. I had an el cheapo from Kmart for DS and it didn't last very well at all AND it tipped over while he was in it at about 3 months! I got a much better one this time for that very reason.

maybee - Good to hear that bub has been so active It's great when they start wiggling like mad. When it comes to maternity clothes if I'm honest I'm a bit of a tight @rse lol. I couldn't justify spending a lot of money on clothes that I wasn't likely to wear again so I bought myself a heap of size 16 pants with drawstrings (for the waist line! lol) and I bought a half a dozen maternity singlets. Otherwise I've just bought larger sizes rather than buying maternity as it seems to be heaps cheaper that way.

J37 - Just start buying larger sized outfits *grin*. You can never have too many! Unless you have a maid who constantly does your laundry for you that is.
    I'm a bit like you, it took me a while to come around to the fact that we're having another boy and I was pretty depressed about it for a while because DH and I both desperately wanted a girl. But now that he's nearly here even though I haven't met him yet I couldn't imagine this bub as anything other than our baby boy . I'm really happy to have finally gotten to that brain space because I was so worried that I would have trouble bonding with him once he got here.

Loony - Such a cute little bump you have there

2012mumma - It's so weird when you feel those first bumps and nudges and you're not sure if it's bub *chuckle*. I felt this bub VERY early (about 16 weeks I think) but that's because I knew what to expect.

Choccie - Oh... My... Gosh. I thought my cankles were bad! That looks SO uncomfortable you poor thing Sometimes I feel like the skin on my feet will split and they're nowhere near as bad as yours. That must really hurt

ToniS - I had stacks of pain around my ribs and sides around where you are. I think it was because my posture was changing to accommodate for the weight of the bub and as a result muscles were getting strained. My sleeping position wasn't the best either if I'm honest :/

Lil Smurfy - How nice of your MIL! A baby monitor is one of the few things I need to get yet, but sheets and blankets are probably the one thing that are just plain invaluable I never seem to have enough. But given that a friend gave us just about everything we could possibly need for this bub I know what you mean about not having to pay for it. It was honestly like we'd won the lottery and we didn't even have to do the shopping to buy the stuff! The most I had to do was unpack it and I still haven't really got a good idea of what's actually in there because there's so much stuff. Manchester, toys, clothing... It's nuts!

dream girl - I'm doing ok *chuckle*. I managed to cop the virus that DS and DH have had and of course all I can take is panadol. Painful. But other than that random sessions of BH contractions keep me entertained. Lol. 3 months until maternity leave, I hope it flies for you!

FTM - Emotional? I can't watch The Biggest Looser without tearing up! And I've been extraordinarily snappy at DH and not even caring. Normally when I'm a bit off the rails I'll apologise later but not at the moment. I just take a chunk out of him and scowl at him for the next hour. He understands thankfully but it's disconcerting because I don't like being unreasonable, let alone being unreasonable and not CARING that I'm being unreasonable. That's totally out of the ordinary for me.

FelH - I don't tend to buy too many things online but I have been making use of Target's online laybuy system lately. It's so handy to just pay a bit off each fortnight and then suddenly when it's paid off it feels like you're getting stuff for free when you go to pick it up hahahahaha!

waiting - Awww go ooooon. If I had the energy I'd definitely go to an expo *grin*. I haven't this time because there hasn't been anything near us but it's great to get samples etc.

Bond Girl - Getting the nursery sorted is always a big sigh or relief. I know once I had everything set up in there I felt much better. I'm just waiting for our change table now and we'll be good to go. That's not going to arrive until probably a week or two after bub is born which means DS will be doing a lot of nappy changes (as sitting on the floor to do them after a c-section is going to be pretty rough) but otherwise we're all set

AFM - Gah. Definitely caught that virus. I feel like I'm seriously hung over but without the satisfaction of knowing that I had fun the night before. It's so depressing!
    Achy joints, headache, and generally feeling like an elephant is sitting on me. DH took care of DS this morning which let me sleep in for another couple of hours. SO nice of him considering he didn't get to sleep until 2am because he's feeling just as yuck.
    My sister gets here tomorrow and the house looks like a bomb site. I just can't face cleaning right now but I really need to do it. Uuuuuuuuuuugh...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive done a few laybuys through targets online laybuy too. Such a good idea!
    Thats a bugger you caught that virus although its better you got it now rather than next week! Take some panadol and try and rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eko, I hope you feel better soon.

As for hormones, apart from the odd bout of crying, I haven't been too bad. Only snapped at DH once, and he gave me the silent treatment afterwards. I don't think he quite gets that hormones are crazy and I'm bound to be emotional or moody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Thanks bond Im loving next direct! They even have lipsy
    I know, right! Such cute stuff. Buying a few things from there for my baby girl. And the ladies clothes are good too. They have some maternity stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Sounds horrible bond

Well I got bloods done (rubella antibodies etc- all the usual preg bloods) and got the referrals for my Nt scan and my morph scan.

Will be doing shared care with my GP so I'll go back after my scan at the clinic to go over first trimester screening details and such.

He's bulk billing all my appointments which is awesome.
    Whoo hoo for bulk billing! lol

Eko- hoping you feel better very soon! Sure your sister won't mind the messy house and will understand and tidy up for you.

Well I am leaving work now and off to a friend's for a BBQ tonight which will be fun. Missing out of the work social because of it but they'll be another in 2 weeks so will go then.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, in case I don't get a chance to get on here due to packing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    quick update from me - was in ed for the second time this week tonight. I have been having extreme pain anyways so tonight they did a quick ultrasound to discover i have a low lying placenta and that the pain must just be round ligament pain. can i please meet this person who created the lie it is just mild discomfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post
    quick update from me - was in ed for the second time this week tonight. I have been having extreme pain anyways so tonight they did a quick ultrasound to discover i have a low lying placenta and that the pain must just be round ligament pain. can i please meet this person who created the lie it is just mild discomfort.
    That is unfortunate hopefully it's moves further up throughout the pregnancy :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post
    I'm sorry your in pain it's never nice! Will you be in bed rest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie - I will never complain about my kankles again. Mine are nothing compared to yours!

Thanks everyone for the shopping tips. I bought some things from asos and will check out target, aldi and ozsales for more.

Dream girl I have back pain too. A massage helped. Sitting all day at a desk does not help. I was advised to get up every 20mins. Hope the chiro helps you.

Rainbow I'm doing shared care too. Yay for bulk billing. Sounds like all is going well for you. How is your DP coping with it now?

2012mumma hope your pain eases up soon.

I'm officially in the third trimester now! 3 months until I'm due.

Enjoy the weekend ladies!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (23-03-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yay for third trimester maybe bay bee!!

2012mumma, my bestie had a low lying placenta, but hers moved up and wasn't In the way by the time she gave birth

I bought a maternity bra today. My boobs are already a 10GG so underwire is killing me right now.

Woke up with no symptoms and started to panic, then had a nap and since I woke up, have felt so sick!

Also went on the birth centre tour today, was fab. Will definitely birth there if I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybee, yay for the third trimester!! What week do they consider 3rd trimester?