Closed Thread
Page 76 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FTM, I craved cheese and tomato toasties and hot chips for all of my first trimester and also got told I was having a boy, based on that. Apparently not.

Choccie, your feet look so sore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    FTM, I craved cheese and tomato toasties and hot chips for all of my first trimester and also got told I was having a boy, based on that. Apparently not.
    I Craved cheese and tomato toasties and had a girl too!

Choccie - Ouch ur feet!!! A good excuse to sit and do nothing I say

J- great to hear u sounding happier

Eko- not long now! Hope everyone is feeling ok

Dream girl - hope ur back doesn't give u too much grief

Afm- might go check out the baby and pregnancy expo today if I feel up to it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't worry ladies my feet arent sore as such just annoying and tight!
    I wish I could rest more waiting but working full time with a toddler, husband, cat and dog there is not much time to rest after work, housework, washing, cooking and cleaning!!! 3 more weeks of work and then I might be able to, I have a funny feeling that this baby will be early too and I have nothing organized lol! Eeeekkk!
    My main priority atm is to try and find someone to look after DD when I go into labour, all our friends work an we have no family close by :/
    Last edited by Chocciequeen; 22-03-2013 at 10:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waiting, have fun at the expo, if you go. I'm going on Sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know what the expo is like ladies. The Sydney one is on in May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    Let us know what the expo is like ladies. The Sydney one is on in May
    Ohh I was wondering when the Sydney one was on. I would probably already have had bubs by the time it's on. Boooooo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    I hate that seems so unfair we pay so much more for things over here
    I have found this really hard to get used to since moving from the UK. But then the wages are also more here so it's all relative. But there are some things I still buy from the UK due to price difference. For example, I just bought an Epi No perineal massager/stretcher thing on recommendation from my midwife. As she said this might also encourage me to go into labour naturally avoiding induction. Here it is $189. UK it is 90 pounds (about $140). So asking my mum to send it over for me.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Impressive bump looneylea!

I seem to have expanded considerably this week. I am struggling to find clothes to fit me! Can anyone recommend some places to buy basics like black pants, bottoms and tops???
    Do you have an Aldi near you? Their latest offers catalogue has some maternity tops and leggings in it, plus bras, for really cheap prices and their stuff is good quality. I also echo the comment about ASOS. Got loads from there when I lived in the UK and pregnant with DS.

2012Mumma- I felt movement this time with bub #2 about the same time as you- 15 weeks or thereabouts right? Didn't believe it at first as seemed so early, but then my placenta is at the back so no cushioning!

Choccie- OMG your feet look so sore! Feel bad for you hun
    We have a similar issue about who is going to look after DS when I go into labour, but only if it happens early. My mum is arriving from the UK when I am about 38 weeks. So as long as baby doesn't come too early we'll be fine. But we also need a back up plan for if she does make an early appearance. Our closest friends here are going to Asia in the month before I'm due so that puts a spanner in the works! There are many other friends who would help but it's if DS would be happy staying with them and would they know his routine etc? Very hard to think about. I hope you get something arranged.

Dream Girl- hope the chiro can help you out with your back and the pain improves!

Rainbow- good luck at the GP! Our 'yellow books' here in the ACT are white, but assuming it's the same thing!

FirstTimeMummy2012- So sorry you've had car trouble! last year we had something similar, cost us close to $4k to fix but if we didn't fix it we'd lose $10k we paid for the car! So no choice but to get it sorted. It depleted our savings big time. Really sorry to hear you've got this with all the expense of preparing for baby too.

J37- So glad you're enjoying the thought of having a girl now. I am trying to buy things that aren't pink, as already been given so much pink stuff! Bought some orange, purple, blue and green clothes the other day- still nice and girly.

Fel- A good website for really cute baby clothes is nextdirect.com.au. It's an Aussie version of a UK shop and the stuff is very good quality. They have some adorable things. I bought loads of stuff for my little boy there when he was born. It's also free delivery.

AFM- Just recovering from a really bad gastroparesis episode and gradually eating more. Bad storm here last night which woke DS up so DH had to go in with him as I was too sick to lie down flat with him. But slept well which is always good. Ordered my new changing bag and Epi No from the UK. Only a few more bits to get now! Can't wait to get moved into our new house next weekend and sort the nursery out!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 22-03-2013 at 10:37.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you are feeling better today Bond

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bond Im loving next direct! They even have lipsy

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sounds horrible bond

Well I got bloods done (rubella antibodies etc- all the usual preg bloods) and got the referrals for my Nt scan and my morph scan.

Will be doing shared care with my GP so I'll go back after my scan at the clinic to go over first trimester screening details and such.

He's bulk billing all my appointments which is awesome.