Closed Thread
Page 71 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ob has been telling me to get the flu shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never have the flu jab and not about to either! Even though doc recommended it its not something I think I necessary, I very very rarely get sick, I didn't even have a cold last year and prefer for my body to fight it all by its self! That's just my opinion though and each to their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wow hard to keep up! Ok catchup time...

Welcome Shelby and 2012mumma

MissFaery - you have amazing strength. I am so glad you are now ok and that bub is still safe on the inside.

Eko - I am so excited you get to meet you bub next week! I am so sorry that your family is sick.

Love the belly pic chocciequeen! I like all your names but my favourites are Asha and

MissXamA - I red "Up the Duff" during my first pregnancy its a nice lighthearted pregnancy book compared to some others

FelH - so glad your BP is behaving, let's hope it doesn't go up in the 3rd trimester. I love having an ob too. Mine will do a scan every app if I ask him to as well.

FTM - sorry work is stressing you, just think in a few weeks you will be on leave

Rainbow - I really hope time passes quickly until your first scan. I agree with other you never stop worrying but it is so reassuring seeing the heartbeat for the first time.

LilSmurfy - my bub reacts when I rest things on my lap, it keeps trying to kick them away.

MaybeeBaybee - so jealous of your pregnancy massage. I would love to know how it goes as I am thinking of treating myself to at least one before bub arrives.

Sorry Bondgirl no idea about worming kids.

AFM - I am planning to get the flu shot on the recommendation of my ob. I got the flu last pregnancy at 36 weeks and it knocked me around quite bad. I was pretty much bed ridden so I want to avoid that this time if possible. So tired right now. DH is away till late Friday and my DD seems to really notice he is gone. She is usually a perfect sleeper but the last few nights has been waking up for a cuddle at least 4 times a night...so tired! Apart from that I have an ob app on Friday and have to do the 1hr diabetes test.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Welcome to the newbies! Good to see some fresh faces in this thread I'd do some personals but honestly I just don't have it in me at the moment.
    Everyone in the house is sick, and DS has two cold sores that have come up in the last 12 hours.
    I've been putting some cream on them but honestly how much does the poor little guy have to go through? Ah well, I should take solace in the fact that he doesn't get sick very often. I just have to hope that his cold sores are well and truly cleared up by the time the newbie comes home. Happy days!
    Eko - have you used for DD the immune system booster? God the brand name escapes my mind but its the one that's held in the fridge at the chemist... It's a powder you add to oj or whatever, anyways I use it on DS of she starts antibiotics or is run down as it helps build their immune system from the inside out, or the kids vitamins? ... Just a thought
    I have to keep DS pumped up with vitamins as she is at full time day care and can collect everything! I find the vitamins help keep it at bay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Whoops forgot to say welcome to mumma2012 in my last post!

Another medical question if J comes on in addition to the worms! I am meant to have on flu jab at work tomorrow but DH is saying i shouldn't have it as not proven safe for bub. Midwife wasn't really sure, so now I am confused as thought I heard pregnant women should have it to avoid flu
    In answer to your first question, yes, pregnant women are definitely susceptible to the flu, and yes, the medical profession recommends all pregnant women have it (unless contraindicated). It protects you and bubs.
    Secondly, kids can and do get worms, especially around pets and other kids. They usually complain they "have an itchy bum", but then again, this could be for many reasons! Good handwashing practices, and prophylactic Combantrin, is a good idea if you have pets around kids. And the chocolate squares are very easy to get them to take (the kids, not the pets)!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks J and everyone else for the advice. I will get my flu shot this morning.

I think as Toby has no signs of worms, just some night waking, I will not worm him unless more symptoms appear. And the last two nights he's been great which has meant i feel human when i go to work!

Have a good day everyone!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooooo boy. I swear, it's like the bad luck bug has just steamrolled this house. Rant incoming!

I'm really worried, DS was throwing up the day before yesterday and I kind of shrugged that off as typical young child illness. I remember being sick enough a few times when I was little to vomit and didn't think anything of it.

But last night DH was throwing up as well. Clearly we have a wonderful virus in the house. Which is awesome. I'm feeling rather ill myself (although not throwing up ill thankfully) but I'm really getting anxious about us all being sick so close to bub being born .
    We're poor as church mice at the moment because all of the bills came in at once. Again. Of course. So I can't even get basics like panadol. Thankfully I had the foresight to get some toddler panadol when I got paid last week and I have a pretty good stash of medicines like robutussin etc. for DS but of course I can't take any of it *chuckle*. And DH being a man, is sick but won't take any of the various medicines that I have stashed away. Why do men do that?! I need him healthy to help take care of DS (and me *whimper* lmao) and he won't do anything to help that! Silly men!!!! Lol.

So basically a week out from having our bub and I'm pulling my hair out with stress. Oh, and to top it all off my sister gets here in 2 days which will be awesome... So long as she doesn't get sick too. Because if I have another person freshly sick in this house I'm going to loose... my freakin... mind...

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no Eko that doesnt sound fun at all I really hope everyone gets better asap and you dont catch it

Had my 2nd scan yesterday, bubs has had a growth spurt and is back on track for dates (8 weeks yesterday). Hb 162bpm. The FS said the sonographer did see a reason for my bleeding but didnt tell me as she wanted the FS to double check but it all seems to have resolved and no sign of any fresh bleeding **phew** Off to the drs to get my referral to the OB today. Might try to get a script for Maxalon cos the all-day-and-all-night nausea is killing me, so much worse that with DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Re: the flu shot. I don't think I'll be getting it. I never have in my life so probably won't need it. Having said that, what's the bet I wind up with a killer flu when I finish up work???

Lilpetal, good luck with the GD test. I had to do the two hour one and it was torture. The syrup made me sleepy and I was seriously almost falling off my chair from the major micro sleeps I was having! Thankfully my results were perfect but I have been really looking after what I eat so I kinda expected the results to be good

Eko, you poor thing. I just want to give you the biggest hugs It's so not fair that everyone is so sick when bubs is just around the corner but look at it as a clean out before bubs arrives. Once bubs is home, everyone will be much better and the bug/virus will be gone from your home and DH will have the energy and will to take care of you!
    Waiting, yay for bubs being on track and a perfect little heartbeat
    Boo for the nausea. I know how horrible it is as I had it all day and all night from week 6 to about week 20. I found Maxalon did nothing for me and had to take the Zofran but I really hope the Maxalon does it for you

Not much to report here. I scored the most awesome stash of baby clothes yesterday from a contractor doing some work at my place of work. He saw I was pregnant and approached me and asked if I would like some clothes and a rocker as his last grandchild is now too old for the rocker and the clothes. He brought it in the next day and OMG there is eaily about 100 pieces of baby girl clothes all sizes 0 and 1 and 2 which I had none of so it comes in sooo handy and some still had tage on them! There's Sprout, Pumpkin Patch, Bonds and heaps of other brands so I'm really happy with the score. We already have a swing chair but the bouncer/rocker will come in handy to have at the in-laws home and it's in brand new condition. Looks hardly used. I'm very happy with the scores
    31 + 4 today and boy am I feeling it. I'm positively exhausted all day every day but I'm not complaining (well maybe a little!). I'll take the suffering for a healthy bubby in exactly 8 weeks time!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think I'll get the flu shot either. I've never had flu before.

5 weeks today!!! No more spotting or anything. Boobs are getting sorer by the day, and veiny! And this morning I feel felt off. Still do, hoping a cheese and tomato toasty helps me.

I'm absolutely exhausted. Getting up at least twice a night to wee. Sometimes I really can't be bothered and wonder if DP would notice if I went in bed.