Closed Thread
Page 70 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I have an anterior placenta too.
    Me too. Didn't really know what this meant though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Shelby! Really glad to finally see you here hun

Eko- sorry to hear everyone is sick! Must be nasty for your DS to have cold sores as they are so painful!

AFM- had my midwife appointment today. She said my uterus is a bit low for 20 weeks but then my pubic bone is low too and I have a long body so that would be why. I know bub is fine for dates from the scan last week.

She was great at giving me lots of tips for inducing labour on time so I don't need to be induced this time. Wants me on raspberry leaf tea from 28 weeks 3 times a day. Acupuncture from 36 weeks. Apparently fresh dates are also good! She also said the Epi No perineal massagers can help things start on time. All worth a try I guess. Anything to avoid another induction/c-section.

Does anyone know much about worming kids? Midwife said DS may be restless at night atm if he has worms. I have actually never heard of worming kids before. Just pets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots of chatting today. Hard to keep up.

Welcome shelby and 2012 mumma

Afm feeling bit stressed and very tired during the day but as soon as I go to bed I'm wide awake. Ah well 22 weeks 2morrow pic day to see how little bump is growing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond
    not to sure but have heard try googling "Combantrin" its got lots of info on website hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Congratulations Shelby! Really glad to finally see you here hun

Eko- sorry to hear everyone is sick! Must be nasty for your DS to have cold sores as they are so painful!

AFM- had my midwife appointment today. She said my uterus is a bit low for 20 weeks but then my pubic bone is low too and I have a long body so that would be why. I know bub is fine for dates from the scan last week.

She was great at giving me lots of tips for inducing labour on time so I don't need to be induced this time. Wants me on raspberry leaf tea from 28 weeks 3 times a day. Acupuncture from 36 weeks. Apparently fresh dates are also good! She also said the Epi No perineal massagers can help things start on time. All worth a try I guess. Anything to avoid another induction/c-section.

Does anyone know much about worming kids? Midwife said DS may be restless at night atm if he has worms. I have actually never heard of worming kids before. Just pets.
    Yes I worm DD about every 6 months for two reasons, one is we have a cat and a dog which could carry worms (even as much as u prevent it you never know) and two she goes to daycare! They are little bits of chocolate squares u buy from the chemist so of course she things they are great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Me too. Didn't really know what this meant though...
    Basically it means that the placenta if anterior is behind the belly button, in front of the baby and if posterior it is close to your spine, behind the baby.
    I was told by the doc it makes no difference where it's positioned for labour etc but the movements you would feel during pregnancy are less if anterior as the baby kicks the placenta first! Hope this makes sense and someone correct me if I'm wrong!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Antenatal classes booked today!!!! Wooooottttt!!! That made it all a bit more real!!

Welcome Shelby - glad to finally see you here! And hi mumma2012!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whoops forgot to say welcome to mumma2012 in my last post!

Another medical question if J comes on in addition to the worms! I am meant to have on flu jab at work tomorrow but DH is saying i shouldn't have it as not proven safe for bub. Midwife wasn't really sure, so now I am confused as thought I heard pregnant women should have it to avoid flu

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have an anterior placenta! I still feel pretty strong kicks throughout the day though and see them through my belly! I suppose they would be even stronger If the placenta wasn't there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it bond! My ob and GP telling me to get it so I did and it was fine I also asked a few midwives at work to make sure it was ok. Have a look on google there is some good information about it to read up on