Closed Thread
Page 63 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MissFaery that's incredible. Glad you are ok and bubs is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Hi everyone, long time no posts. I haven't read all the way back but great to see everyone is still here.

Well I've had a crazy month. I found out I have a melanoma on my eye.....I had blurred vision in one eye which we thought was just due to pregnancy. And 2 weeks ago I had my eye removed. I'm coping well and adapting to monocular vision. I'm focusing on the good news which is I'm ok now and so is bub! I'm 15 weeks and bub is helping me everyday realise the important things.
    I wanted to share my story in case anyone has any health issue.....get it checked out, it's better to get it early. I'm positive and know this is just a hurdle in my life, thankfully I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful family and friends and this amazing little baby!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this pregnancy journey. I am loving being pregnant even though the loss of the eye has been a challenge.
    My goodness Miss Faery what an inspiration you are!!! What a positive soul you are .. you just made me realise that we have SO much to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing what happened to you and I'm so glad you and bubs are doing great now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Miss Faery, you must be feeling very blessed right now that everything has ended well. Thank goodness that you, and therefore bub, are ok. Do you have a prosthetic eye?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Hi everyone, long time no posts. I haven't read all the way back but great to see everyone is still here.

Well I've had a crazy month. I found out I have a melanoma on my eye.....I had blurred vision in one eye which we thought was just due to pregnancy. And 2 weeks ago I had my eye removed. I'm coping well and adapting to monocular vision. I'm focusing on the good news which is I'm ok now and so is bub! I'm 15 weeks and bub is helping me everyday realise the important things.
    I wanted to share my story in case anyone has any health issue.....get it checked out, it's better to get it early. I'm positive and know this is just a hurdle in my life, thankfully I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful family and friends and this amazing little baby!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this pregnancy journey. I am loving being pregnant even though the loss of the eye has been a challenge.
    Wow so sorry about your eye but I'm glad you and bub is doing well and you seem to in a very positive way which is good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissFaery, I'm so sorry about your eye. You sound like you are coping well and have such a positive attitude. I'm glad you and bub are both doing well. Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, that's great about the extra money. What a bonus for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!! Sorry I have been MIA but have been super busy over the least few weeks!!

Congrats Rainbow!!! Now we just need a few more from the TTC thread!!

Everyone has really nice picks for names, we are still stuck on names and nothing really stands out dam it!

Afm - smooth sailing at 31+5 so nothing much to report. I did have a weird sensation in my pelvis area on Saturday while I was resting it woke me up and was a thud in my pelvis it was like a 'wtf was that' moment! Since then I have felt very heavy in my lower area and now the baby is always on and off my cervix which is very unpleasant! Any one have any suggestions as to what it could be? Have a mid wife app on Monday next week.....
    4 weeks until I finish work eeeek!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Choccie - sounds like bubby engaging?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbow road - I reckon the girls are right. When it's YOUR body it's so much easier to feel connected because it's happening to you. You can feel the direct effects because of course it's your body that's going mental haha. I'm sure that once your bub is big enough to feel from the outside your DP will feel like it's more real

Lil Smurfy - How are you doing atm?

Lil Petal - How are you, too? Still kicking?

Bond Girl - I love Autumn Rose too, I think it's gorgeous Although I also love Bethany Grace... Autumn Rose would be my first pick though. Awesome on the 3.5k bonus! I could so do with a windfall like that right now *sigh*

Nila - I'm glad you like the middle name Rose. I'm completely biased and love it. But it's MY middle name, so I would wouldn't I? *chuckle*.

MissFaery - Wow... Just... Wow. That's one intense month you've had! I told DH about what's happened to you (hope you don't mind) and he was just as stunned as me that you're able to be so positive. But then I pointed out to him that when I thought about it I'd probably be much the same because being able to have a baby whilst having a set back like that would certainly give you an opportunity to see that good things happen even when bad things do. I hope you recover quickly

ToniS - Hi there! 14 weeks to go today... So that means tomorrow you'll be in the 13s *grin*

FTM - I feel like I keep seeing posts from you and not asking how you're doing lol. Baby brain is killing me! How's your little bump going?

Chocciequeen - You HAVE been quiet haven't you lol. I had one of those thuds and it hurt SO much. For me it was just bub dropping quite enthusiastically. He shifts in and out of engagement but that was the first time that it happened so violently and man did it hurt. Bet you can't wait for maternity leave.

AFM - Someone pointed out to me that I'll be having this baby next week . I was like "Yay! 9 days! That's not long at all" but somehow next week seems so much closer than 9 days.
    Suddenly I'm wracked with "I'm not ready" and "there's still so much to do..." but really there isn't. I need to tidy our spare room for my sister as she gets here on Saturday and clean the house (she's a bit OCD and I just know that even though I'm very pregnant she'll expect a spotless house .

But realistically there's not much else to do other than that. So I might as well get my nesting going while I've got the energy heh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eko. I'm going well thanks. The hormones are getting the better of me at the moment, but I think hearing What MissFaery is going through, has put it all into perspective.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but do any of you who already have kids, or anyone else, have any tips to adjusting to being a stay at home mum? I am used to going to work, and am wondering how I'll cope without the constant adult conversation that i currently have.