Closed Thread
Page 46 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, how annoying about your in laws. Just tell them and let them suck it up. If you want to tell people, that's your right.

We found out the sex because I'm impatient, but also because I didn't want neutral stuff for bub. We have told DH's mum what we are having, she's gone out and bought stuff for bub but said she bought all neutral because we don't know for sure what we are having. 2 scans have said girl, so we're happy with that, but apparently she's not.

Then she asked if I was going to follow her family tradition and give bub a strange name. Just cos she and her daughter thought it was a good idea, doesn't mean I should have to. DH and I have come up with a name we love, and it's not strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    Wow FTM can't believe you only have 9 weeks to go! Looking forward to hearing about more babies arriving in this thread. When do you finish work?
    In 5 weeks! Yayyy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Petal- wow your DD is a good sleeper! That's a few hours more than my son seems to need, lucky you! I think that if she's that good at sleeping then moving her to a bed would only cause a temporary blip at most, then once she adjusted (if she even needs to, she might take to it fine) then she'd be back sleeping great again before you have the baby. But then again she is only 19 months, still really young so just wait until she feel comfortable with it. No rush, it's one of those scary milestones hence why I put it off until DS was 2 yrs 3 months!

Lil Smurfy- what does your MIL mean by 'strange' name? Like Broccoli or something?

Unfortunately my DH seems to feel that if his family doesn't want to know the sex then we should respect that, but what about respecting what I want which is being able to tell people in the method I choose? I don't care if they don't want to know, but don't stop me announcing it as I like! If I push the subject again though it will probably end up in some massive argument.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LilPetal: Will be in Vic for 12 days but 2 of those will be travel and 2 of those I have to attend class so really only 8 days of holidays.
    Glad your pain is getting better and that bub is moving heaps.

Bond Girl: Enjoy your scan, Hope you can get gender confirmed Pity about your husbands family. My MIL was like that but I never wanted to find out so it wasn't a problem.

FirstTimeMummy2012: 9 weeks, that will pass in no time! How exciting

LilSmurfy: Why does your MIL think she will have any involvement in the naming of your children? And what is a "strange" name?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time mum how exciting on only 9 weeks!!!
    Pregnancy this time around seems to be going very slow but in some ways it's good but I feel extremely heavy already I can't imagine at least another 4 months of this oh well gives me plenty of time to prepare myself for 2 newborns!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM - So exciting that you only have 9 weeks till bubs arrival!

Bond - all the best for your scan tomorrow! Make sure you post us pics

I'm booked in to see a chiropractor on Saturday cause my back has started to get sore and I don't want to let it get any worse. Hopefully it helps at least I'll get a nice massage!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dream girl For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice, Bond Girl. He found his way into our bed at 5.20am this morning, so the trial of leaving the door open is definitely at an end! I rocked him to sleep again tonight, and then put him to bed...I hope he stays asleep, because Mummy is very tired! But I am certainly not opposed to a bit of floor-sleeping if that is where he wants to be!

I am definitely getting more excited about the prospect of having a girl. To be honest, I was initially very overwhelmed and a bit disappointed. Not really sure why, but somewhat afraid I guess. But I seemed to have moved past that, and having a daughter now seems like a lovely prospect. And the girly aspect is a nice change. With Oscar it is all cars, trains, helicopters and planes!

I feel the same way Nila...already feel bulky and cumbersome at 27 weeks, and yet the time has suddenly slowed down. But I agree, it will give me more time to get organised and hopefully sort my son out before his sister arrives. But I am sure he will want me to "Put Back!" when she arrives (one of his favourite phrases these days, as in "put back" my dinner/new nappy/toothbrush when it's teeth-time, etc, etc!).

J.
    Last edited by J37; 13-03-2013 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had to share, we were at my dads for dinner tonight and dd announced that I have a fat belly because there's a baby in it.... Umm.... We haven't told her anything??!! And she had NEVER said anything like that before?!!! Freaked me out and I had to do some cover up quick smart!! Fx its a good sign though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Had to share, we were at my dads for dinner tonight and dd announced that I have a fat belly because there's a baby in it.... Umm.... We haven't told her anything??!! And she had NEVER said anything like that before?!!! Freaked me out and I had to do some cover up quick smart!! Fx its a good sign though....
    Sounds like a good sign. That's funny and cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Sounds like your DD is very in tune with the bubs in your tummy