Closed Thread
Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting if it were me I'd be going for the earlier scan too. As lil smurfy said there may be the chance that you will see something. Either way you will worry! Good luck whatever you decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, I'm with everyone else. I would go for the early scan to try and reduce my stress if nothing else.

Eko - I hope bubs decides to stay put until your schedule c section date!! Not much longer now

J - your shopping sounds like fun! Are you adjusting to the fact your having a girl now?

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

We are settled into our new place and I'm looking forward to decorating the nursery. I pick up all of my furniture on 23rd March & can't wait to assemble everything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting I would definitely go with the earlier scan! I had one at 6+3 and saw the heart beat. And im also impatient hehe

Eko Im passing time by watching daytime tv Ive also snuck out to the shops a few times to buy stuff for bub. Not missing work one bit to be honest. Ive also been feeling a thud on the cervix but i think its just a little foot! Hopefully your bub stays put.

J im glad you had a good weekend shopping I love all the little girl stuff!

everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks guys, I think I will go with the earlier one. Yes will be an internal one so can be done earlier. Will ring tomorrow. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting: Good luck with your scan. Hopefully you will be able to see bub

J: Shopping sounds fun.

Eko: Hopefully bub stays put until c-section date.

Dream Girl: Glad you are settled in. Have fun getting organised. I keep thinking about getting organised but it never gets past that stage haha.

FelH: Glad you are enjoying your forced time off.

Hi to everyone else

AFM: Had my Ob appointment today. According to last weeks scan bub is perfect. I have lost another 1 - 2kg in the last month but Ob is happy with how bub and I are going. Have my GTT in 2 weeks. Is that 2 or 3hrs? Ob also said the only thing I can do for my sciatica is get some physio. Guess I will just stay sore as I can't afford a physio 1 day of work left and then I head down to Vic for Uni and to see family

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko- hope that baby stays put until your cs date. Funny about feeling bubs move more this time. I also weigh less this pregnancy so maybe that's why I am feeling it more.

J -hope Oscar has a better night sleep tonight. I am thinking I will leave my DD in a cot until after the baby is born but my plan could just be delaying the pain of moving her.

Waiting - I agree with the others I would go for the earlier scan.At almost 7 weeks you would have a good chance of seeing a heartbeat.

Dreamgirl - so jealous of you settled n your new place. It is frustrating having t wait until I am 32 weeks pregnant to move and start to get everything for the baby organised.

FelH - glad you are enjoying your rest I think I would be the same and sneak off t the shops. Baby shopping is fun.

Toni - sorry you are in pain. How long are you in Vic for? Hope you enjoy the time with your family.

AFM - the pains I had on the weekend aren't completely gone but they are getting a lot better. Bub is moving a lot which is reassuring. I have been washing all of my DD 0000 & 000 clothes, quite a few of them are gender neutral which is good. Trying to wash all the clothes and blankets then pack them up ready to move so I have less to do when we get to the new place. Also started a box collecting things I need for my hospital bag. Feels good to get a bit organised.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    J- I have been through the ‘big boy bed’ change in the last month when we converted Toby’s cot bed into a toddler bed. He did better than expected at first but then a week after the change started to scream and constantly get up when we put him to bed at night. We had a stair gate on his bedroom door so we didn’t have to shut him in, he could still see out, and just went in every 5 mins to replace him into bed. He got out again straight away of course, screaming, but eventually calmed down, got the message and fell asleep. I just said “Bedtime Toby” each time I went in, didn’t engage in any discussion with him. It took a good week of this for it to stop, it was horrible, and one time he fell asleep on the floor just behind the gate where he had been standing! But now he’s going to bed good as gold, although still waking during the night a couple of times a week wanting us in there with him. But that’s another issue!

Lil Petal- I would move your DD to a bed before the baby comes while you can devote your energy to any dramas before you also have bub to think about too. How old is DD?

Waiting- I had my first scan at 6+4 and saw a heartbeat, so I would go for one.
    Fel- glad you’re having a relaxing time shopping and watching daytime TV!

Dream girl- also so jealous you are moved in and getting settled! We are still frantically house hunting, seeing another one tomorrow evening. Lovely that you are get the nursery sorted out, such fun!

Toni- sorry your sciatica is so bad, big hugs.

AFM- Back from a lovely weekend at the coast and got my morph scan tomorrow at 9am! Can’t wait to find out if the ob who scanned me at 15 weeks was right and I am having a girl! My husband’s family are being annoying and saying they don’t want to know the sex and just find out when it’s born. This was really hard last time I was pregnant with DS as everyone else knew and it was hard not to say ‘he’ when referring to the baby, we let it slip several times. Might be easier this time as now we are living in Australia not with them in the UK, so don’t speak/see each other so much! But I want to announce the sex on facebook to all my friends who I don’t see often these days and hubby says no! I am going to ask him if I can just block his family from the post, but he will probably still say no, just in case. So I will have to tell people to inbox me, just like last time, argghhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond girl how annoying about your DH's family! I'd be really cheesed off. It's your pregnancy so you shold be able to announce it any way you like. Grrrrr! Stuff like that makes me sooo mad!

Hi everyone

NOt much to report here. I can't believe I meet my girl in 9 weeks. It is CRAZY!! but awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bondgirl - my DD is 19 months. Her cot converts to a toddler bed and we have another one for the baby so we have the option either way. I think the thing that makes me most nervous about switching her to a bed is that her afternoon naps have always been so good. She sleeps 3 hrs every afternoon and then 12 hrs overnight and I worry that her day sleeps disappearing if we move her. How annoying with your in laws! When I was pregnant with DD we found out the gender but my father was adamant he didn't want to know so we kept the gender a secret from everyone. It made it so difficult I felt like I had to always watch what I said. This time we didn't find out the gender so it hasn't been an issue but keeping a secret like that was so hard.

Wow FTM can't believe you only have 9 weeks to go! Looking forward to hearing about more babies arriving in this thread. When do you finish work?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond Girl I have an aunt who's exactly the same. Insisted that I not tell her the gender of DS (or this one). Everyone else knew and she got cranky because my sister let slip last time.This time I don't know if someone has let slip this time but I was talking to a friend on FB and she said "He" and my sister sent me a message saying to remove it so that my aunt wouldn't see it. Sorry, not my comment and not my FB page that it was made on so I can't delete it! I could have asked my friend to but frankly I decided my aunt can get stuffed. It's my pregnancy and my baby and if I want everyone to know we're having a boy then that's just her problem to bury her head in the sand and avoid it.