Closed Thread
Page 36 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Hi Maybee...
    Firstly, if the bleeding was coming from the uterus, it almost certainly would have been visible on ultrasound. If the ultrasonographer could not see any free blood or evidence of a haematoma (blood clot), then I would be greatly reassured.
    Secondly, are you under the care of an OBGYN? If so, then I would ask him/her to examine the area. Probably not so urgent now you've had a nornal scan, unless the blisters are painful.
    In pregnancy, it is quite common to get little "varicose veins" of the vaginal wall and/or vulva, due to increased intra-abdominal pressure. Obviously I cannot diagnose the blisters without examining you, but a varicose vein of the vulva would certainly look like a "blood blister".
    Hope this helps.
    J.
    Thank you J. I am pretty certain the blood was only from this blister thing not anywhere else. I am doing shared care but my usual GP who is seeing me is on leave. Another GP did examine the area (and consulted with the obstetrician) but didn't say what the spots could be just that there were a few and no cause for concern. As soon as she saw blood near cervix she went into total concern for baby and put it down to a bleed (because the blister had stopped bleeding at this stage). After a bit of reading I think they could be varicose veins or angiokeratoma. I'm not overly worried about them but I'm the type of person who wants an explanation for things and how to fix it. Thanks for your advice J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil petal - congrats on the house. Moving sucks but it will be so worth it. Good on you for getting to gym 4x a week!

Bond - sorry to hear the place was sold. Trying to find a house is hard enough let alone having the worry while your pregnant. Fingers crossed the right place is just around the corner

Mickey Mouse - glad scan went well and you got some good 3d pics. How many weeks are you now?

Eko - how are you going today... Any better?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Thank you J. I am pretty certain the blood was only from this blister thing not anywhere else. I am doing shared care but my usual GP who is seeing me is on leave. Another GP did examine the area (and consulted with the obstetrician) but didn't say what the spots could be just that there were a few and no cause for concern. As soon as she saw blood near cervix she went into total concern for baby and put it down to a bleed (because the blister had stopped bleeding at this stage). After a bit of reading I think they could be varicose veins or angiokeratoma. I'm not overly worried about them but I'm the type of person who wants an explanation for things and how to fix it. Thanks for your advice J.
    It is certainly sounding more like varicose veins of the vulva, or similar. There is unfortunately nothing you can do to fix it, as such, however it should resolve once you have delivered. Just another one of the joys of pregnancy which nobody ever tells you about! (Along with the darkening nipples, for instance!). Hope you feel reassured, because it does sound like all is well.
    J x.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    maybe - Yay for your newbie in the family! That's so awesome and I can imagine that the cluckiness must be murder .

waiting - How are you? Any more bleeding? I'm hoping it's settled for you .

Quick hi to everyone else .

Just have to have a quick vent over a mega TMI. Oh my gosh... There is nothing worse in this world than late stage pregnancy constipation.
    Ok so I'm sure there are worse things but holy heck.
    Hey Eko; are you taking anything for the constipation? As you will remember, constipation is a real problem in the days immediately after delivery, and it is better to be "proactive" about it, than wait until you are in real strife. Your OBGYN will usually write you up for something to help after you have delivered, but in the meantime there is still plenty you can take. For instance, for a blockage "higher up", I would try lactulose syrup 30mL twice a day, plus 2 tablets of coloxyl and senna (both available at the Pharmacy). For a blockage "lower down" (if you are impacted, with hard faeces "stuck" in the rectum), then a Microlax enema will work wonders. They are very gentle, work in minutes, and can "unplug" the lower end, so that things start moving again. No point being too "bum-phobic" in these times, just squirt the Microlax up there and enjoy the relief!
    J x.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much to catch up on!
    Maybee blood is so scary! I'm glad your ultrasound showed no problems with bub
    Bond I'm sorry to hear they sold the house you wanted. Hope you find something you love even more soon xx

Lil petal congrats on the house

Mickey share some pics of your beautiful bub

afm I'm off work for good! Ob is worried about the Bp and protein and said its borderline pre eclampsia so she is going to monitor me closely. It's very scary but I have a lot of trust in her and I feel like I'm in very good hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow Fel. How long have you got to go? How's your work going to cope with that? At least your ob is paying close attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have 18 or so weeks so I need bub to cook a lot more! My Bp is still the same and she wants to make sure it doesn't get higher. It's all so confusing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fel I hope your bp goes down! What is your ob having you do are you on bed rest and stuff?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Fel thats a bit scary, I really hope your BP goes down. Please take it easy, rest up and try not to stress (easier said than done though!!)

Eko - I always take Benefibre (great cos you can put it in anything and not taste it) but during pregnancy Im EXTRA careful to remember because I know how bad the constipation is. I took it to the hospital with me when I had DD and made sure I drink lots of water (helps dilute that awful sting of peeing after labour too!!) to help to get things moving. Have you tried something like Benefibre or Metamucil?

Maybee - I hope the bleeding isnt anything too serious

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LilPetal - Oh, jealous of your holiday, that must have been lovely. I hate moving house while pregnant but at the same time it gives you the opportunity to nest to your heart's content

MickeyMouse - Good to hear your scan went well Try not to stress too much, bubs have a habit of not getting bigger for a week or two and then suddenly spurting and hitting the 'right' size. DS did it to me and this bub has too. It's a bit of a nervy time but it's not too uncommon *hugs*.

maybee - Varicose veins! That's what I remember people saying now. Thank goodness for J and her calming and well educated presence I feel a bit dim for not remembering that now, the second I saw her say that I thought "oh yeaaaaaah...". Braindead! *chuckle*. I'm feeling much better lately, thanks for asking. Now that I'm getting sleep that is haha.

J - I haven't taken anything as of yet, because if I'm honest I hadn't realised I was backed up until I tried to go. I'm going to start having psyllium husks at breakfast again, they really helped to prevent problems before. It was definitely a case of a lower blockage so now that it's cleared hopefully the husks will prevent it from happening again. I tend to drink at least 3L of water a day so I'm a bit baffled as to how I managed to get like that but preggo bodies will do weird things.
    But I've made a list of things to put in my hospital bag before the op because as you so rightly point out it can be pretty dire in the first few weeks afterwards. I was in SO much discomfort because of the painkillers causing it. I'm going to take a bag of prunes () some senna tablets, plenty of grain type museli bars and a couple of those fruit laxative bars for just in case. I'm hoping I don't need ANY of it but I'll have it there just in case. Although the prunes might get eaten anyway, I love them! I remember once when I was younger I ate a whole bag of prunes that mum had in the cupboard for baking. THAT was a bad idea .

FelH - Bugger about being off work so early, I've been going quietly nuts with only 6 weeks to go. 18 weeks of not having anything to do would drive me bonkers! I'm glad you feel well looked after though, that can make a huge difference

AFM - Not long to go now! I finally bit the bullet last night and put some 000 growsuits in bub's hospital bag. I hadn't done it yet because I thought that at 38 weeks it was unlikely he'd be bigger than a 0000 but my ob seemed convinced that he's quite long so we shall see *chuckle*.
    These last few weeks are murder. Partially because I want my body back and partially because I just can't wait to meet our little man.