Closed Thread
Page 32 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Seems to have worked a treat, thank you SO much for the suggestion J! Quick question though, it says on the box to only have two within 24 hours. I had 2 at about lunchtime and I feel like I should have more now because I can feel it starting to sneak up on me again.
    Should I wait until just before I go to bed at about 9pm? Or is it ok to take it earlier to keep the effect going all night?
    Sorry for late reply...it is perfectly safe to take an additional tablet of ranitidine within 24 hours, and so yes, I would suggest you do if needed. Ranitidine is a very safe drug, with very few side effects (I have never seen anyone have side effects in my practice), and is safe in pregnancy. Am very glad it's working.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I'm trying FTM GP just took my Bp and its down a bit! So I'm happy about that. And I got a free flu vax! Lol
    I hope your OBGYN explained that your BP needs to be over 140/90 before it is classified as elevated, and all your BPs have been well below that. BP varies significantly during the day, by as much as 20-30mmHg, depending on your arousal state. Plus elevated protein in the urine is very non-specific, could well be completely innocent. Sounds like your OBGYN is being very cautious, which is her job, so that's great. But please do not worry too much, as you are clearly in good hands. If a problem such as pre-eclampsia emerges, it can be dealt with. Modern Obstetrics is a marvellous thing. Ask your OBGYN questions if you are worried; they expect to be asked, and never feel embarrassed about asking.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you J I'm feeling heaps better. I'm hoping after having the week off its back to normal when she checks me on Tuesday! I have a feeling work wasn't helping my blood pressure either.
    Thanks again J I really appreciate your help x

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Sorry for late reply...it is perfectly safe to take an additional tablet of ranitidine within 24 hours, and so yes, I would suggest you do if needed. Ranitidine is a very safe drug, with very few side effects (I have never seen anyone have side effects in my practice), and is safe in pregnancy. Am very glad it's working.
    J.
    Last night, for the first time in almost a week, I did NOT wake up because of acid in my throat. I had the best and heaviest sleep I've had in ages.
    YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!! I still have some discomfort but it's more like the discomfort of my stomach being overfull (because it's been squished up with no space left) rather than acid in my throat and that's far more tolerable.

*happy sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko- so glad you got some sleep and the tablets worked! That sounded horrid.

Toni- hope those gall stones are doing better now! I heard pregnancy can cause flare ups, poor you.

FTM- nursery painting, so exciting! What colours are you going with? were you the one doing the owl theme or was that someone else?

Fel- sounds good your blood pressure is ok, must have been pretty worrying! I can't even remember what protein in urine means!

Well we were told yesterday we wouldn't hear about the house until after the weekend, which sucks. Hoped she'd process the application on Fri as this is what she'd indicted to us so now I'm worrying there's tons of applicants and we won't get it, despite getting ours in first! Very anxious wait. Just want to get settled somewhere and ready for bub.

DH's back is getting better and he is more mobile and able to help a bit more. Which is great. DS still being a little monkey at bedtime but bit better than he was so hope he's getting the message! Like you, J, I don't want him to get in a habit of coming in my bed. Did it once this week and won't again. He keeps asking but I say no. Using bribery to keep him in his own bed instead, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's bloody freezing in Canberra!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 02-03-2013 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J I must second the comments that having you around is very helpful. You are such a lovely person to share your knowledge. Thankyou xx

Eko yay for sleep. That must be a relief.

Bond I hope you hear first thing Monday. Waiting sucks. I would prefer freezing as you can always rug up. It'd hot sticky and horrible in Townsville

AFM up and in the shower again last night with gallstones pain. Need to keep a stricter eye on my diet (hard with cravings) its killing me today cause I am at work and just want to be home in bed zzzzzz

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eko, that's great that you slept so well.

Bond, that sux that you couldn't get an answer yesterday. Uncertainty is horrible. Hopefully you'll hear early Monday, that the place is yours.

Toni, I hope you feel better soon

J, I agree with the others. It's so great having you around. You always have such great advice

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. It really is my pleasure; happy to help where I can.
    J x.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (02-03-2013),FelH  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko- glad to hear u found something that's helping

FelH - I hope everything is ok. I know it's not wary but try to not stress

Speaking of trying to not stress I've had some bleeding again today.. Just hoping its not history repeating...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Eko- glad to hear u found something that's helping

FelH - I hope everything is ok. I know it's not wary but try to not stress

Speaking of trying to not stress I've had some bleeding again today.. Just hoping its not history repeating...
    I hope everything is ok. A lot of the ladies in here have had bleeding in their pregnancies, and their babies have been fine. Try not to worry (easy to say).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (02-03-2013)