Closed Thread
Page 27 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Toni you poor thing. Must be hard. Lots of rest and relaxation.

Ftm oh no restless legs. I don't have those yet

I'm doing my glucose challenge test
    Today. The green drink was so gross! Like drinking cordial. Yuck. Now the wait for the blood test in an hour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Good luck for your glucose challenge test.

What is restless legs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    What is restless legs?
    It's horrid!

Sleep problems: Restless legs syndrome during pregnancy

What it is

If you feel an uncontrollable urge to move your legs to relieve crawling, tingling, or burning sensations, you probably have restless legs syndrome (RLS).
    You're not alone. One study of more than 600 pregnant women found that over 16 percent reported symptoms of RLS.
    At the end of your rope? Need sleep? Find practical ideas that might work for you here: Coping with restless legs syndrome: Pregnancy advice from moms-to-be.

Symptoms usually show up when you're at rest, especially right before you fall asleep or when you've been sitting still for long periods, such as at the movies or during a long car ride. Most of the time, you'll feel the symptoms of RLS in your lower legs, but some women feel it in their feet, thighs, arms, or hands, too.
    Moving your limbs brings immediate relief, but the sensations return when you stop moving. Needless to say, this can be very uncomfortable and frustrating, especially when you're trying to sleep. If RLS keeps you from sleeping night after night, you could end up seriously fatigued.
    Fortunately for women who develop RLS during pregnancy, it's temporary. The symptoms typically peak when you're 7 or 8 months pregnant and disappear altogether by the time you deliver your baby or within a month afterward.
    What causes restless legs syndrome
    No single cause has been identified, but research is ongoing. In addition to affecting a good number of pregnant women, RLS affects men, children, and women who aren't pregnant. And it seems to run in families. For women who already have RLS, it usually gets worse during pregnancy.
    No one knows why women who've never had RLS develop it during pregnancy, but there are a number of theories. Iron deficiency, folate deficiency, hormonal changes (specifically a rise in estrogen), and circulatory changes are all possible culprits.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 03-02-2015 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sounds terrible. Hopefully you can find some way to get some sleep. Thanks for the information

Thanks
    Reviews
    Restless legs are horrible I haven't had them yet since falling pregnant but i get them regularly usually so don't like my chances!I ended up having to ring the hospital last night. I had 8 braxton hicks contractions in 30 minutes! The midwife told me its probably dehydration and to drink water and if they continue to go in.. Luckily after i hung up and drank water they eased off a bit. i see my ob this afternoon so hopefully she can give me some more answers!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for catch up time!

waitinghoping - Are you still exhausted? For some reason I was tired in early pregnancy this time but nowhere near as badly as with DS. I was falling asleep all over the place with him. With this bub I was just exhausted haha.

Lil Smurfy - I have to admit, I'm the body obsessed one in my relationship. To be fair I have to stay fit for work but I know that DH felt bad when I was going for 5km runs every second day and 10km runs on the weekend. I try to remind him that I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to but I guess it still bugs him a bit. Definitely sounds like you've been having BH contractions, I hadn't experienced them strong enough to feel them until this bub. It's a bit disconcerting!

J37 - I've decided I'm going to have a nice relaxing bath and shave my legs tonight. Not sure how I'll swing it, might wait until after MKR so that DS is in bed and doesn't want to climb in with me. I definitely feel hairy and yuck though :/ I need to wax my eyebrows too, but I think I'll leave that until next week or the week after. That way I won't have regrowth a couple of weeks later at the obligatory post-bub photos heh.

FelH - You have all my sympathy, before I went on maternity leave I was sitting down all day at my desk and I was flat out knackered. I don't know how you do it standing up and moving around a cafe all day. That would PROBABLY kill me. I don't think there's a "too many" when it comes to BH contractions, as long as they don't strengthen into real ones. I had a friend that had BH for a couple of days straight. SWORE that she was in labour (she was only 28 weeks) but monitoring showed it was just BH.

ToniS - I think going crazy is pretty normal when you're UTD. I get a little weird if I'm honest, and there's a few people that I have intentionally avoided because I don't want to get myself into trouble telling them what I really think of their behaviour when normally it wouldn't bother me or I'd shrug it off. I don't want to offend people so I've just gone all hermit crab.

SageS - Ugh, that glucose test is awful! I had the green one as well, when I did it for DS it was a lemonade type one and my friend got an orange flavoured one. I would have much preferred orange but I didn't get the choice of course. I had to wait for 2 hours for some reason, boring as heck. I was glad I took a book with me.

Nila - Yay for a boy and a girl That's so awesome because if you're having just one gender you seem to spot the opposite gender's clothing and go 'awwww... So cute! Can't buy it though" but you have the justification *chuckle*

MissXamA - Adorable little bub you have there ^.^ It's quite amazing to see how much bubs move at that much and not feel quite as much as they're moving. Very surreal early on Enjoy it now, soon you'll be where I am with your spine being forcefully readjusted from the inside hahaha!

Phwar, novel much? *chuckle*. Hello to anyone I missed

AFM - Not much has changed in the last few days. Still struggling to eat without acid in my throat, pretty much come to the conclusion that every time I eat I'm going to regret it heh.
    I missed a midwives appointment today, completely vagued on it so I'll have to give them a call and rebook. Not much has changed though so I'm not really sure whether or not I'll bother as I'll have an Ob appointment next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been put on bed rest my ob is worried that my blood pressure is too high for this stage of pregnancy. Just having some tests done now and I see her again in a week.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Fel That's no good. I hope they work out what's going on and can treat it for you, being on bed rest so early would drive me nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh fel! You poor thing. Take it easy. We will expect lots of posts from ur bed

Lil smurfy I had a call from my ob re glucose challenge test and have to do the extended test this week as my results were really high. Was a bit emotional initially but we just have to take one step at a time.

Eko going to take a leaf out of ur book and have a bath tonight! Maybe shave the legs too!

Afm Making a chocolate cake tonight for a friend. Havent licked a spoon at all. going to start a low gi diet till I know either way re gd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Fel, I hope everything is ok

Eko - Yeah I remember falling asleep every day as soon as I got home from work with DD. Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch while DD was watching Mr Maker Its more of a constant exhaustion atm and DD wears me out!!.