Closed Thread
Page 17 of 155 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStar View Post
    I had an episiotomy with Max, so about 2 weeks ago now. It was painful the first week, but some pain killers took care of most of that. Now I feel pretty good! I had to have one because with premmie babies the drs don't want to put much pressure on their heads, makes sense.

J- glad to have you back...

Max is still in special care, but he only has one tube now, for feeding, so makes it much easier to hold him! We are trying to get him on sucking feeds now. He is soooo cute!

I'm finding it a little hard to not be pregnant anymore. We both weren't ready! I didn't have any warm up time, if you know what I mean. He should still be in my tummy, i would only be 34 weeks today.

Maybe I need some reminders that being pregnant isn't the most comfortable thing around...Eko, you're the furtherest along, remind me!
    Glad to hear max is doing well!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Everyone

I have been a bit MIA and plan to catch up properly tomorrow but thought I Wuld come on here quickly before bed.

Glad to have you back J I was a little worried

So please to hear that Max is doing well Mylittlestar.

As for perineal massage well I did daily from 35 weeks with my DD not sure whether it helped as I had to have an episiotomy in the end (forceps delivery). I was so scared. of tearing or having to be cut last time but the episiotomy wound healed well so I am not as scared this time and probably won't bother with any massage as it was so uncomfortable to do.

Ok off to bed, back tomorrow for a proper catch up

Thanks
    Reviews

**furthest** I mean

Thanks for the well wishes
    Here is an updated pic, he's looking pretty comfy and now gets to wear clothes (teeny tiny ones haha).
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Lilpetal- one of my fears was a forceps delivery, lucky I haven't needed it with both. Dd i pushed for 1.5hrs, Max 20 mins.
    How was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Max is gorgeous!

Interesting to hear the perineal massage stories. It was encouraged by my hypnobirthing instructor and in the book I follow so did with DS but had a section in the end anyway. But did feel it made things a bit more stretchy. And after a few weeks I found the initial discomfort reduced.

For those that are still not sure what it is, you basically use your fingers to gently stretch/massage your perineum in a circular motion using oil or lubricant. Done daily is meant to help with birthing. I've got instructions but sure there must be some on the internet too!

Bit cross this morning. when discussing with a pregnant insomnic friend on Facebook about how she'll definitely get no sleep after the baby comes another friend of hers said 'That's not true my baby slept from 11-6 at 9 weeks'. Well good for you missy but that's not really the norm! Geez some people are annoying. This is why fb is bad sometimes!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

**furthest** I mean

Thanks for the well wishes
    Here is an updated pic, he's looking pretty comfy and now gets to wear clothes (teeny tiny ones haha).
    Aww, he's gorgeous!! I'm glad he's doing so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How annoying. Just because one person gets a baby that sleeps a lot, doesn't mean we can all assume that ours will.

I have my morph scan this morning. I'm hoping bub is nice and healthy and cooperative.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lilpetal- one of my fears was a forceps delivery, lucky I haven't needed it with both. Dd i pushed for 1.5hrs, Max 20 mins.
    How was it?
    Yeah I was the same. I remember walking out of birthing class after they discussed forceps delivery and telling my husband I would never allow myself to have one...fast forward to labour day with DD and I was induced at 38 weeks due to preeclampsia so it was hard going from the beginning. She turned posterior toward the end which made pushing difficult and caused her to become distressed. I was given the options of c section or forceps and was so exhausted I just asked them to try forceps. I was strangely calm at the time about the situation in that moment. I trusted my ob. Forceps were used and a few quick pushes she was out. She had a slight mark/bruise down the side of her face for the first 24hrs but it disappeared quickly and I recovered well from the episiotomy. I look back on it feeling really positive, giving birth to her was still my proudest moment even with the forceps.

Thanks
    Reviews

My little star - Max is so cute with his little arms stretched out!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe I need some reminders that being pregnant isn't the most comfortable thing around...Eko, you're the furtherest along, remind me!
    Ugh... SO MANY THINGS!!! Lmao! Swelling, not being able to eat more than a few mouthfuls without acid sitting in your throat for the next 3 hours, not being able to roll over without straining at least a dozen muscles, not having a LAP *chortle* I could go on and on!
    But honestly for all that I complain I'm really enjoying these last few weeks. Bub really hurts me with a heel dragged across my tummy every now and then and I swear it's more painful that it was with DS.

As a side note, found out today that you can apply for the FTB and baby bonus/parenting payments online up to 3 months before your bub is born. Didn't realise that! So I've done that today.
    Called up because I was paranoid about and aspect of the application and found out that CLink have an app now for smartphones that's really pretty schmick.
    On top of that, it has a 'capture' function so that you can take photos of documents and send it directly to them! Which means that because our application for the FTB and baby bonus is already in all I have to do is take a photo of the paperwork from the hospital confirming the birth of the baby and send it to them and the application will be processed.
    No standing in line for hours like I did with DS just to hand in one form and no having to constantly go back in when they muck it up. It took close to 3 months to have the application processed with DS because they kept making errors. I'm stoked!

Ok so cautiously optimistic. It's got to be better than having to wait around in a Clink office after a C-section with an infant and a pre-schooler heh.
    Last edited by Eko; 21-02-2013 at 13:28.