Closed Thread
Page 16 of 155 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

I'm starting aqua aerobics tonight. Time to get this body moving a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Is anyone dr getting round ligament pain? It's horrible! I have been getting it all week in my right hand side. Anyone have any suggestions to ease it?
    Unfortunately there is not much you can take. I would try regular paracetamol, and a heat pack. But it should ease with time, after the initial "stretching".
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I'm starting aqua aerobics tonight. Time to get this body moving a bit.
    Good for you! I am trying to walk every day during my lunch break and do swimming at the weekend. Started my pelvic floor exercises, which i hate and find hard, but still to start perineal massage! Bit yuck but worth it I think! Any one else gonna do it to prevent tearing?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Unfortunately there is not much you can take. I would try regular paracetamol, and a heat pack. But it should ease with time, after the initial "stretching".
    J x.
    Thanks J. It's only on the right hand side sort of around my hip bone and downwards. It was quite painful today at work doesn't help being on my feet all day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Good for you! I am trying to walk every day during my lunch break and do swimming at the weekend. Started my pelvic floor exercises, which i hate and find hard, but still to start perineal massage! Bit yuck but worth it I think! Any one else gonna do it to prevent tearing?

Umm what is perineal massage?

Sent from my HTC One S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mumgo has a sale today with a hospital bag pre packed with toiletries and a few other things, and they also have cheap maternity pads. I've ordered some, so at least I'll have the start of a hospital bag.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a look at the pre-packed bags before they were on mumgo, they seem to be a bit of a rip off if I'm honest! 6 nappies? I think I went through at least 12 on the first day lmao.
    They're a nice idea, but not practical enough IMO. I almost considered making pre-packed hospital bags to sell on ebay because I wanted to be able to buy everything in one hit but it worked out that you'd have to sell a heap of them to make it worthwhile.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I had a look at the pre-packed bags before they were on mumgo, they seem to be a bit of a rip off if I'm honest! 6 nappies? I think I went through at least 12 on the first day lmao.
    They're a nice idea, but not practical enough IMO. I almost considered making pre-packed hospital bags to sell on ebay because I wanted to be able to buy everything in one hit but it worked out that you'd have to sell a heap of them to make it worthwhile.
    Great business idea. Maybe you should do that and start selling them on here lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post

The jury is still out as to whether perineal massage actually prevents tearing. My sister used the "Epinoh", which is a balloon-device used to stretch the perineum; she tore anyway. Her OBGYN did warn her that it may not work. There is no harm in trying though!
    I wanted to go down the semi-elective episiotomy route with Oscar, as I knew he was going to be big...and I would have torn without it. My OBGYN then sutured the episiotomy incision, and it healed beautifully. A cut perineum heals "more neatly" than a torn one.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents! Good luck whatever you decide.

J x.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an episiotomy with Max, so about 2 weeks ago now. It was painful the first week, but some pain killers took care of most of that. Now I feel pretty good! I had to have one because with premmie babies the drs don't want to put much pressure on their heads, makes sense.

J- glad to have you back...

Max is still in special care, but he only has one tube now, for feeding, so makes it much easier to hold him! We are trying to get him on sucking feeds now. He is soooo cute!

I'm finding it a little hard to not be pregnant anymore. We both weren't ready! I didn't have any warm up time, if you know what I mean. He should still be in my tummy, i would only be 34 weeks today.

Maybe I need some reminders that being pregnant isn't the most comfortable thing around...Eko, you're the furtherest along, remind me!