Closed Thread
Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1544
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    I ha my Dating scan wih a referral from my gp and only got my referral for my ob after the scan when we saw the heartbeats so I'm taking it's normal
    Cool, so I should get my referral for the hospital after this scan.

I like my GP but she doesn't bulk bill so costs me $50 each time I go there... wish she would give me everything all at once so I didn't have to keep paying. I have a baby to save for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Paid parental leave is 18 weeks on minimum wage (approx $600 per week before tax). Baby bonus is approx $5000 paid fortnightly over 13 fortnights I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Thanks Lil Smurfy... not much money huh? Hope DF gets a better job before the baby is due!!
    There are limitations and criteria you have to meet for the above centrelink stuff though.

Paid Parental Leave - You must of worked 41 weeks or 300 hours within the 13 months before the baby is born to qaulify, you cannot lapse more than 8 weeks without working 1 day. This is also taxed so therefore will go against your income for the year.

Baby Bonus - You must not earn more than $75k within 6 months after the baby is born. Untaxed.

More often than not the paid parental leave is more beneficial as that totals $10k, where as the baby bonus is only $5k, after the 1st of July if this is your second or more child then the baby bonus drops down to $3k.

Haha sorry for the long story the only reason I know all of this is because I have had to investigate to see if im entitled to any!!
    When I finish work next week and adding my AL and RDO's onto the end of it I have worked 44 weeks, so I just scrape in, the baby bonus we are not entitled to as DH earns to much!

Hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MCB I wish!!! It's my last day NEXT Friday!

Oh and why do you have to pay for your dating scan?? It should be covered by medicare no?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is horrible Toni... Really hating being here and would resign in a drop of a hat if I could! I will confirm with HR, I do like confirming things myself especially since my boss is useless.
    I ALWAYS ring HR for myself, my new boss was not impressed at all but it does pay to know your rights. Id finish today and never come back if we could afford it. Just be a SAHM and study

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    There are limitations and criteria you have to meet for the above centrelink stuff though.

Paid Parental Leave - You must of worked 41 weeks or 300 hours within the 13 months before the baby is born to qaulify, you cannot lapse more than 8 weeks without working 1 day. This is also taxed so therefore will go against your income for the year.

Baby Bonus - You must not earn more than $75k within 6 months after the baby is born. Untaxed.

More often than not the paid parental leave is more beneficial as that totals $10k, where as the baby bonus is only $5k, after the 1st of July if this is your second or more child then the baby bonus drops down to $3k.

Haha sorry for the long story the only reason I know all of this is because I have had to investigate to see if im entitled to any!!
    When I finish work next week and adding my AL and RDO's onto the end of it I have worked 44 weeks, so I just scrape in, the baby bonus we are not entitled to as DH earns to much!

Hope this helps!!
    Thanks Choccie So for example I resign from my current job and get get conract work for 6 months working 5 days a week at 40hr weeks would I still qualify? Even if it is not 12 months work?

I ask that as I am pretty sure I will be resigning soon, especially after what I have put up with today

So bloody confusing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Oh MCB I wish!!! It's my last day NEXT Friday!

Oh and why do you have to pay for your dating scan?? It should be covered by medicare no?
    oop sorry, thought it was this week! is it too early to use pregnancy brain as an excuse :P haha.

Place I was sent to medicare doesn't fully cover only covers $90.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    I ALWAYS ring HR for myself, my new boss was not impressed at all but it does pay to know your rights. Id finish today and never come back if we could afford it. Just be a SAHM and study
    It is good to know, I agree

Sadly as I just found out HR in this company is hopeless and rude.

Didn't help me at all instead made a complaint to my boss about me.

argh. So fed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you should be fine, as long as you work 300 hours within 13 months prior - 300 hours isnt very much I think its works out to be about 3 days per month, based on 8 hours a day. The only thing you really need to worry about is the 8 week lapse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is good to know, I agree

Sadly as I just found out HR in this company is hopeless and rude.

Didn't help me at all instead made a complaint to my boss about me.

argh. So fed up.
    Are you in a union? If so I would now be contacting them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Yes you should be fine, as long as you work 300 hours within 13 months prior - 300 hours isnt very much I think its works out to be about 3 days per month, based on 8 hours a day. The only thing you really need to worry about is the 8 week lapse.
    cool, thank you !!

I always thought you needed to work with the employer for 12 months to qualify?

I won't resign from my position until I have a new one so I should have no lapse in time between jobs.