Closed Thread
Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1544
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    They have a mum and baby gift basket I was looking at online today.
    I was looking at that too, might be a great way of trying out a few products

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Toni - I don't think it is weird at all. Like Rainbow said I would be honoured if I were asked. You won't know until you ask

I had an appointment with my GP tonight and asked her opinion. She said that normally women finish up between 34 and 38wks. We discussed working up until 35wks and suggested that if at 33wks I am feeling different she will write a certificate for me. I sit down at a computer all day so I'm not on my feet and I am feeling relatively good. Work has been pretty good and understanding throughout the entire pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding finishing work at what week.... I said I would work up to 4 weeks before due date, now the 6th week has gone by I can honestly notice a massive difference it's like a down hill slide from 33 weeks, sleeping is harder, walking, very tired, massive growth spurt, general uncomfortableness, possibly having the baby engaged doesn't make it very easy along with a 3 yr old to deal with!
    Just something to keep in mind when thinking about when to finish, assess week by week after 32 weeks . Next Friday can't come quick enough for my body.. My brain wants to keep working lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - what about ur mum? Would she be able to step in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ToniS - I don't think that's weird at all and like Rainbow said if I was asked by a friend I would feel honoured!

Maybee - it's a hard one as its hard to tell how you will feel at that stage. I finished up work with my last pregnancy at 35 weeks and I was very ready to finish. I had an office job and the actual job wasn't bothering me apart from the fact I had awful swelling in my feet but it was the public transport to and from work that I struggled with towards the end. It's nice your Dr is offering to give you a certificate if you think you need to finish earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    ToniS - I don't think that's weird at all and like Rainbow said if I was asked by a friend I would feel honoured!

Maybee - it's a hard one as its hard to tell how you will feel at that stage. I finished up work with my last pregnancy at 35 weeks and I was very ready to finish. I had an office job and the actual job wasn't bothering me apart from the fact I had awful swelling in my feet but it was the public transport to and from work that I struggled with towards the end. It's nice your Dr is offering to give you a certificate if you think you need to finish earlier.
    Yes that's the part that I think will affect me most is the commute by public transport every day. At this stage, I am going to aim for 35wks and see how I am travelling. I think work would be accommodating with shorter hours and if need be I will take a day here and there to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I messaged my friend who would be thrilled to come up. Unfortunately her fiance just lost his job so now we are trying to figure out flights but we are hoping we can use frequent fliers at least one way to bring the cost down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning ladies,

Good news on your best friend Toni I am sure you will both figure out a way to get her up there

I will be buying some Moogoo stuff closer to the time of requiring it, I have used some of their stuff before and it is great!

Anyone have any information on Maternity leave? Do you know what you generally get paid vs what you wil get paid via centrelink if you weren't entitled to it?

I am trying to decide if I should stay employed where I am or change jobs.... Really hating where I work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Paid parental leave is 18 weeks on minimum wage (approx $600 per week before tax). Baby bonus is approx $5000 paid fortnightly over 13 fortnights I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm loving maternity clothes. So comfy and make me look pregnant. When I wear normal clothes, I just look fat