Closed Thread
Page 132 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1544
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cute idea Rainbow.

I love making things and will be doing so for the nursery

That is really cute Lil Smurfy I have a bunny that says "some bunny loves you" and my DF always says that to me now, very cute

You are looking great Choccie beautiful belly bump

Good to hear your babies are doing well Nila, hopefully your little girl does just fine. ooh exciting you may have your babies earlier!!

Hopefully get my results back today and get my referral for dating scan! finally.

Going to pick up a change table, bassinet and a whole heap of unused linen, toys and bits and pieces tonight... Good ol' gumtree got the whole lot for $100 and change table and bassinet are in great condition and only used for two - three months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I love bump pics! Looking great Choccie.

My wisdom tooth has decided now is a good time to start making an appearance, so sore.
    Ouch! I had all four of my wisdom teeth out last year in the chair... bloody painful. Lived off baby food for three weeks haha.

Hope the tooth doesn't give you too much trouble!! Bad timing huh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nila: great to hear your babies are ok.

rainbow road: I'd just look up the meaning of making 1000 cranes. Traditionally you do that when someone is unwell.

Chocciequeen: you have a gorgeous bump.

Lil Smurfy: ouch, wisdom teeth are not fun at all.

Michelle: I can't believe how organised you are getting already. Makes me feel slack.

AFM: 29w today Am looking at a couple of second hand prams today. Can't justify buying brand new when DP can't use them so will not be used as often as most people.
    Have my first antenatal class today. A little nervous. I have an agreement with a friend that I didn't have to face reality about giving birth until my first class. So after tonight I need to realise that in 11 weeks I will be giving birth to this bub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That was why people finished Sadako's cranes, but in Japan they're made for friends/family on special occasions like weddings or births, for good luck and well wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Nila: great to hear your babies are ok.

rainbow road: I'd just look up the meaning of making 1000 cranes. Traditionally you do that when someone is unwell.

Chocciequeen: you have a gorgeous bump.

Lil Smurfy: ouch, wisdom teeth are not fun at all.

Michelle: I can't believe how organised you are getting already. Makes me feel slack.

AFM: 29w today Am looking at a couple of second hand prams today. Can't justify buying brand new when DP can't use them so will not be used as often as most people.
    Have my first antenatal class today. A little nervous. I have an agreement with a friend that I didn't have to face reality about giving birth until my first class. So after tonight I need to realise that in 11 weeks I will be giving birth to this bub
    Don't need to feel slack, I am just super organised and impatient! I figured I would just have a look but when I saw that and how cheap it was I jumped at it

Wow 11 weeks that isn't far away at all!! Try looking at Gumtree for 2nd hand prams there are heaps on at the moment!

I just googled the meaning of 1000 paper cranes:

Cultural significance

A thousand paper cranes are traditionally given as a wedding gift by the father, who is wishing a thousand years of happiness and prosperity upon the couple. They can also be given to a new baby for long life and good luck. Hanging them in one's home is thought to be a powerfully lucky and benevolent charm.
    Several temples, including some in Tokyo and Hiroshima, have eternal flames for world peace. At these temples, school groups or individuals often donate senbazuru to add to the prayer for peace. The cranes are left exposed to the elements, slowly dissolving and becoming tattered as the wish is released. In this way they are related to the prayer flags of India and Tibet.
    In Western countries, the custom has been extended from giving a senbazuru to cancer patients to using them at funerals or on the grave.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 12-01-2015 at 13:03. Reason: Link Removal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    That was why people finished Sadako's cranes, but in Japan they're made for friends/family on special occasions like weddings or births, for good luck and well wishes
    I couldn't remember the whole story behind them I hope she can get them all done, 1000 is a lot to do.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She will do it I'll try as well, but my origami skills are pretty terrible!!! DP has made 1000 before...I'm sure she will experience some déjà Vu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woot woo choccie - great bump!!

Last night Dh and I painted the first coat of colour in the nursery. I had a specific colour in mind, and the closest I could find, DH said was to dark. So we went for a colour that I have never really loved - I always said it was to cream and he said it was light coffee latte! LOl so last night we put the first coat on and I hate it! but I bit my tongue and said it was nice. Then about an hour later, DH pulls out one of our towels and said 'is this the colour you really wanted?" (I had told him that weeks ago) and it was. So we put the towel up next to my original colour swatch and it was a perfect match! grrrrrr!! So we re off to Bunnings to buy more paint in my original colour! but was exciting to finally get some colour into the room! DH's parents are here this week, so we will be buying some things this weekend!

I have a question or 2 - well I can only think of 1 - but I had 2 to ask!! (baby brain much??) On the weekend we went to the maternity superstore and I bought a dress for a wedding. while we were there, the lady gave me a pair of bike short type leggings that went over my bump and down to just above my knee - was like shapewear to smooth out the bumps and lumps to give the dress a nice shape.
    I have tried bras'n'things and Asos (too expensive for what I am looking for!!) - do you know of any other places that sell these shapewear type things but for pregnant women?

and I am sure I will think of my 2nd question at like 3am tomorrow morning!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    She will do it I'll try as well, but my origami skills are pretty terrible!!! DP has made 1000 before...I'm sure she will experience some déjà Vu
    Yes I've made 1000 before. At least she has a few months to get them finished

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Soooo I can barely keep track of where this thread is at so I thought I would just post a pic instead lol!

34w 4d
    Attachment 34699
    Lovely bump choccie! I can't keep up either and I'm not even at work haha
    I want a bigger bump I feel so small!